What's new

Staff pay.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
BIG assumption that it's dollars, US, Canadian, Aussie, NZ or otherwise. He/she won't even say what org or what country or give other hard facts.
Just not believable.

I still like DOF's suggestion that the GI number is in lira. :)
Hes in Zimbabwe;)

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very productive. Was this an average week or an anomaly? Can you give a rough idea where, which country, north, south, east, west?

BIG assumption that it's dollars, US, Canadian, Aussie, NZ or otherwise. He/she won't even say what org or what country or give other hard facts.
Hes in Zimbabwe;)
End of speculation - here is your answer (if you want to believe it):
..... I had very high people on the org board really trying to recruit me. They made me a little diagram of LA (= Los Angeles), did statistics with me, and talked over their mission .....
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ted-for-2017&p=1054346&viewfull=1#post1054346

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
End of speculation - here is your answer (if you want to believe it):

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ted-for-2017&p=1054346&viewfull=1#post1054346

Libertas Annexe is a small town in Zimbabwe

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/ZI/00/Libertas_Annexe.html

I am not saying that it's not Los Angeles, just that that's how OSA would say an acceptable truth without apparently lying. Someone claims to receive 500 dollars in LA and it turns out to be Zimbabwe dollars not worth a cent and the town of LA is of just over 4000 population in the middle of nowhere in an evil dictatorship.

That's is exactly how scn uses the concept of truth.

I watched in amazement an ad for scn recently on TV (I did complain) it said that something like 26 million people have been helped by volunteer ministers. I think I might have worried my neighbours by saying ''fuck off'' very loudly!
It seems I wasn't the only one to complain googing for it I found this...
https://scicrit.wordpress.com/2015/...entologys-volunteer-ministers-advertisements/

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Staff pay just sucked. But it was really worse than that. Various CO's would insist you wouldn't need a wog job if you applied the right tech or policy.

This notion was simply false and put a lot of us in a spinny situation trying for years to figure out what policy we weren't applying or what overts we had that were keeping our income low.

I actually believed that it was completely my fault that our income was so low.

Scientology has a degree of truth which makes it possible for one to believe that type of crap.

One shuts down thinking honestly at times and that's a very bad thing.

Staff pay was/is bad because the orgs were set up that way.

The amazing thing is that we tolerated it. I think I would have stayed if the pay was decent, even half-way decent, like minimum wage.

It was a blessing that it wasn't a livable wage.

Bad Sign

Patron
Staff pay just sucked. But it was really worse than that. Various CO's would insist you wouldn't need a wog job if you applied the right tech or policy.

This notion was simply false and put a lot of us in a spinny situation trying for years to figure out what policy we weren't applying or what overts we had that were keeping our income low.

I actually believed that it was completely my fault that our income was so low.

Scientology has a degree of truth which makes it possible for one to believe that type of crap.

One shuts down thinking honestly at times and that's a very bad thing.

Staff pay was/is bad because the orgs were set up that way.

The amazing thing is that we tolerated it. I think I would have stayed if the pay was decent, even half-way decent, like minimum wage.

It was a blessing that it wasn't a livable wage.

I agree with you 100%. The cognitive dissonance of not being able to make just a little money(say 5$/hr) working for the church, juxtaposed against how not affordable the services were never seemed right to me. Until I read, "Scientology does not work as stated; but as intended."

"Wasn't there but someone relayed the stats," There's your out- point, What were the Stats really,? Your walking on the side of being a Troll,
One thing I've noticed about Scientology stats, is they're very PTS. Up one week down for 2, mission comes in , Presto its backup, Mission leave, Town, Back down, Scientology can never change, that's why 7000 Ex don't believe you. Is the IAS a org GGI stat , and a percentage
siphoned off.
And is Bodies in the shop BTs, that number sounds high, using the 20/80 rule.

Then again I'm only a bitter and twisted Ex.........Granitt.

