What's new

Tech Good, Management Bad?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'm 'fraid I must demand that Scientology produces a better society as a result from whatever the 'tech' does inside the cult.

If a disgusting and evil totalitarian society is what results.. Then we'd better face up to the fact that the 'tech' and the 'religion' leads us where we shouldn't come...

This 'answer' to our problems on all dynamics has had 50 years to prove it's mettle... I invite you to listen to some David Miscavige's latest speaks.. And observe the scene with the audience and all..

It is time to wrap it up.. Into all sharp corners!

:yes:

Unfortunately, I don't think it can- in or outside the cult.

But my point in my previous post was that saying the tech is all no good or whatever isn't, IMO, an assumption or pronouncement one can make if they've not seen it applied on a stand alone basis. No question in my mind that Scn "tech" isn't as advertised, but saying it's ALL no good just doesn't do it for me.

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't think one can really know that without researching Scn (informally or formally, first-hand or second-hand. I use the word "researching" very loosely) "tech" as a/some stand alone procedures. Judging "tech" by what happens in the cult is, IMO, a very narrow and misleading frame of reference.

Fluffy, I had well over two decades of learning, researching and applying both auditing and management tech in scientology, including quite a few years on OT VII, and thorough training on the management volumes and in particular on evaluation "tech," then another decade of thinking about it all as an ex-scientologist, and that included quite a bit of research into the activities and "achievements" of ex-members in the freezone.

I reckon the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and quite obviously I ate quite enough of this particular not too appetizing pudding over the years to be able to formulate a reasonably well-considered view.

My problem with the activities of the freezone is that it sends my bullshit detector into overdrive, same as the activities of the "mother church" of scientology.

Because the principles and practices of the various freezone "schools" of Hubbardism are just as full of holes, contradictions, hokum and bunkum as the principles and practices of the "mother church."

The only difference is that freezone practitioners are to all intents and purposes powerless and are in no position to exercise institutional intimidation and totalitarian control over their clients, as the "mother church" does over its "parishioners."

Well, I suppose, that is at least something in the favour of freezone practices, because even though they cannot possibly deliver anything remotely resembling Hubbardian promises, at least they do no perceptible harm.

And also, in fairness, the freezone practitioners obviously satisfy the expectations of their clients, because otherwise they could not possibly survive in what is essentially a service business, in contrast to the "mother church," which survives solely by virtue of its power to bully, intimidate, coerce and misdirect attention, rather than by genuine exchange through timely delivery of product promised and paid for.

:) (Opter's husband)

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Unfortunately, I don't think it can- in or outside the cult.

But my point in my previous post was that saying the tech is all no good or whatever isn't, IMO, an assumption or pronouncement one can make if they've not seen it applied on a stand alone basis. No question in my mind that Scn "tech" isn't as advertised, but saying it's ALL no good just doesn't do it for me.
Yes.. And my point was.. That even if some Scientology procedure resulted in provable and actual ability to be an exterior demigod on earth.. That would not change a thing.. If the totalitarian and evil organization we can observe is the result.. Then the tech and religion is evil and utterly useless and we must oppose it..

If that is the 'price' we must do without being demigods!

Feral

Rogue male
Carmel;238958]Something which isn't finite, like much in life. There's mountains and mountains of data, and what one can do with that data has no limitations. Despite what was often been done with it, and depsite what was pushed down people's throats, we all had the choice to take it on board or not, and we all had the choice to 'think with' and explore concepts within that body of 'knowledge'.

To say what one could do with SCN 'has no limitations' is quite an extreme statement,are you sure you mean that?

We did have the choice just like the Germans did with Fascism. Scn came into our lives when we needed something and it STUCK, did with me anyway.

This is a bit of a patronizing comment, Kev. It's like saying "well, you've still got to have the cognition, wake up or whatever, then you'll see it as I do". It's make wrong, and/or a bit yucky to say the least. Opposing perspectives can both be right, or at least have rightnesses. If one was to run in front of an oncoming train, we could pretty well say they'd be killled. Scientology is not like it. It's results were dependant on what people did with it (regardless of whether they were supposed to or not).

It was a bit rude, sorry.
The point I made! :grouch:

LOL. I didn't get the point.

LRH's motivation, whatever it was, certainly had it's effects, and many weren't good. LRH's prime postulate was his, not mine and not yours, and it didn't stop one from finding some of the gems in life through studying and applying Scn. I don't believe that the 'prime postulate' or Scn or it's premises are what forced people into things or to having a certain belief. We were all individuals and made mistakes - sometimes our mistakes then led us to hell.

No, but the prime postulates (see admissions and 1938 letter to Polly) set the tone and nature of the game.

It's not just the tech that's causing what is going on in the cult today, it's also individuals who are not looking and thinking for themselves - they are tolerating it, and forwarding it. This perspective seems like a pretty bloody tough one, but it's one I have.

AH!! Tech good people (management) bad.
Am I "SO pro tech"? Yes, I am "pro" that thing which got me to look, explore, figure stuff out, learn, improve conditions for myself and others, etc, etc. The tech itself also gave me licence to reject that which I didn't like or agree with, and I used that licence throughout my time in Scn. I suspected/rejected data when I was a "gung ho" Scn'ist and nothing much has changed in that regard - I don't understand why you find that odd.

KSW gives no one license to reject any part of sanything that Hubbard wrote, nor does it permit the writings to be altered so they do work.

It certainly does to give you license to use 'other' tech.

Where did you buy this license?:)

I think that's the problem. You've packaged it up or want to package it up and give it a label, make it this or that, when it could have been and was many different things, to those involved. There are many different perspectives one can have on Scn, with much validity - I don't think it's a good thing to deny those perspectives and package Scn up into a "good" or "bad" category - I'm not denying that stuff designed to control and dominate is all through it. In saying that though, the dichotomies within it, are and WERE always quite apparent - Which did we accept and forward, and why did we?

Hey, I do have a different view on the tech now, than when I first came on this board. I can see now, that while I was in, I was in denial on some of the stuff I didn't like. I'd use "Conceptual Understanding" HCOB, and other "tech" or "policy" to negate the stuff that didn't fit or equate. I wrote a lot of stuff off as LRH's "opinion" which I considered I was permitted to do (per what he said about it). With some data that didn't compute, I'd just "not-is" it, thinking that he must have been cranky when he wrote it and falling prey to his own aberrations.

For whatever reason, I wanted it to all "fit" and wanted it to be right. When I considered it wasn't, I dubbed in all sorts of shit, altered his importances or whatever, to make it so. I realize that now, and I acknowledge that. I no longer 'defend' LRH tech, 'cause I didn't study it all with the perspective I have now, and I don't know exactly how many of the overall concepts I have are what he actually intended and how many are what I 'altered' to suit myself. HOWEVER, just so, so, many single datums in that body of tech, I have looked at, observed in life, 'thought with', used, applied, and found so helpful (I still do today). I didn't make them up. I got them from lectures, bulletins, policies and books. The difference that data made in my life and to many I have helped, has been huge. How or why, could I should I deny that?

We all had choices to take what was there for the taking. None of us had to believe or take anything on board if we didn't want to, and we didn't have to despite the pressure to do so.

You know that I believe Scn management and the 'CofS' is suppressive, facist and needs to be stopped - it's been harming too many for too long. You know that "the Bridge to Total Freedom" just fucks me off and something that I believe to be a con. You also know that I am fucked off about myself and others being hoodwinked by LRH and the CofS. However, I have 'a' belief that it's people (past or present), their "aberrations", their intentions and their actions that are at fault here, not the tech itself. The tech itself doesn't have a heart and it doesn't have a voice - it's just a shitload of data, and what I label as "tech"
[/QUOTE]

I pretty well find nothing there I disagree with except bolded line. There it is, Tech good management (people) bad.

Carmel, the behavior of the people that you object to, apart from human flaws, were a product of Hubbards' tech, his 'no prisoners' management tech that made 'Captain Bligh look like a Sunday school teacher'. His line that.

Would you say Nazism was a good system, except the Germans mucked it up?

RogerB

Crusader
Oh, Oh, The Feral Cat is Set Among the Pigeons!

I've been wanting to challenge a mind set here for a while among Scientologists, heretical scientologists, FZers and fence sitters. The odd thing is this applies to me a bit as well. Mostly as I left the Church.

Well Kevin Bloody Mackey, challenge “the mind set” you did . . . and along with some other bloody aspects of the board’s equilibrium as well! You’ve set a Feral cat among the pigeons!

So here it is, if this Scientology is the tech of life and all that it is said to be how come the church itself hasn't prospered ? The staff and SO don't do well, the public don't show any real positive difference from their peers in the world at large. In fact if you take a real hard look you will even find the opposite.

There is a lot of discussion on the board based on the assumption that the tech is great and management is not and it is or has gone bad. That explains everything of course, all of the outnesses right down to the lack of the state of OT as a result from the OT levels, the abuse, secrecy and lack of expansion and popularity of the church.

Actually I’m giving your leg a well deserved pulling, as your post is a classic of well written; well reasoned, argued and propositioned ponderings.

But it does remind me of the debating society fraternity wherein individuals can take on, or propose, positions they don’t actually believe in, all for the sake of a debate or argument.

For me, I will not take the bait of the “either/or” proposition as I see it as fallacious as such usually are.

In my view the proposition of your piece’s second and third paragraphs, and its subject header “Tech Good, Management Bad?” contain some false and/or limited premises. Though, this of course, is the stuff of “propositions for the sake of argument.”

In reading the responses so far, I can’t help being reminded of LRH’s musings on the subject of problems, which I shall paraphrase from memory: “A problem is two or more opposing forces or intentions considered to be of equal magnitude.” And, of course, it’s this appearance of equal magnitude of the options that hangs an area up as unresolved.

It’s not what is in the Tech Dictionary, but it’s my expression of what I remember from his old tapes. (And I think my statement is more elegant than his!!)

I am reminded of this because this thread has revealed degrees of difficulty for some folks in “letting go” of and/or resolving some aspects of their involvement with the scene we refer to as Scio, which difficulty appears, from what has been revealed, to stem from not yet fully recognizing or assigning relative importances to each of the pieces of the puzzle; and so, all thus having equal weight, the area hangs up.

This hang up being evinced by such statements as, “Difficult time sorting out”; or “I think it’s both . . .” etc.

Well, “it” is not both. Some parts of “it” work, and some parts do not. Some parts may well have been honest endeavor to help, and other parts are obviously efforts at deceit. That the management and conduct of “its” affairs is now criminal is beyond question—this might have affected “its” success in attaining any promised results with the upper level tech had that tech ever been able to achieve the promise; but that tech never did, nor was it ever able to and nor can it.

Every now and then DM announces a magic bullet to remedy this, a piece of tech that will fix everything something that has been corrected from management created alterations, something wonderful. With each 'magic bullet' the church sells it's faithful they appear to go further down the road to the inevitable exposure that the tech does not and will not produce what was implied.

By magic bullet I'm talking about; KTL, LOC, Grades for OTs, New NOTS, GAT, GAK, Advanced pgms, new PTS SP courses and new books, ad-infinitum, each new re-release and sometimes re-re-release explaining away and remedying the failures of the past, which for those brief windows of convenience appear to be acknowledged.

The result? Inevitably more abuse, greater expense and tighter 'ethics' and control for and of the public and those 'out ethics' staff.

I can hear the FZers say; "exactly, it's the bad and suppressive management". Proves it doesn't it?

So, how good is this tech?

The first thing I did when I eventually realized that the “church” had gone bad and was not going to ever be gotten honest and straight such that its workable tech would be honestly and helpfully applied (and I refer mainly to the management, ethics and admin tech of that time here); I did a tour around the US investigating who and what was available to continue what I considered to be a worthwhile endeavor of recovering and restoring my true full spiritual powers with.

This also caused me to do a complete evaluation of all the techs available along with a comparable evaluation of Scio tech itself. I ended up with items, individual items, that were seen to be either definitely workable and worthwhile, some that were questionable, and some that were absolute crap and destructive falsehood or otherwise evil practices.

I then embraced the workable and worthwhile, absolutely discarded totally the crap, and held the questionable at a safe distance for further analysis. This included such items, even, as the Axioms — I find there is both erroneous and questionable material in them along with some worthwhile stuff.

This action removed, for me, any doubt situations I had. It gave me a certainty on what I had such that I could move forward.

So, to answer your question: “So, how good is this tech?”

My first response is: Which tech? Which part or piece of the tech?

Of the processing tech, some of it is very good and highly workable. Some is absolute crap and actually dangerous to the extent that some has even produced damaging outcomes.

Overall, “the tech” is superficial with much incomplete as to depth of needed research and development, and some is now seen as observably erroneous. These judgments and evaluations, of course, could only be done once one had studied the material in question.

A review of the actual history of the development of the management tech from reading the reports of those who worked with LRH while it was being developed reveals it was actually developed as a control mechanism rather than it being the “management tech” it is purported to be. The ethics tech similarly was developed as a subjugation and domination tool not as the ostensible rehabilitation and helpful restoration tool if was positioned as. “Management staff” actually only dramatize the abusive ethics tech practices on their charges as was practiced on them — so we actually have a bad tech-bad people situation on that point.

So, to all you FZers and others; I propose that this result is the inevitable result of an unworkable body of technology developed as bait to lure people in to agreement and alliance with Hubbard and his game of dominance over the minds of men. Hubbard's paranoia has mirrored itself like a cancer in his admin tech with classic creations like the RPF, Scientology justice, fair game, The elite SO, OSAs dirty tricks and many more.

I would change the wording of this paragraph even if I agreed the thrust of its main point on Hubbard’s intentions — and there is persuasive evidence that the whole thing was the implementation of a mad, evil scheme right from its inception!

This phrase is incorrect: “I propose that this result is the inevitable result of an unworkable body of technology developed as bait to lure people in”

A more correct statement would be: This outcome is the inevitable result of a body of technology which has as its early and introductory levels some highly workable and beneficial materials that are used as bait to lure people into the higher levels where increased control and domination is practiced and which ultimately are not only not workable in delivering what is promised, but are in fact detrimental and dangerous.

Now before every one thinks I've joined the "it's all dreck" club and that I think none of it works. I'll say, like many here I had a lot of gain here and there from auditing and training. But I proppose those wins and pieces of workability were bits of bait laid along the trail called the bridge to keep us shelling out and to convince us that it WAS the carefully laid path out of here to OT god like abilities and states that have been alluded to since the PDC days yet have never manifest themselves.

What do you' techies' and ' Ronnites' not agree with here? .

The big question I still have, is: did Hubbard begin this as a con job? Was it all deceit and a fraud from the very beginning?

That I do not know.

It is possible he was irresponsibly “flamboyant” and insouciant in the beginning, then it got out of his control and he turned to the evil, dark side to cover his goofs and irresponsible statements. Eventually the dark side took over, and the exercise became one of more and more deceit when he could not admit any errors and his lies, such as his phony PhD, were exposed. Evidence indicates he turned paranoid in about 1961, and flipped to the dark side more and more beginning about 1964.

RogerB

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
To say what one could do with SCN 'has no limitations' is quite an extreme statement,are you sure you mean that?
In the context of my answer to your question, and given the context of my entire post to you, yes! As a statement by itself, no!

We did have the choice just like the Germans did with Fascism. Scn came into our lives when we needed something and it STUCK, did with me anyway.
It stuck with me too, but what the "it" was, wasn't the same for all of us.

It was a bit rude, sorry.
Cool. :)

LOL. I didn't get the point.
Well, too bad then, 'cause buggered if I know what point ya don't get! :p

No, but the prime postulates (see admissions and 1938 letter to Polly) set the tone and nature of the game.
Given that these "prime postulates" did set the tone, my question would be the tone for who? They sure as hell didn't set the tone and nature of the game for me, nor for the likes of my mentors...Harry Bloomberg, Peter Sparshot and Jan Hill who I respected, admired, and learnt from. Yes, it may have set the tone of the CofS extremely prevalent now, but there are tenets of Scn and individual postulates which could and did set quite a different tone.

AH!! Tech good people (management) bad.
Your 'equation', not mine.

KSW gives no one license to reject any part of sanything that Hubbard wrote,
The Creed does. The Creed was the very first thing I read when I walked into the org. It was on the wall (about 2m x 3m in size), staring ya in the face, when ya first walked into the place.

nor does it permit the writings to be altered so they do work.

It certainly does to give you license to use 'other' tech.
("Certainly doesn't give you licence" I presume you mean)
No argument there. I didn't say that it did. Amongst the body of tech there was plenty there to use and apply, without "altering" a thing and/or using other tech.

Where did you buy this license?:)
It wasn't bought, it just was - The Creed, "If it's not true for you....", "Conceptual Understanding" HCOB (despite my pushing the ledger on that one), and the Student Hat lectures on evaluating importances, application etc.

As you know, I didn't take KSW 1, the same way you did. I took it to mean things like - Just don't fuck with the tech and alter it's application. Follow procedure. Don't allow someone ta tell ya that it's different to what's written. Don't allow the tech to be changed. Don't allow people to order you to do something or cop something that is in conflict with policy or tech, AND, to me the most important aspect of it, was, don't get sucked into 'group think/agreement'.

