Shootin' The Breeze

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dead Duck, Apr 26, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dead Duck

Dead Duck New Member

I woke up in the morning, decided to shave, and then headed out to my two-bit job to try and earn enough green for a beer and a hot dog.

As I headed down the now all-too-familiar road I heard on the radio yet another celebrity blathering on about the Church of Scientology. That made me think of L. Ron Hubbard and the impact he's made on society.

He's let it be known, to all and sundry, how he wanted to smash his name into history. I want to smash my name into history too but the difference is he actually did it.

But he either smashed his name in as a hero or a heel. It depends on whose side you're on.

2. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome!

He didn't smash his name in as a heel; sorry but his detractors are just blowin' smoke, the man just didn't do much in the way of serious wrong.

Just for instance a recent link was posted to the Ortega blog and I glanced at it and it mentioned the Affirmations as "damning evidence"

All right Mr Ortega, let's suppose Elron is alive and living in your jurisdiction. You hustle off to Court and tell the judge you have damning evidence against L. Ron Hubbard and you want him arrested, arraigned, indicted, tried, convicted and sentenced! The Judge says "Well that has to start with a charge; what is the charge?"

One suspects a Mr Ortega would have a family with centuries of history with the RCC and for centuries the discovery of such a paper as the Affirmations could (and often did) get a person burned at the stake but not here Tony.

I'm not one of Hubbard's legion of sycophants and somehow I don't really see him in heroic terms but he incontestably produced a prodigious and seminal body of work. In fact it is surprising to find a person of such apparently dross and venal ambition producing such great and lasting value but so it has occurred

3. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Clay....how much auditing have you had yourself ....Book 1.....Dianetics.....Grades.....Clear......OT Levels?

I know you like Dianetics.

I myself had very good results auditing others on Book 1, even though some here might kick me in the head for saying so. LOL

4. Clay Pigeon

Not that much. I am an ARC Straightrazor release who was in the middle of he R3R on the Drug RD when i split. My wife was in the middle of Grade I, Problems. It has been observed a PC tends to dramatize their unflat grade and boyoboy did she ever!

Of course I do too but I have the good sense to use drugs to enhance my "OT" abilities which can be developed and expanded simply by studying and applying the unclassified materials.

And...

I am, unlike Co$, implacably bound and committed to the first ten Amendments and in fact regard them as Divinely Inspired and thus Scriptural in nature. I am also a professing Christian struggling with the teachings of a fellow who said "I give you a new commandment; that you love one another" and "Verily I say unto you you cannot be my disciple save you hate your family and your friends."

Also...

I denominate myself as a "Judeochristian Universalist" and my far ranging studies among other things have revealed those ancient Greeks were on to something. In 1977 living under the eaves in a garret apartment with my Wild Irish Rose and our brilliant infant son I spent two weeks studying Plato's "Republic". A couple days after I was done in pleasant slumber I found myself floating above fluffy white clouds in bright blazing light which was completely absent of the daytime sun's glare. there appeared before me an immense hand, maybe eighteen feet from heel to fingertip. In the hollow of the palm was a tiny pile of itty-bitty gold seeds. I took one, broke it open and the eensiest, weensiest little drop of golden fluid flowed from it. I touched it to my tongue and it proved to have the most remarkable characteristic of wetness. Consider a beaker of clear water and how a drop of pigment in a soluble fluid will quickly billow. On my tongue it was as if my body were fluid rather than solid. My God! It was sweet! Sweet as if honey were nearly tasteless. It expanded through mouth up to skull and down neck out shoulders down chest and arms, torso hips legs in maybe four or five seconds cleansing and invigorating every cell in my body! Then dream disappears back into deep sleep to awaken most uncommonly refreshed.

That...

Was Nectar!

Go ahead and insist It was just a dream dear friend...

That!

Was!!

NECTAR!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  5. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

If you actually believe that you're delusional.

The Government of France disagrees with you. Convicted in absentia of a Felony. The Fatman did PLENTY of serious wrong. You need to read up on it.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Clay Pigeon

Thank you Dave. I've been reading up on it massively since I came across Coryden's "Messiah or Madman" in 2007. My word! That was the first I heard of Quentin's death. And apparently Elron's failure to follow his own good advice was a significant factor in this tragic and untimely death as Quentin was classically PTS Type E.

I should give a flying fuck about a French Judicial fiat?

Yes I've read about that and I've read Arnie's collection of things Judges have said about Ron and NONE OF IT ADDS UP TO DIDDLYSQUAT!!!

You want to tell me "Ron was human, all too human," fine. That works.

You want to try tell me he ever did anything that impugns the TOWERING, IMMENSE, SEMINAL AND ENDURING value of his life work...

You can try and I will enjoy engaging in two way communication with you. I'm always pleased to find someone with a different perspective than my own who can hold up their end of a conversation but for the most part antis crap out on me

However...

Co$$$ SUXXXXX!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  7. Dave B.

The Sole Source Myth and Opening Pandora's Box are the first two threads you should read.

I do not share your appraisal of $cientology, it's "towering" value.

Hubbard and $cientology apologists can blather on about ethics but they can't even follow the morals and legal codes of the societies they inhabit. In fact disdain them. If they're so superhuman it would be easy to do so. Seems to violate Hubbard's "make friends" dictum. As with almost everything in the cult it's a lie.

Hubbard was an asshole. An Asshole (capitol a) with an agenda. He's interfered with my life since I was a kid, until I told him to his face to fuck off and leave me alone (June 17th 1984).

$cientology is sort of like heroin. I view ex $cn. cult members as ex-heroin addicts. Many kick using but never get clean enough to live a normal life again. They're damaged in some ways. The cult brainwash is always interposing between them and life. $cientology is the single most toxic corrosive inhuman control-freak mindfuck yet devised.

I wish you a full recovery. When you cease using cult labels and terms you're well on your way.

"All $cientologists are ex-$cientologists they just don't know it yet" - HHH

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. Clay Pigeon

Ahhhh...

Dave, were you "born in" or child of parents who joined?

I can certainly appreciate and RESPECT your very different assessment

I, as many others, studied auditing on my own initiative and maintained my personal integrity while doing so. I do not need to recover.

I never met Ron. You knew him well enough to see him in 1984?

Could you tell us more?

9. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Were you related to LRH?

Seems to me there was a tape play that LRH made that was played at New Years 1984 where he mentioned something about wanting people to move up the Bridge because it was very lonely up there by himself....I think he was talking about OT8. His voice sounded weak and shaky....it didn't sound like LRH at all.... and I wondered what condition he was in at that time. When you spoke to him in 1984, what sort of condition or shape was he in at that time....I mean besides being an asshole......excuse me....Asshole...with a capital A.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  10. Dave B.

My various encounters with the Fatman were the first thing I posted when I joined this site in 2011. I was unceremoniously poo-poo'd, doubted, etc. Not a good start, lol. So I deleted that account started and new one.

You're going to read things here that challenge your beliefs as to "what's what" and what you think you know. And that is a good thing.

11. Clay Pigeon

Your writing is respected at this desk Dave

Please renew former deletions

12. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

You weren't Ready for Action in 2011, I hope.