The basics

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by rose10, Apr 13, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. rose10

rose10 Patron

When these were announced the event showed a massive warehouse with papers along rows of tables and we were told it took 25 tears to redo all the books. I know in cos things take a while but 25 years?? Anyone got more info on this please.

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Always assume they are lying.

The real reason for the Basics release, in my opinion, was so they could be sure that the new stuff's copyrights were all securely held by "Church of SPiritual Technology".

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • List
  3. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Around 1975 or so, I was asked to help look into and organize past Scientology materials. Sounded interesting but I had other things going on so turned it down.

Hear it didn't go so well for the guy who did this project.

Considering that the old man left no blab unblabbered, it may well have taken 25 years to move through this Scientology incident.

I liked the Basics, definitely better than the materials that were available back in the day.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Huh? Huh? x 1
    • List
  4. Gib

Gib Crusader

totally agree, but I also think in addition it was a money grab, sell the flock the new and improved rhetoric. DM and his lawyers followed Hubbard's PR & Marketing Series. Make a big show of a new release, let it pan out, in the meantime dream up a new release, make a big show of it, and repeat, and repeat. DM's releases of new things all followed Hubbard's pattern. Every event put on by the so called International Management had new releases of one sort or another.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I think most of the basics were written by Hubbud in the first five years after Dianetics, you do the math.

6. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

On top of that, the early books were used in courses that Hubbard directly supervised in the 60's. It strains credibility to think he would not have noticed anything importantly wrong.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. Gib

Gib Crusader

and as it turns out, both LRH and DM are frauds just marketing to sell books and lectures, LOL

8. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

That would be true except. . .

Ron only had total knowingness on the 1st dynamic. Things HE was reading.

Total knowingness about what others are reading is on the 3rd Dynamic.

This situation required Ron to leave the planet to research advanced OT levels.

I attended a briefing over the weekend and was r-factored that Ron is doing incredibly well on this planet. Well, technically not on this planet, but you homo sap down there on your little slave planet always take things so literally. When you come uptone you will get back your native insouciance and spirit of play. Stop being so serious, you massy DBs!!!!!]

In any case, Ron sends Much Love to all his good friends on earth and says: "I'll see you when you are though the incident, out the top of the tone scale, over the bridge and up the line. The transmission started to break up at that point but it sounded like Ron was singing something like "...over the river and through the woods", it was very undoubtedly some piece of very advanced technology.

9. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Scientology is abject persecution

This link came from a Lerma related link and it could be considered the basic internet message board posters hat if one was looking for one.
    Poster's Hat

10. Voodoo

Voodoo Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

I'm fairly certain that Hubbard wrote most of the text in his books, but after several years of honestly informing myself about the man, I've come to believe that little, if any, of the basic tech was developed by him.

However.... it's plain to me that he had a certain genius for spotting workable tech and seamlessly incorporating it into Dianetics and Scientology.

In the early days of the movement he (quite rightfully) acknowledged the contributions of others, and even thanked them by name in organization bulletins and in his books. Funny how he became the sole Source of D&S by 1968 (or thereabouts), isn't it?

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Gib

Gib Crusader

it's actually 1965 KSW when he became sole source. He betrayed a lot of people in that policy letter. And right around that time period, as people got pissed at Hubbard for claiming hisself as sole source of the material of dianetics and scientology, why he also developed the PTS and SP so called tech or technology for anybody impeding his ideas or wishes. Oh, the rhetoric he used.

12. Gib

Gib Crusader

I doubt it anybody here has got info. Most people talking here are before that time period. With some OSA and freezoners trying to convince it's all good stuff.

I recall the event you are talking about. IMHO it was just a show to show how much Hubbard wrote and the DM showed what a great job he and team was doing to get everything standard, just as LRH wanted. It's really underneath it all just rhetoric, or the art of persuasion.

From my research, Hubbard actually only wrote a few books. Most were the pulp fiction b/4 dianetics and scientology. And even those were just short storys as written in astounding science fiction.

As far as his books written by hisself, I actually don't think he wrote any, they were the help of others, he was never sole source.

Dianetics was a team effort by Hubbard, Campbell and Dr Winter, and a few others. The word engram was switched by Campbell and Dr Winter from the word 'norns" that Hubbard used to described engrams.

Hubbard used the sound scriber in his early days, He recorded everything he spoke, to a audience or not. It's quite simple to add in people of a audience clapping.

Most of Hubbard's written words are actually words translated from recording devices into words of a PL, HCOB, book, advices, etc.

Hubbard never wrote millions of words.