The Current State of Scientology

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Dotey OT, May 22, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dotey OT

Dotey OT Patron with Honors

I think that it may be appropriate to start off a new thread that gives the current state of orgs and the cherch. It feels like it might be a good time in this weird environment that's going on, PLUS the fact that it (THE CHERCH) is doing really, really shitty. I guess the squirrels are getting the last laugh!! Bwahaha.

The local org here, which is an ideal morgue, has crashed. They had several weeks recently of practically zero income, this reported to me by someone with a spouse on staff. I was driving past the morgue the other day, a weekday after 3:00 pm, and there were about fifteen cars in the parking lot total. This city is definitely a commute to the org city, so conceivably those were mostly staff. There are probably some staff within walking distance, so there may be a few more staff than that in the org at any time.

I will endeavour to get some numbers from some staff there now. Some actual GI, BIS, etc.

• Thanks Thanks x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  2. Teanntás

Teanntás Silver Meritorious Patron

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold "

3. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

" Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

Yeats describes current days, about as well as the words held true when he wrote them in 1919

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Voodoo

Voodoo Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

The current state of Scientology? I'd say that they're flat-lining, but it's actually worse. They're contracting, and have been doing so since at least 1990, when the international 'bodies in the shop' stat began to fall. At that time, there were roughly 100,000 people actively involved with Scn.

According to best estimates, they've shrunken to fewer than 35,000 members worldwide, and that includes all staff and public. That means that Scn has shrunk 65% over the last 30 years - or looking at it differently, that's a net loss of 2,166 members per year (2.16% annually).

Given the accelerating rate of attrition, they'll be down to fewer than 10,000 members total by 2025. There are already more Jedis and Wiccans, than there are Scientologists.

I think the 'carrot' that keeps us interested in this subject, is the question of when the attrition will result in a final collapse of the organization. It's coming soon, even if Miscavige's billions still keep the lights on.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Irayam

Irayam Patron with Honors

Staff owning a car!?!
    At my Time (80s), staff were so poor, they were not able to own a car!

Irayam

6. Enthetan

What keeps many people in, after they've lost faith in the value of the "tech", is fear of being disconnected from their family and friends.

What happens with such people, when they have more of the people they care about being "out" than "in"? The collapse scenario might become very sudden, since a loved one exiting, or being declared, may trigger a chain reaction.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Enthetan

Some did. I worked a full-time professional job during the day, and then worked staff at night. It resulted in chronic shortage of sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Karakorum

Karakorum supressively reasonable

Or just not knowing anything about the "big world" outside and realizing the opportunities. Its the bubble paradox - the grass always appears greener on the inside. You already know what you achieved and where you can go from here, while the "big world" feels devoid of opportunities.

That was what kept me going the last few years: "Here I get to write up programs to improve my branch and then implement these programs across the orgs. What am I gonna do outside - sweep the streets?"

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Enthetan

That's a big part of the trap for the "born-in" and the long-time staff: what are you going to put on your resume or job application for a non-Scn job?

With me, I was only in the SO for a couple of years, so I still had contacts in the real world. Getting out, I went to a guy who I worked with before Scn. He thought my going to work for a cult for a couple of years was crazy, but he had enough experience with me that he took me back and gave me a job. After being in a job for a while, what you did years prior becomes less and less relevant to subsequent employers. And totally irrelevant when you go into business for yourself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. Voodoo

Agree. There is a sort of quickening occurring within the church.

11. Irayam

Irayam Patron with Honors

You probably didn't get much sleep! Already a staff that does not have a job outside the org does not sleep much....
    Yes, you are right, it's true that there were a few rare staff with a car. I was a staff member for 3 months and I stopped before I had no more money and I went home to my parents with my car...
    Car that I lent to some staff during these 3 months.

Irayam

12. Enthetan

Official Foundation schedule was 6pm to 10pm weekdays, and 9am to 6pm weekends. There was an HCO PL titled "Foundation" which said that Foundation staff generally held day jobs and should not be kept after hours, as they would become tired. I used that policy.

At end of org hours, I was out the door, no matter what. One time the HAS told me I needed to stick around for an all-hands cleanup. I walked her over to the org board, pointed out t where it had "Janitors and cleaners", told her "See that? Go post some people to that", and left. It did not make me popular with her, but such is life.

My attitude was that if it came to a conflict between the job that paid my bills, versus being on staff, then staff lost. She knew that. Didn't make me popular, but I didn't care. Eventually they offloaded me before my attitude spread.

13. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron with Honors

[​IMG]

14. Voodoo

Triple X, you are the absolute bomb!

You have just GOT to post these cartoons on some friendly sites!

15. Xenu Xenu Xenu

I have done so in the past. Some of them were changed and tweaked a bit so that non-Scientologists could get the jokes. Some were impossible to change so that non-Scientologists could understand, but not many were like that.

Some or most of them were impossible for Scientologists to get the jokes. LOL! That makes sense since Scientologists in good standing never got the huge cosmic joke that Hubbard played on them in the first place.

It appears that one has to first leave Scientology in order to get the jokes.

Feel free to copy any of my work that I post here and distribute as you wish. There was a guy a few years ago who copied a lot of my work and had them printed up as flyers. He would them mail them to various orgs around the world so that they would reach the cult just after 2:00 pm on Thursdays or Fridays at the latest. LOL!

Another guy would print them up all together on letter size paper and them staple them together as a comic book and leave them around public places. One wonders what people thought. I hope they visited the xenu.net site that I plug. That would be real nice.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  16. Voodoo

Triple X, all I can say is, you're one awesome human being. Thank you for what you do!

17. Xenu Xenu Xenu

I do what I can.

18. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Scientology is currently experiencing unprecedented expansion. The millions of Scientologists across the globe are daily seeing the miracles that Scientology services perform.

To paraphrase David Miscavige the stats are straight up and vertical. This year alone millions of square feet of marble were added.

You haters here just have to hate. You're all small beings and, like Leah Remini, are consigned to a dwindling spiral of death and amnesia.

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Karakorum

Karakorum supressively reasonable

Well, I always had my dad to help me out once I defected. He was a part of my calculations when I chose to leave, I know he would help me (though at the time I did not appreciate just how big his help would be).

If I did not have anyone outside to help me, things would have been different. It is hard for me to imagine what my thought process would have been in such case. Maybe I would not have the guts to go out and just continued at my post? Perhaps I'd have defected either way and decided that being homeless was better than staying?
    Possibly, I'd have stayed inside and then did something very violent once things reached a crisis point. Either way, it would not have been good.

Entirely agreed. It was easier for me, as I moved continents and a lot of people here don't know much about scn and america in general. I was able to do some "creative CV editing" to make it sound like i worked for real corporate entities.

20. Gib

Gib Crusader

That wasn't the trap for me. I was never a born-in nor long time staff.

I was a new person who read dianetics in 1987. I thought I could go clear and do away with aberrations, and thus become clear.

When I joined staff, I was fully aware that a staff position in the org was maybe no pay, it depended on how much money the group made, but....

Hubbard made it sound like if you just apply his policy letters, get trained, and move on up the bridge thru auditing to clear and then OT, while the group will expand and make more money all the while helping people.

What could go wrong?

Sounds like a great idea.

Except, in the end there are no clears or OT's.

I had left my life in the wog world (middle class) of having a good job and future, but Hubbard convinced me, or persuaded me to join the winning team, of clearing the planet, a star high goal, never attempted before.

I figured I'd give it a go. Joining staff for a 5 year contract, why I would go clear, and also learn the secrets of management technology, on how to run a group, how to become a leader,

Little did I know I became trapped. I had read too much of hubbard's words or persuasion or rhetoric. Only to realize it's a false promise of words carefully arranged.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List