What's new

Shamanism

Div6

Crusader
Any one into soul retrieval\shamanism? I have done some training in the area, but find Rowland Barkley to have some interesting insights. For example, his viewpoint on addictions is quite interesting, I think:

Why is so much of the population addicted to something?

Because their spiritual nature is at war against their material nature, and addiction is the body’s way of winning against that war.

Can people help themselves somehow to come out of these energies?

Easily. They need to make their own decision. But it is rare for people to make their own decisions. They get most of their decisions from group pressure, e.g. television advertising that constantly says that a physical substance, e.g. alcohol, headache pills etc, is the solution to problems and the way to getting the friends you want.

I’m sure that nobody wishes to live in a state of an addicted life.

Most movies, fairy stories, and even religions are constantly repeating that you need something to hold onto, which of course means to be addicted.

Most people feel extremely lost and do not know what to say unless they have a favourite attachment or “pet neurosis” to complain about. Most people are as loyal to keeping their habitual problem as they are to keeping their dog. Problems are simply works of art that you don’t get paid for in money. You get paid for having problems by receiving emotional attention. This is a major cause of “physical” illnesses.

Believing in problems is a way of sucking energy from other people.

Do you try to tell me that people don’t want to save themselves from addiction?

Very rarely. Most people are desperate to stop other people from being addicted, as a means of hiding their own addiction from themselves.

How can I understand this?

The greatest human addiction is to their internal mental images about their mother’s opinions. People hide this fact in four ways, often using the four at once:
a) By agreeing with the opinions
b) By disagreeing with the opinions
c) By pretending to agree while disagreeing
d) By pretending to disagree while actually agreeing

All four habits waste a terrible amount of energy, because all of them remove the person from being conscious in the present moment.

The basic substance addiction is taught to poor innocent children, thousands of times, without anybody being intelligent enough to see how crazy they are acting. The greatest desire children have is learning. Their second greatest desire is Love.

The most immediate impulse habit adults utilize to show a child love is to give them sugar. It is so much easier to show them they are a good person by giving them sugar than to give them learning. Learning is the greatest human craving. Excess sugar makes messes with the metabolic rate, interfering with learning. Then well meaning “educators” act crazier than a schizophrenic in the name of “science” by addicting the sugar sped up child to Ritalin.

More on the linked page...

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't understand addiciton.

I don't have an addictive personality.

But Shamanism reaches far beyond and is an extroverted type of learning that brings one to explore other dimensions, I have never heard of "addiciton" in any part of it.

Shamanism is an understanding and a way of extending your beingness in a way that you can and listen to others,not matter what form they take, and even be others.

Here is a great link for just a brief view of this and many other types of religions and practices, a great web site: http://www.joyofsects.com/world/indians.shtml

"Shamanism is one of the most widely shared components of Indian life. Shamans are spiritually gifted people who through a variety of means have acquired the ability to help others through trance and dream journeying. As in the ancient cultures of China, Tibet, and Northern Russia, North American shamans induce trance states in themselves to facilitate contacting the spirit world and to help heal the afflicted".

The same thing people do on the ot levels in Scientology.

Last edited: