The (almost) perfect COVERTLY HOSTILE thread by Marty

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by rockyslammer, Mar 24, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/23/independents-now-and-then/#comment-192727

I don't post very often but I feel a rage coming on. Marty says:-

"The eighties leaders were different than current leaders in that the former ultimately were bought."

What the fuck!!

My answer to Jim Logan in very understated language but I still doubt it will get past the censor.

"Jim,

David Mayo is a 70 year old who is actively living his life.

Sadly he got the worst treatment of anyone I have ever heard of from Scientology. The worst has never been published. If and when the gag agreements get shot full of holes he may be persuaded to tell everything. There is a lot to tell.

But the owners of this site know very well how he was hamstrung, after all - they did the hamstringing. Still I doubt (I sincerely hope anyway) they know the worst of what was done to him by Miscavidge. I doubt many here would have handled it so well - so before you condemn realise that you have no inkling of what went down.

I was in very many centres of Independence in the 80's and I do not know of any leader who was "bought" off. Was Bill Robertson bought?, I know Jon Atack was bankrupted, I know Robin Scott went to prison after refusing to accept a payoff to falsely incriminate others (me included). So who, exactly, was bought?

As far as I know David Mayo settled under conditions that didn't benefit him financially. Any cash received went to his financial sponsor to pay legal bills. His legal collapsed when his sponsor pulled the plug.

Remember at that time there was no internet or anonymous to assist. Things were totally different then. The two people "we" (the Royal "we") praise today were in fact responsible for many of the shameful things that were done to David Mayo.

David Mayo won't speak for himself on these matters because of his gag agreement. At 70 years of age I can assure you that no one wants that sort of shitstorm happening again. Of course if he had substantial backers to fight and win any legal action he may be persuaded but I doubt it.

He has stated many times he is no longer a scientologist and has no interest in furthering it.

Just saying!
    regards
    Martin Ruston"

Talk about false statements and generalities!! I am (nearly) speechless!

I don't know any 80's leaders who were bought. I know a few who were crushed. Didn't Debbie and her husband take $100,000? She is a current leader isn't she?

I don't know why marty has to keep coming back to "get" those 80's pioneers but he does. Last time he was shocked by the responses he had praising David Mayo. Now he is coming back for a second pasting. The man has no brains.

It isn't necessary for Marty to destroy David Mayo (the person he refers to covertly). If Marty wants the scientology billions I can hereby assure him David Mayo wants NO claim to any of it. David Mayo is NO threat to him!!!

In David Mayo's own words in his latest email to me. I hope David won't mind me pasting it here. I won't post the whole email - that he may mind!!

"Personally, I'd rather continue to be poor, honest and having nothing to do with any of them."

So martY, if you are reading this - please let an elderly man in peace - please!

I don't normally let marty get to me - I have very little interest in his ideas and opinions but sometimes his blatant hypocrisy does fire me up especially when I see him still trying to fuck over friends of mine - still - after 30 years!!

However, if marty does get his hands on the billion I hope he sees fit to throw a million odd to David Mayo as compensation and maybe a few odd thousands to others who were royally fucked by Miscavidge and his henchmen. I won't hold my breath though.

regards to all
    Martin

2. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

ooooooh marty has responded!!!

martin ruston | March 24, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Reply

THIS POST IS SO FULL OF FALSE DATA AND MISLEADING INNUENDO, I’LL POST IT ONLY UNDER THE CONDITION OF RESPONDING TO A FEW OF THE OFFENDING PASSAGES IN CAPS BY THEM. BY THE TONE LEVEL AND ETHICS LEVEL DEMONSTRATED BY THE HANDLING OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY THIS CAT WON’T LEARN AND WILL BE THE LAST POST. JUST MY GUESS. – MARTY
    Jim,

David Mayo is a 70 year old who is actively living his life.

Sadly he got the worst treatment of anyone I have ever heard of from Scientology.
    THAT IS UTTER BULLSHIT. THIS BLOG DOCUMENTS MANY, MANY CASE WHO RECEIVED FAR WORSE.

The worst has never been published.
    HOW COULD THAT POSSIBLY BE SINCE HE HAD EIGHT YEARS AT BATTLE WITH C OF S IN WHICH TO COMMUNICATE IT?