I pretty well find nothing there I disagree with except bolded line. There it is, Tech good management (people) bad.
Your words, not mine. Again, you've taken something out of context.

Carmel, the behavior of the people that you object to, apart from human flaws, were a product of Hubbards' tech, his 'no prisoners' management tech that made 'Captain Bligh look like a Sunday school teacher'. His line that.
No, I don't believe that it's quite that black and white. Given all the tech and policy that is counter to the behaviour in orgs, despite the "tech" that was put there to enable control and domination, I consider that 'group think' is the main offender. The 'group think' talked about in KSW 1.

Would you say Nazism was a good system, except the Germans mucked it up?
No, and you know I wouldn't. Nazism, Facism, and Totalitarianism are what they are and what they were. People followed those regimes, and often because of pressure to do so.

As I said above, there was enough tech there totally countering what is going on in orgs. Many of us who studied it, way back when, knew it and used it to play the game as we saw fit. Over time, the regime became so suppressive that we no longer could. At that point (which differed dependant on times and places), many left. It's not what they signed up for, not what they ever agreed to, and not in alignment with the basic tenets of Scn available for study.

Many never accepted the 'group think' within Scn orgs, and got out rather than doing so. Some stayed in and tried to fight it. Others bought it and forwarded it before eventually getting out. To me, it's 'group think' that 'won the day', not the tech.

Feral

Rogue male
AH! Tech good and group think bad! LOL .I might need to change the title of my thread.

You make some very good points here Carmel. I liked the part about how it wasn't YOUR prime postulate, that's probably how so many people made Scn a good game to play.

It was, however, Rons AFAIK, and in his game HIS prime postulate trumps yours and mine in the end.

Scientology was and is a totalitarian organisation, since about 1965-7. As hard to accept as that is for many.

HolyCow

Patron with Honors
I think this is quite an astute observation and analysis from Carmel.

I look at Scientology as just a strong blip in a long effort of man to understand himself since ancient times. Scientology cannot be looked at in isolation, if one wants to come up with any usable assessment.

Scientology is simply one man's look at the accumulated knowledge of Man, and an effort to voice it in today's language of sci-fi. Obviously there are those concepts of "survive" and "engram" around which an effort has been made to organize rest of the data. This is this man's theory. But no theories are perfect.

That's all it is... a one-man effort... and that man had a big ego.

But, we can also look at all that knowledge, just the way this man did, and follow our own intelligence to evaluate it, while avoiding the pitfalls of ego this man fell into.

There is nothing stopping you from taking over the task this man attempted, and carry it forward, without botching it up the way this man did.

r u kidding? Have you not studied/researched this "man"?
Do you not know he was skizo? Study biotech and many other emerging sciences if you're really interested. Hug a kid. please, this insansity's gotta stop.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
RogerB wrote:

The big question I still have, is: did Hubbard begin this as a con job? Was it all deceit and a fraud from the very beginning?

That I do not know.

It is possible be was irresponsibly “flamboyant” and insouciant in the beginning, then it got out of his control and he turned to the evil, dark side to cover his goofs and irresponsible statements. Eventually the dark side took over, and the exercise became one of more and more deceit when he could not admit any errors and his lies, such as his phony PhD, were exposed. Evidence indicates he turned paranoid in about 1961, and flipped to the dark side more and more beginning about 1964.

RogerB
People get stuck in wins a lot more often than they get stuck in losses.

After all, the wins contain all the "winning valences", don't they?

Roger - if you would re-read what you wrote above, and BE LRH as you factually described him there, while still using your own values to evaluate what you wrote about - how can you possibly think L Ron Hubbard could ever produce a technology that creates sanity or happiness, let alone Clear and OT states?

I'll tell you how: You are still stuck in your wins.

It happens to almost all Scientologists. The first few wins they had in Scientology can keep them in forever.

It's okay to move on.

You can let go of your wins now.

Lots of things produce wins - huge wins - just like you had in your early days in Scientology.

Move on.

There's so much more to be had.

Carmel

Crusader
Well Kevin Bloody Mackey, challenge “the mind set” you did . . . <snipped for brevity>
:goodposting: Some great points, well made. Thanks for posting, Rog. :)

RogerB wrote:

People get stuck in wins a lot more often than they get stuck in losses.

After all, the wins contain all the "winning valences", don't they?