No troll here - wasn't there because if you poked around the board you would've saw that I had been kept away from the org in a tedious recruit cycle. I honestly could hardly care less if yall believed me. I only came this board for help. Received it and then sharing my experience. I was working west US in an affluent town I'll PM you the fricken org if you want. Yall are fucking mean hearted people and to end speculation I'm a 20 year old female.

wigee1

Patron with Honors
No troll here - wasn't there because if you poked around the board you would've saw that I had been kept away from the org in a tedious recruit cycle. I honestly could hardly care less if yall believed me. I only came this board for help. Received it and then sharing my experience. I was working west US in an affluent town I'll PM you the fricken org if you want. Yall are fucking mean hearted people and to end speculation I'm a 20 year old female.

Sorry to push your buttons, we all have gone through some sort of shit on this board, but the way out is the way through, as a 64year old , I,m a cynic,especially stats and income, The way scientology has been designed is staff do not get much , I had 2x cleaning jobs to survive, one in the morning and one at night, so keep up communicating , toughen up, we need you, we are understanding the changes in the new Scientology. Grant.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
The main problem with Scientology staff was the false choice you were given:

Making Money

vs

Living a life that was "on-purpose"

It's not one or the other.

You can live a life that is on purpose and make money, too.

Just not while you are a Scientologist in good standing with the Church of Scientology.

Poor staff members who were tricked by Scientology into -

"Living a Life that was ON PURPOSE"

Meanwhile behind the curtain...

the leader and founder live a lavish lifestyle by bamboozling those that were "living a life that was on purpose"

The public spent tons of money to pay "volunteer's" for services that lead to nothing but an over inflated EGO -

The poor public were fleeced and bamboozled too

Scientology - the religion where everyone loses, including the founder and leader. Eventually - it is a losing game that leads to death and destruction for all.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
Poor staff members who were tricked by Scientology into -

"Living a Life that was ON PURPOSE"

Meanwhile behind the curtain...

the leader and founder live a lavish lifestyle by bamboozling those that were "living a life that was on purpose"

The public spent tons of money to pay "volunteer's" for services that lead to nothing but an over inflated EGO -

The poor public were fleeced and bamboozled too

Scientology - the religion where everyone loses, including the founder and leader. Eventually - it is a losing game that leads to death and destruction for all.

yah, it's funny how Hubbard resigned from the COS in 1965 or thereabouts, and yet had a 3 ships on the Ocean living the lifestyle he wanted, and yet still running Scientology, although he resigned,

And I've read the many stories of those ship adventures by people on the ship, and I've also read Hubbard's stories of those ship adventures AKA called his tapes & lectures, the two don't match up.

One story is the horror of it all,

the other story is Hubbards story of the adventure of it all.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: at Hubbard, what a lier.

And the bottom line will, and will forever be, is show me a muther fuk'in "clear"

Last edited:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Training isn't the key to income

Bullshit. I know Hubbard said what you are repeating, but it isn't true. It depends on the pricing, how much you charge for auditing and how much for a training course.

Let's say 12 1/2 hours auditing costs $4,000. How long does a course that costs $4,000 take? I know it depends on the course, but it is weeks or months of courseroom time.

$4,000 worth of auditing takes up, say, 15 hours of an auditor's time, plus some hours pro-rated of the C/S, D of P, tech page, and assorted back-up staff. Other auditors share the same staff.

$4,000 worth of training takes up months full-time of a course supervisor, course admin and assorted admin back-up personnel. Again it is pro-rated, and the more public there are the more efficient it becomes. But it needs the same number of staff if there are 20 students or 1 student.

If you're like Flag and use interns for months and months of delivering paid service to FSO public, where the interns themselves get paid zilch and are treated like dirt, that might help with the "training is the key to income" line. Also, an org needs auditors, and the best way to get them is to train them up, so in that sense training is the key to future income from auditing. :)

-----
snip...

Paul

AMEN!!!!!!!! This is a great post.

I would say that having a full course room is the key to having a thriving org but the money is absolutely from auditing.

On the other hand, if the orgs focused on co-audits and training and stopped the nutty totalitarian crap, the money grubbing, the silly bulk mailings, and the disconnection policies they might do pretty well.

I say the COS' focus on money warps the entire experience.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Training isn't the key to income

I would say that having a full course room is the key to having a thriving org but the money is absolutely from auditing.

On the other hand, if the orgs focused on co-audits and training and stopped the nutty totalitarian crap, the money grubbing, the silly bulk mailings, and the disconnection policies they might do pretty well.

