Squeeze My Cans shows about Scientology - 2018

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Feb 22, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

2. CommunicatorIC

3. CommunicatorIC

A Scientology Cautionary Tale.

Door County Pulse: A Scientology Cautionary Tale

https://doorcountypulse.com/a-scientology-cautionary-tale/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Former Scientologist, Cathy Schenkelberg, premieres her solo show at Rogue Theater. The Church of Scientology had actress Cathy Schenkelberg for 14 years; it took another five years to leave them behind in the face of harassing phone calls, midnight knocks on her door by “outreach” staffers, an expensive custody battle and constant paranoia about the monitoring of her every move. She has the courage to tell this hilarious and horrifying story under the direction of Shirley Anderson with sound and projection design by Victoria Deiorio.

Her story premieres in her new original solo show, Squeeze My Cans, for four performances, June 7-10, at Rogue Theater in Sturgeon Bay.

“Many of the people who went as far as I did in the Church lost everything, went insane, died or killed themselves,” said Schenkelberg. “I’m lucky to be alive and healthy.”

Squeeze My Cans shows June 7-10, Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 pm and Sunday at 2 pm. The June 7 performance is a special pay-what-you-can preview, with proceeds benefiting HELP of Door County.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

4. CommunicatorIC

5. triumph

triumph Patron with Honors

Green Bay Press Gazette

Rogue Theater presents one-woman show about Scientology
    USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin Published 10:32 p.m. CT June 4, 2018 |

STURGEON BAY - Former Church of Scientology member Cathy Schenkelberg performs her solo show about her experience, "Squeeze My Cans," four times this week on Rogue Theater's stage.
    Have you ever wondered if Bozo was a suppressive person? Have you ever considered what it might be like to audition to be Tom Cruise's girlfriend? What would you do if the carrot of spiritual freedom was dangled in front of you, waiting to be seized?
    Schenkelberg decided to chase it and what she found was Scientology, where she spent most of her young adult life. After years of studying and searching, she found herself blowing alien life forms off her body, farther than ever from who she had hoped to be.
    Now, Schenkelberg returns to share that hilarious and horrifying story in this no-holds-barred cautionary tale of how she survived not just those 14 years as a member but another 5 years to leave Scientology behind in the face of harassing phone calls, midnight knocks on her door by “outreach” staffers, an expensive custody battle and constant paranoia about the monitoring of her every move..

more@link

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...resents-one-woman-show-scientology/671941002/

6. triumph

triumph Patron with Honors

Door County Daily News
    Rogue Theater presents solo show exploring peril of Scientology
    By Tim Kowols

A Nebraska native and veteran performer is bringing her experiences with Scientology to the forefront when her solo show “Squeeze My Cans” opens on Thursday in Sturgeon Bay. Cathy Schenkelberg, a popular voice-over artist who also appeared on Chicago Fire and The Bozo Show, was a member of Scientology for 14 years before leaving the church in 2009.

http://www.doorcountydailynews.com/...nts-solo-show-exploring-peril-of-scientology/