This was about 1990 I think, maybe 1989. The electric bill was so behind that the power company issued a warning that on a particular date the power would be shut off. The bill still wasn't paid on that date. I was told to not let the power company into the building. I was told to lock the doors. That, of course, didn't help, and eventually cost more to fix in many many ways. The power company opened the manhole in front of CLO EUS and dropped in with chainsaws and cut the cable coming into the building. OUT WENT THE LIGHTS! James Rogies (Estates Chief CLO EUS) went to a hardware store or rental company and got 2 generators. One they hauled up to the roof to power the top floors, the other I think they brought up to the side roof as I remember. They powered up the building for a few days, maybe a week until the bill got paid and the cable fixed. One side effect was that the generators didn't put out the right kind of power for the computer system in the closet. Thick black smoke was pouring out of the closet and into the hallway. Not quite a fire, it was found soon enough, but the power surge protector for the computer system was toast!