Training is the key to income because you have a captive audience to reg for all the other stuff. PCs sit in the waiting room and then leave. Full-time students are there for a great many hours and can be pounced on during breaks and after course.

It also becomes apparent it will take forever to go up the Bridge that way. Don't think I saw anybody ever actually co-audit beyond Objectives. Then you get students who have problems who get repair lists for clay table, for Pro TRs, they go PTS or they inevitably 'go out-int' on Objectives. Then, they are treated like gold over in the HGC and it seems a nice change from course life. At least, that's what it looked like in my org.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
OH, I just remembered one little fun thing about staff pay. The list for Cramming was up in Treasury on payday. So, if you had a cram you needed to do and you lined up, you would be refused your pay.

Even MORE fun, if you didn't get all your crams done and there happened to be an IAS event that week? During the event it would inevitably be proposed (and, of course, approved) to release the hold so that you could DONATE THE PITTANCE YOU EARNED!!! Yeah, no pressure.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors

Training is the key to income because you have a captive audience to reg for all the other stuff. PCs sit in the waiting room and then leave. Full-time students are there for a great many hours and can be pounced on during breaks and after course.

It also becomes apparent it will take forever to go up the Bridge that way. Don't think I saw anybody ever actually co-audit beyond Objectives. Then you get students who have problems who get repair lists for clay table, for Pro TRs, they go PTS or they inevitably 'go out-int' on Objectives. Then, they are treated like gold over in the HGC and it seems a nice change from course life. At least, that's what it looked like in my org.

I think it's both, training & auditing.

You have to remember the key marketing strategy of Hubbard is making the able more able. This has a dual effect.

1. When able people, business owners, latch onto scientology, why they are able already, and get auditing to become more able, the auditing side of the Bridge to Total Freedom.

2. When somebody who sees this, but isn't a able person having their own business, why they get sold on becoming more able and scientology will make this happen through the training side of the Bridge to Total Freedom.

The two points, public, intertwine as both are seeing people in the course room, and seeing people getting auditing & training, it sort of becomes self reinforcing. And hubbard states many things to self reinforce these viewpoints. Such as the auditor is senior to a "clear", training makes one more able, and yet even hubbard hisself said he would go clear first, then train.

As you know, what a mindfuk it all is, as there are no clears or OT's. LOL

Addition: Having worked in Treasury for a Org, it only takes a few able business people buying intensives at 4k a pop every month, to keep the lights on and the org in business. And the cycle repeats with new business people falling for the trap. .

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Seriously, the main source of income these days seems, to me, to be "no-exchange donations".

The entirety of this operation flies in the face of "make money by delivering scientology" but you only have to look at the current programs being carried out in Orgs to see that this is the new norm in scientology.

Mandatory purchase of "new" book/lecture stocks at hugely inflated prices, recycling public on low-demand (for Staff) training services, re-do of already done audited Bridge steps are all working well for the CofS too, of course.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
Seriously, the main source of income these days seems, to me, to be "no-exchange donations".

The entirety of this operation flies in the face of "make money by delivering scientology" but you only have to look at the current programs being carried out in Orgs to see that this is the new norm in scientology.

Mandatory purchase of "new" book/lecture stocks at hugely inflated prices, recycling public on low-demand (for Staff) training services, re-do of already done audited Bridge steps are all working well for the CofS too, of course.

yes, that's true, but the older days, was the viewpoint I am speaking from.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

From the Tao of Programming:

A Master Programmer passed a novice programmer one day.

The Master noted the novice's preoccupation with a hand-held computer game.

"Excuse me," he said, "may I examine it?"

The novice bolted to attention and handed the device to the Master. "I see that the device claims to have three levels of play: Easy, Medium, and Hard," said the Master. "Yet every such device has another level of play, where the device seeks not to conquer the human, nor to be conquered by the human."

"Pray, Great Master," implored the novice, "how does one find this mysterious setting?"

The Master dropped the device to the ground and crushed it with his heel. Suddenly the novice was enlightened.

Scientology is "The game where the only way to win, is to not play".

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

What Hubbard wanted was for the LOWER orgs and missions to focus on training, and to send their PCs to the UPPER (SO) orgs (which sent a much higher percentage of income to Int, and thus to Hubbard)