If and when the gag agreements get shot full of holes he may be persuaded to tell everything. There is a lot to tell.
    THE ONLY THING LIKELY TO BE TOLD THAT HASN’T BEEN – SINCE HE WAS DEPOSED FOR MANY DAYS, AND HAD EIGHT YEARS TO COMMUNICATE BEFORE TAKING THE MONEY AND RUNNING, IS THE AMOUNT AND TERMS OF HIS SETTLEMENT.

But the owners of this site know very well how he was hamstrung, after all – they did the hamstringing.
    I AM THE ONLY OWNER OF THIS SITE AND I KNOW OF KNOW HAMSTRINGING THAT HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN DISCLOSED ON THE PUBLIC RECORD.

Still I doubt (I sincerely hope anyway) they know the worst of what was done to him by Miscavidge. I doubt many here would have handled it so well – so before you condemn realise that you have no inkling of what went down.
    I KNOW MANY WHO HAVE HANDLED BETTER AND ARE CONTINUING TO DO SO – BY THE VERY SIMPLE DISTINCTION THAT THEY WOULD NEVER DREAM OF TAKING BLOOD MONEY AND RUNNING.

I was in very many centres of Independence in the 80′s and I do not know of any leader who was “bought” off. Was Bill Robertson bought?, I know Jon Atack was bankrupted, I know Robin Scott went to prison after refusing to accept a payoff to falsely incriminate others (me included). So who, exactly, was bought?
    I ANSWERED THIS SO MANY TIMES I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU PREACHING AND NOT LISTENING OR READING.

As far as I know David Mayo settled under conditions that didn’t benefit him financially. Any cash received went to his financial sponsor to pay legal bills. His legal collapsed when his sponsor pulled the plug.
    YOU ARE ONLY MAKING A STATEMENT THAT THROWS DAVID’S HONESTY AND INTEGRITY TO YOU AND HIS OTHER FOLLOWERS. IT IS 100% UNADULTERATED BULLSHIT.

Remember at that time there was no internet or anonymous to assist.
    ANONYMOUS IS ASSISTING ME? TELL THEM THAT AND SEE WHAT IT BUYS YOU. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A C OF S FALSE ALLEGATION.

Things were totally different then. The two people “we” (the Royal “we”) praise today were in fact responsible for many of the shameful things that were done to David Mayo.
    DUB IN AND OPENS NO DOOR TO A HANDING, EXCEPT FOR YOU TO START CALLING US SIR, SINCE YOU ARE EFFECTIVELY SAYING WE CAUSED DAVID MAYO’S STATE. WHEN I SAY THAT ABOUT DAVID MISCAVIGE IS THE DAY I CHECK MY THETAN IN.

David Mayo won’t speak for himself on these matters because of his gag agreement.
    IF IT IS SO ONEROUS AND DONE WITH A GUN TO HIS HEAD, WHY DOESN’T HE? DEBBIE DID.

At 70 years of age I can assure you that no one wants that sort of shitstorm happening again.
    I RESPECT THAT AND THAT IS WHY I DON’T MAKE AN ISSUE OF IT. BUT, CLOWNS LIKE YOU KEEP TRYING TO CONSTRUCT A SHRINE WITH LIES ON MY BLOG; AND THIS BLOG IS ABOUT TRUTH SO I AM COMPELLED TO RESPOND.

Of course if he had substantial backers to fight and win any legal action he may be persuaded but I doubt it.
    LIKE HE HAD I THE 80′S AND 90′S? AGAIN, YOU BLACK PR YOUR OWN MAN.

He has stated many times he is no longer a scientologist and has no interest in furthering it.

I REST MY CASE

Just saying!
    JUST RESPONDING
    regards
    ALL THE BEST
    Martin Ruston

3. Lovinglife625

Lovinglife625 Patron with Honors

FWIW, something for you Rocky that might help clarify some of what was done in the early 1980s to shut people up by following Hubbard's policies re the use of litigation (including Paulette Cooper and Gerry Armstrong).

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36579546/Spec-Unit-ED-Ok-by-Spec-Pjt

For your information:

"Spec Unit LE" is short for "Special Unit Litigation Execution". That was Marty Rathbun.

"Spct Pjt L" is short for "Special Project L" which is what became Author Services. That was Norman Starkey. Norman was run by David Miscavige.

As a note, at the top of the issue, Rick Moxon was given a "very well done".

4. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

Re: ooooooh marty has responded!!!

My reply - Am I being "reasonable" here?

Marty,

I realise that I am in opposition to many of your ideas and opinions. However truth will out and I, like you, believe it is the only answer.

What then exactly is truth? You have your "truth" and I have mine. They don't have to be the same. We can have different truths and I accept that.

However on matters of fact there is usually something that is more true than something else.

Can we deal in specifics please? You started your thread by covertly attacking David Mayo who can not defend himself. I quote your words

"The eighties leaders were different than current leaders in that the former ultimately were bought."

There was no need for the attack was there? Why?

We can argue the toss backwards and forwards till the cows come home and we will probably get no where. I do understand this blog is yours and I must obey your rules. However when you attack someone (as you have in the past) who is a friend then I feel obligated to step in.

I don't know all the specifics - only what I have been told from my side. If your specifics differ then I would be very pleased to listen. After all I certainly want to know if my friends have filled me full of bull.

If you want to do this in private then I can agree to that but I don't see why we should. I have nothing to hide.

However I would appreciate you moderating your tone. I don't call you names and I if I did you would ban me - as you have already intimated. Isn't it possible to have a difference of agreement in your world? Is it possible that you "always attack - never defend"?

If I am wrong - if my facts are wrong I will be the first to apologise. I have nothing personal invested here. There are always two sides to every story. You have a great deal of information and you have your "side". Are you not interested in listening to the other side?

regards
    Martin Ruston

5. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Thank you. Martin, for posting this. You are correct on all points. Unfortunately I don't share your optimism about Rathbun laying off of David anytime soon.

Rathbun has a history completely devoid of any personal integrity. The only way he can improve his image is to defame other, better people, in an attempt to 'level the playing field'. The fact is that Rathbun is still mired in the lies of the church. He may now be attacking Miscavidge, but this remains a 'false target'. What genuinely needs to be addressed are the many lies, deceits, frauds, and falsehoods of the church and its leadership.

Rathbun remains in opposition to anything which reveals the truth about l.ron hubbard and his church. As long as he remains tied to such an ideological approach and locked in a battle for the contemporary church, Rathbun can not afford to acknowledge the truth about the earlier independent leaders. Were he to do so he would rapidly lose his present fawning minions and his hopes for controlling the wealth of the church. In comparison to the early leadership Rathbun appears as nothing the thug and minimus he truly is.

Fortunately for Rathbun, many among the more recent refugees from the church know no better and remain unwilling to learn the 'unpleasant' truth.

Mark A. Baker

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  6. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Thank you for calling out Marty and then standing up to his ridiculous reply. And kudos for standing up for David Mayo who is far more honorable than Marty ever will be. At least it appears that way right now.

Hopefully many who are considering getting into "Martyworld" will read this and gain more insight into Marty "the Wrath" Rathbun. He's actually doing a pretty good job of late with his own ramblings. Perhaps the lull in the Debbie Cook saga is giving him cabin fever. He's got to find new ways of staying in the limelight. Hopefully he'll do himself in by, well, being his own true self. :yes:

7. MostlyLurker

MostlyLurker Patron Meritorious

When I read that blogpost of Marty I decided to not comment to not open that matter again. Now I've read the comments I feel a outraged too at dishonesty of Marty and the blindness of his followers.

I wonder why that new attack on the old independents. Why Marty fears them (or fears him)? Marty obviously enjoy the power his flock flows to him, he is after power, as he was after power while in the cult.

Anyway, that blogpost and the comments that follows are a great lesson of arrogance, group thinking and false data.

But it is their kingdom there, it is not an open forum, you have no chances to speak any kind of truth there that doesn't please the king.

They still haven't graduated from Scientology, and I feel a little sad for them. And reading that bullshit, the arrogance, lack of granting beingness, the lack of greatness, lack of peace of mind makes me think that they deserve to remain scientologists after all. :clapping:

8. Mystic

Mystic Banned

Huh? Wha...? Anything scientology is of any importance? Naw. No longer. Just a has-been cult including the indies, outies, overies and undies.

9. MostlyLurker

MostlyLurker Patron Meritorious

Old leaders are guilty of giving up the fight for Scientology. That's the main leverage they use, against old leaders, with their flock. That "bought off" issue is perfect to explain why someone left the battle, and to make him look bad to a still believer, but it is far from true. If Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun were honest, they would tell their flock that David Mayo left the battle for Scientology because it was a battle not wort fighting, he was no longer a scientologist long before they handed him the check. THEY handed him the check. Also, if they were honest and sincere they would show some regret for the dirty tricks and criminal behavior they engaged against early independents. They don't, they were right then and are right now in their own mind. They blame those who left the con game of their fake religion. With no gratitude for any contribution given, in the real evil style of their piece of shit L. Ronald Hubbard.

MostlyLurker | March 25, 2012 at 12:52 am | Reply
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    It’s not only hard, it is stupid to die for any religion. I have yet to see a religion that does not harm its people, Scientology too. What I liked of Scientology was the philosophy, not the religion.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  10. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I think Marty's reply shows it is a very sensitive spot for him indeed. He knows he did wrong and all he has to fall back on are scientology labels, attacks and bullshit. I hope more and more of his readers become educated in other parts of the net, and see him for what he is.

11. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Has anyone told you that you are adorable yet today? :)

12. Free to shine

There is also some good discussion on this topic on this thread:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26707-BOOTS-IN-THE-Oh-BULLSHIT!&p=673564#post673564

Especially Hoaxy's

13. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

Hell's teeth - ANOTHER reply from Marty!!!

"martyrathbun09 | March 24, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Reply

Thanks Martin. You have provided valuable information narrowing the target of the investigation and evaluation. Really."

Unfortunately I have no idea what he's talking about!! Maybe he thinks this "ack" will stop me in my tracks??!! Can anyone enlighten me?

Too be honest (and I nearly always am) I think the plot here is to get at that billion.

I know I am not the only one to thinks so. After what happened after New years I am now positive. It played too well to be off the cuff.

regards
    Martin

14. Free to shine

Personally it reads to me like a threat. You could find yourself labelled "the who". :biggrin: Or else he thinks David Mayo is controlling you and had his suspicions confirmed.

Insanity. :duh:

15. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

Now I'm even more confused. The be the "WHO" there has to be a "WHAT". So what is the "WHAT"?

16. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

OK this one didn't make it past the censor!!

martyrathbun09 | March 24, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Reply

For the record, since he’s already evaluated me a ‘censor’, my MODERATION policy has been published twice here and is fairly known – and seldom, if ever, protested – I haven’t seen what he is referring to; but know that if it doesn’t appear it doesn’t meet the standards of well known, communicated and understood standards.

martin ruston | March 24, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Reply
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

on this board censer and moderator are the same thing. Usually a moderator “moderates” things like personal attacks, bad language, ad homs, etc etc. However this board is actually called censoring because posts that are not approved by the owners are rejected. No free, open and fair discussions are allowed unless they further the aims of the owner. This is OK as it is a privately owned site with specific objectives. I understand that. However it IS censored!!

17. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

Marty still sees through his wall of justifications. He spent how many years being an asshole and a bootlicker to Miscavige? He at some level has to make himself right - in addition he still has the whole Scientological blindness - the upper indoc to OT, how the bridge is really the true and only path out, etc. He has to make that right too.

I don't think he could think a straight thought. I think each and every thought at this point is still self-censored - there's an underlying "knowingness" (delusion) that he and Scientologists are somehow better than the rest, and that the rest are "wogs", not really trying and not worth much in any case. Minions, not really people. And there is the cognitive dissonance he and every Scientologist must hold in place to creatively ignore that which doesn't agree (have reality to) their beliefs.

He's still playing a game, through lrh-tinted lenses. Can't see clearly through them but then he doesn't really want to see anything that might force him to re-evaluate anything at all.

18. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Possibly LRH's most cruel legacy is that he instilled in his disciples the idea that "what's true for you is true for you" which has come to mean that actual reality is only an illusion and that the only reality that there is exists in the mind of the beholder.

These people think that their realities (fantasies) are senior to actual reality, clearly. This is how they can hold two or more disparate ideas in mind without a problem and can look you straight in the face and not flinch while they tell you this, that or the other doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

It's quite something to observe.

Taking Hubbard literally is to be trapped in a mental vice grip from hell.

I believe we are watching Marty get worse and worse. Continuing to deny truth is not the direction of sanity. It never has been and it never, ever will be.

It's so obvious it's infuriating until you realize you're observing mental illness.

Thanks Ron.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  19. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

What a great post Synthia...thank you for writing it.

James

20. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks Synthia, great post. I found myself nodding and going :omg: :wow: this is so true .... :thumbsup: