the D-day in France - the trial start 25 May 2009

Discussion in 'France and Belgium' started by 8-8008, May 25, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. 8-8008

8-8008 Patron with Honors

Here are some articles from some papers in France. I looked for the ones in english.

Here is a link with a video :

http://www.france24.com/en/20090525-scientology-faces-fraud-trial-french-court-sect

Riviera radio:
    "Scientology trial

The Church of Scientology goes on trial today in France. The State has brought fraud charges against the organisation and seven of its managers. The case centres on a complaint made in 1998 by a woman who said she was enrolled into Scientology by a group of people she met outside a metro station. In the following months, she said she paid more than 21-thousand euros for “purification packs” and books that made all kinds of extravagant and fraudulent claims."

I will follow it up today and in the next few days. I will keep you infoed. :thumbsup:

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I searched "Scientology" in Google News. The top item is an article from the BBC about this case. It says in part:

"France regards the organisation as a sect, and correspondents say it could be banned if it loses the case. It will be the first time the church has appeared as a defendant in a fraud case in France. Previous court cases have involved individual Scientologists."

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8066743.stm

Paul

3. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Boy, do I ever hope that they lose this case!!!!

4. 8-8008

Yes me too, I hope they will lose. Everything I read so far in the french newspaper seems that Scientology is not afraid to lose and even says that it will not lose. Anyway, this is hot now. Every major newspaper in France have the story or stuff on Scientology FRONT PAGE. Nice.

My interview I did last week, should come out too sooooooooon ! won't say when but when it does, I will post it. It is with a pseudo of course. Still new out here and don't want to get into the fair game yet. But soon the full story will come out. I am writing about it. 60 pages and more to come. !!!!!

5. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Thanks to Sponge on OCMB who put all these links together.http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=359714&sid=4a0980e622f0770e6c6a0a6d2f25ae96#359714

6. 8-8008

Thanks Free to Shine !!!

7. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Great news!

This story was featured on the BBC’s main teletext news pages and is one of the most read stories on their website. And the story on the website also has a link to: http://www.xenu-directory.net/

So whatever the result of this case, it’s all good publicity for those who oppose this cult’s manipulative practices.

Let’s hope that the prosecutors have learnt from previous cases and that they ensure that evidence doesn’t go ‘missing’ again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/452268.stm

Monday, September 20, 1999 Published at 10:27 GMT 11:27 UK

French Scientologists on trial for fraud

Seven members of the Church of Scientology have gone on trial in the French city of Marseille on charges of obtaining large sums of money by fraud from other followers of the Church.

The case has led to renewed calls for the banning of Scientology in France, which already figures on the country's official list of dangerous cults.

The trial attracted public attention after fifty boxes of evidence disappeared from the Marseille Prosecutor's office.

The Justice Minister said the loss of the files was simply a mistake, but it's the second time in recent years that evidence against Scientologists in France has disappeared.

And let’s hope that this is the first of many criminal cases against the ‘Church’ of Scientology. :thumbsup:

Axiom142

8. ILived1984!

ILived1984! Patron with Honors

Thanks for keeping us updated on this 8-8008.

Scientology not afraid to lose and saying it will not lose. Sounds like a staff briefing when they would tell us that Scientology has the tech and truth and will win agains the SPs! More like the CofS has money and lies which is why I think they ever had legal wins.

Yeah, post your interview!

9. 8-8008

:thumbsup: :clap: Yes Ilived1984. Your statement is right. I remember the briefing in the main mess in PAC. Fuck this, what a waste of time and giving us only the data they wanted us to hear about.

Well I am keeping track a bit of it. But you can also find the news on the net. This is everywhere, England, USA, France of course.....

:hifive:

10. xenusdad

xenusdad Patron with Honors

The End

It began in a French courtroom on 24 May 2009. Two months later France banned the co$ and so began the slow painful death of a money hungry psychotic and parastitic cult.
    As one country after another banned the evil scammers, vast sums of money were earned by their lawyers trying to fight their "good" fight, but alas it was in vain and the noose just kept on getting tighter.
    Eventually at the Battle of Hemet, the evil of $cientology was finally extinguished and the sigh of relief around the world was felt by the entire human race.
    The party was fantastic.
    I'm still hungover.
    :whistling:

11. ttamaad

ttamaad Silver Meritorious Patron

12. Martini

Martini Patron Meritorious

It is on the Yahoo front page - be sure to buzz it up and recommend it to push it even higher on the page. Check out the comments and leave one - one really sees the public opinion of Scn - no support at all.

The cult has already lost just by the amount of negative publicity this case has gathered.

From a legal perspective I would have to think the case with the woman who was fired has the strongest chance of victory for the plaintiff.

13. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

14. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

Hopefully this will be the tipping point.

Hubbard used to say that "bank follows the line of attack."

Well, I guess thst makes it ok to be real "banky" about the cult.

Hopefully other countries will follow this example and burn them.

Dart

15. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Here here to that Dart!

Enough really is enough of this insidious nonsense being inflicted upon the world. Really really enough is enough!

Go the French prosecution team. Bless you all and may you do your very best legal work. You have enormous support from the ex-scientologist community. Oh and here's hoping the damn evidence doesn't get "lost" this time. :yes:

16. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I think there's a cancerous little gnome in the desert this very moment having recurring nightmares about this case and the others beseiging His religious scam.

That makes me feel sooooooo good.:D

17. OliviaZero

OliviaZero Patron with Honors

Ahhh.....I love the smell of a fraud trial in the morning. I woke up to hearing the news on CNN this morning (they did a horrible 10-second summary of it, as they are wont to do, but I was glad it was on there at all). :happydance:

18. 8-8008

:happydance:
    Check this out. This is the story they have on the Express website. Interesting how the girl put it together but it seems ok to me. By the way this is the interview I got from her. She omitted stuff but the concept is there and not altered much. Of course, I used a fake name and she knows it. Basically stating that I was involved for a long time, used to be on the reg lines, regging, ripping off people, getting them into debts, taking their money for the church (AND NOT PROUD OF IT AT ALL ANYMORE), not having time off, being manipulated, all the time under pressure..... and that I am disaffected, and now going on with life...... Happy to have said it. :happydance: I told her I am writing my story with the full details and my real name...... she is very hot about this one. Not done yet and still a way to go. Here is the link. In french of course.:whistling:

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/so...-ancien-membre-de-la-scientologie_762883.html

:hifive: :party: :cheers: :write:

19. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

From WWP http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/french-trial-media-46255/4/

20. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

Hi Dart,

much as I would like this to be the beginning of the end of the cult in Europe, I doubt that will happen. There is mention that the Paris prosecutor wanted to drop the case. The case is continuing anyway but if the cult members are found guilty and the cult appeals then case against them then the case is almost certain to be dropped. You get these popularist things done in France to please the public but everyone knows that it will fail in the end. But do not be concerned. The stories coming out of the cult show it to be self-destructing quite nicely and it is only a matter of waiting and enjoying the show.