Roger - if you would re-read what you wrote above, and BE LRH as you factually described him there, while still using your own values to evaluate what you wrote about - how can you possibly think L Ron Hubbard could ever produce a technology that creates sanity or happiness, let alone Clear and OT states?

I'll tell you how: You are still stuck in your wins.

It happens to almost all Scientologists. The first few wins they had in Scientology can keep them in forever.

It's okay to move on.

You can let go of your wins now.

Lots of things produce wins - huge wins - just like you had in your early days in Scientology.

Move on.

There's so much more to be had.
:puke:

Who's stuck in what here? :ohmy:

I find your evaluation of where Roger is at, ludicrous and just so off the mark (not to mention downright rude), AND, regardless of whether it has validity or not (which I don't believe it has), the mere fact that you voiced it in a post is a bloody shocker, IMO. :eyeroll:

Feral

Rogue male
Carmel , the crime of blatant evaluation has been 're-evaluated' by the armadillo since leaving the Hubbard mind set.

I'm sure Roger is about to correct any misconceptions Alanzo has developed from living in a bucket. I'm also sure he is able to see this excellent use of point making and saber rattling is designed to inflame a healthy and impassioned debate.

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>

It was, however, Rons AFAIK, and in his game HIS prime postulate trumps yours and mine in the end.
<snip>

In regard to the organization now, which most of us consider totalitarian (and find 'easy' to accept, btw), 'something' quite unsavoury sure did come up trumps. In regard to what came up trumps for many individuals applying "the tech" though, was something quite different than that, and nothing like the result of something like you describe as "HIS prime postulate" being the ace card in play.

Not everyone walked your road Kev, and not everyone joined the Sea Org. Despite us all being 'suckered' on so many fronts, some took the raisins, some just copped the turd, and some had a mix.

Many "gung ho" Scios didn't even study Scn, and some only had limited training and/or experience with it. Most were certainly subjected to indoctrination about certain 'premises' that were just a load of shit compared to the 'tech' on the subject.

As I said in an earlier post, I reckon if one doesn't look at the good with the bad, and if one is trying to get it all to fit into one box, then perspectives will be closed off, truths will be denied, and that would hamper the ability and freedom to move on.

Some exes blame it all on the tech, and that isn't smart, IMO. Yes there is LRH tech and advices that contain some real 'curlies'. This stuff has caused so much harm to so many. The CofS is accountable for this, absolutely, but I also think that it is of benefit to all of us, to look at our 'own' accountability - blaming it all on the tech, and/or labeling the tech as one big bad package that fucked us all, denies truths and closes doors.

Carmel

Crusader
Carmel , the crime of blatant evaluation has been 're-evaluated' by the armadillo since leaving the Hubbard mind set.

I'm sure Roger is about to correct any misconceptions Alanzo has developed from living in a bucket. I'm also sure he is able to see this excellent use of point making and saber rattling is designed to inflame a healthy and impassioned debate.

Maybe so, but I found Alanzo's post arrogant and offensive, and like all of us, I have the priviledge of being permitted to say so.

BTW, I think Roger would be smart NOT to take the bait - In my mind, a post like that doesn't "inflame a healthy and impassioned debate" - it mostly just pisses people off. :)

Feral

Rogue male
In regard to the organization now, which most of us consider totalitarian (and find 'easy' to accept, btw), 'something' quite unsavoury sure did come up trumps. In regard to what came up trumps for many individuals applying "the tech" though, was something quite different than that, and nothing like the result of something like you describe as "HIS prime postulate" being the ace card in play.

Not everyone walked your road Kev, and not everyone joined the Sea Org. Despite us all being 'suckered' on so many fronts, some took the raisins, some just copped the turd, and some had a mix.

Who got all raisins?

Many "gung ho" Scios didn't even study Scn, and some only had limited training and/or experience with it. Most were certainly subjected to indoctrination about certain 'premises' that were just a load of shit compared to the 'tech' on the subject.

As I said in an earlier post, I reckon if one doesn't look at the good with the bad, and if one is trying to get it all to fit into one box, then perspectives will be closed off, truths will be denied, and that would hamper the ability and freedom to move on.

Moving on is what this thread is all about, I believe holding onto the identities one had in Scn and thus the 'truths' of those identities without inspecting them is the biggest barrier to moving on.

Some exes blame it all on the tech, and that isn't smart, IMO. Yes there is LRH tech and advices that contain some real 'curlies'. This stuff has caused so much harm to so many. The CofS is accountable for this, absolutely, but I also think that it is of benefit to all of us, to look at our 'own' accountability - blaming it all on the tech, and/or labeling the tech as one big bad package that fucked us all, denies truths and closes doors

Blame it on the tech? Rubbish, but let's assign the source of the trouble to the source of the trouble without fear or favour.

Your arguing with a point that wasn't made with the last bolded, please, that's not what I said. Also the two bolded parts seem to contradict each other too. Why not blame the correct source for the 'curlies'?

Carmel

Crusader
Who got all raisins?
Clearly, you got fuck all - and that's a hard one to swallow for sure!

Moving on is what this thread is all about, I believe holding onto the identities on had in Scn and thus the 'truths' of those identities without inspecting them is the biggest barrier to moving on.
It may well be, but I haven't and am not referring to identities.

Blame it on the tech? Rubbish, but let's assign the source of the trouble to the source of the trouble without fear or favour.
No argument there.

Your arguing with a point that wasn't made with the last bolded, please, that's not what I said.
I didn't say that you did! Am I only permitted to respond, and not originate? Am I not permitted to give a concept I have, to give more context to what I'm saying? Crikey!

Also the two bolded parts seem to contradict each other too. Why not blame the correct source for the 'curlies'?
They don't contradict eachother to me, not at all! - To me, that's what "pan-determinism" was all about. It's beneficial to step back and look at things from all angles and the different perspectives.

Nothing wrong with blaming the "source", but the "source" of the corruption is not the issue at hand - The "tech" is, or at least was, the thing that we have been 'debating'.

:ohmy: "Kevin and Carmel sittin' up a tree,
S-P-A-R-R-I-N-G!"

(I prefer the "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" version, meeself! :coolwink:)​

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Maybe so, but I found Alanzo's post arrogant and offensive, and like all of us, I have the priviledge of being permitted to say so.

BTW, I think Roger would be smart NOT to take the bait - In my mind, a post like that doesn't "inflame a healthy and impassioned debate" - it mostly just pisses people off. :)

What do you think about the idea of being stuck in a win, Carmel?

Do you think it's possible to be stuck in a win?

If it's possible to be stuck in a win, do you think that might be a factor in why people stay in so long, kind of like "chasing the dragon"?

RogerB

Crusader
Carmel Wrote:

Who's stuck in what here?

I find your evaluation of where Roger is at, ludicrous and just so off the mark (not to mention downright rude), AND, regardless of whether it has validity or not (which I don't believe it has), the mere fact that you voiced it in a post is a bloody shocker, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post

My lovelies,

The Armadillo can be safely ignored . . . his effort simply another instance of hallucinatory dub-in and falsely imputing to another his own hang-ups. The post is simply another example of his lack of charm, lack of good manners and the propensity to destroy rather than co-create and exchange. He thinks the sport of putting another down is an exchange of ideas!:duh:

No wonder he is convinced he was hypnotized by "the tech" and that the experience with it is all negative.:duh:

RogerB

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

My lovelies,

The Armadillo can be safely ignored . . . his effort simply another instance of hallucinatory dub-in and falsely imputing to another his own hang-ups. The post is simply another example of his lack of charm, lack of good manners and the propensity to destroy rather than co-create and exchange. He thinks the sport of putting another down is an exchange of ideas!:duh:

No wonder he is convinced he was hypnotized by "the tech" and that the experience with it is all negative.:duh:

RogerB

If you are ignoring me, why then do you say the above about me?

Oh! You mean my IDEAS can be safely ignored!

Yes, of course. Again we have the final refuge of the desperate ideologue: ad hominem attacks in place of a rationale. And straw men arguments, attacking things I never said.

So, let's review Roger's reasoning:

Ignoring the points made and attacking the person and his character instead.

Saying things were said - which were not - and attacking those things instead of what was said.

This is the reasoning typical of Scientologists - incapable of supporting their own conclusions and viewpoints with a sound rationale.

You, too, can be a Scientologist - just like Roger! :thumbsup:

Alanzo, I think you're getting "TA" there. Is that what they call it?
And then LFBD? is that how it goes?
And then, "Oh wow man I really blew huge amounts of mass there!"
Wow what a great win! I've just gotten a NEW win to be stuck in for the NEXT 25 years.

Nothing like a change.:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

am I going to get happy smiles or scowls?