The E-meter Scam

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Etrawl, Oct 1, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

You are startung to get the utter hilarity of reading Mark A Baker posts.

It requires an empty bladder to read his stuff.

2. HoraciotheOT8

HoraciotheOT8 Patron with Honors

Close, again. And not bad, again. But its more like: Every Father want's his son to be more, and do more, and have more, than he himself was, or did, or had. It's a DNA thing. In Spirit and in Form.

And so Ron, considering all things, in a way, is proud of Davey.

On the other hand, mistakes have been made, by Davey. And Ron is well aware of them.

The true test of anything in this world is the test of time. Therefore, if Davey manages to pull it off ('it' being securing political control of just one country or one nation on this god-forsaken prison planet first called teegeeack, then called earth) Ron will be prouder than a father at the hospital of a new born babe. Named Davey.

The USA is looking promising. But it's best to just wait and see.

much love,
    Horacio

3. HoraciotheOT8

HoraciotheOT8 Patron with Honors

Nice. Clever. Well done. Using the 'study tech' definition in lieu of the practical one.

DB: 1
    Horacio: 0

much love,
    Horacio

4. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

No.

5. Demented LRH

Demented LRH Patron Meritorious

I have to add this -- only an idiot would not understand the basics of the theory of electrical measuring devices; that refers mostly to Hubbard, although some of his followers fall into this category as well.

6. Demented LRH

Oh my! I wish I have read this crap when I was a Scientologist!!

7. Demented LRH

Who said that Hubbard or someone close to him invented the e-meter?

"An E-meter is an electronic device used during Dianetics and Scientology auditing The device is a variation of a Wheatstone bridge, which measures electrical resistance and skin conductance. It is formally known as the Hubbard Electrometer, after the Church's founder"
    Wikipedia.

"A Wheatstone bridge is an electrical circuit used to measure an unknown electrical resistance by balancing two legs of a bridge circuit, one leg of which includes the unknown component. Its operation is similar to the original potentiometer."
    Wikipedia

"The Wheatstone bridge illustrates the concept of a difference measurement, which can be extremely accurate. Variations on the Wheatstone bridge can be used to measure capacitance, inductance, impedance and other quantities, such as the amount of combustible gases in a sample, with an explosimeter. The Kelvin bridge was specially adapted from the Wheatstone bridge for measuring very low resistances. In many cases, the significance of measuring the unknown resistance is related to measuring the impact of some physical phenomenon (such as force, temperature, pressure, etc.)) which thereby allows the use of Wheatstone bridge in measuring those elements indirectly".
    Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatstone_bridge

===================

All devices with the Wheatstone bridge have numbers on their dials; these numbers represent the magnitudes of the quantities that they measure (electric currents, resistances, impedances, etc).

There are no numbers of the e-meter scale, which show that this is a defective device that was not calibrated. In other words, the e-meter's Wheatstone bridge is unbalanced, which makes it completely useless.

To make matters even worse, the F/N movement is not a characteristic of the Wheatstone bridge it makes impossible to determine the magnitude of the quality being measured.

8. onthepes

onthepes Patron with Honors

I DID read this crap as a Scientologist. I remember it well. Imagine pulling up to McDonald's Drivethrough: "Yeah, I'd like 15 pounds of Mental Image Pictures, 10 Pounds of incidents, and 5 pounds of earlier similars......with fries"

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

i was being "toungue in cheek". he explains to us all in great detail how
    an e-meter works or dosn't and he's never laid eyes on one.

10. Etrawl

Etrawl Patron

Son, it pains me to see how clouded your mind is. You are saying things that no one can understand. But I do not blame you for that: You got entangled in Hubbard’s web of lies. I want to set you free because you are dear to me.

You got too far on the Bridge to see the road in front of you clearly, but I want to save you from Hubbard’s deadly embrace. You see, all OT levels are just the illusions triggered by ill-fated attempts to remove the implants. Hubbard could not take care of his own implants, why would you think that he can help you deal with your implants?

All Hubbard was doing was spreading horrendous lies about me and the implants that my scientists developed under my guidance. I am the only person who can deactivate your implants, and I want you on my side.

My recruiting efforts are going well, I have recruited several members of this board. But you resists all my attempts to help you.

I am not just your rightful leader, I am also your priest. I want you to return to the ancient Marcab religion. We should worship God Metteyya together as we did in the past when you were my stepson. I remember our glorious past, but you do not because you chose Hubbard’s Tech and the Disloyal Officers over your former Marcab friends and associates.

I am the Savior of this planet and all Marcabian planets as well. I am also the High Priest.

Come to papa! We can do glorious things together!

Lord Zenu Etrawl of Galactic Confederacy.

11. dB8008'

dB8008' Patron

If you don't buy into the whole track, and past lives, and near infinite amounts of 'charge', it becomes like a game of fetch. A dog will run after a meaningless object because it enjoys running, and a PC will go earlier to find a hidden charge because it feels so good when charge is blown. Sometimes, stick in hand, you make the swing but don't let go of the stick. The dog runs away, but comes back with a rock or a different stick. WIN!! Good boy!!

I once used Paul's "Rub & Yawn" intro video to thrash apart some emotion that was very close to present time, and it surprised me with it's effectiveness. It left me blown out and floating on air for about 48 hours. Besides easing my mind, it gave me a taste of an amazing, unimpaired high. The feeling faded out, but it felt like the job had been done, and I wasn't too worried about trying to recapture it.

I think, like a powerful drug, this has good uses. In the case of a body injury, a dose of morphine relief might save somebody dying from shock. Where there's no injury, morphine can equal pleasure. After that, all kinds of imaginary pain might start appearing because it feels so good when the drug takes it away.

It's a weak analogy, but I don't want to chase any of those dragons. I've known people who can postulate emotional trauma, and they aren't happy.

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

:)

May I quote you?

Paul

13. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

So let's listen to LRH telling us how it reduces weight shall we?

14. dB8008'

dB8008' Patron

You are welcome to quote me.
    I'm going to PM you.

15. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Paul,

I'm surprised that this guy hasn't landed on your "ignore" list a long, long time ago!

16. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I'm thinking he's talking about divs and then if you consider divs/session valuable then they are integral to some sort of measuring and all that.

17. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Here's what the tech dictionary has to say:

CHARGE, 1 . harmful energy or force accumulated and stored within the reactive mind, resulting from the conflicts and unpleasant experiences that a person has had. Auditing discharges this charge so that it is no longer there to affect the
    individual. (Scn AD) 2 . the electrical impulse on the case that activates the meter. (HCOB 27 May 70) 3 . stored energy or stored recreatable potentials of energy. (HCOB 8 Jun 63) 4 . the stored quantities of energy in the time track. It is the sole thing that is being relieved or removed by the auditor from the time track. (HCOB 13 Apr 64, Scn VIPart One Tone Arm Action) 5 . emotional charge or energy. (NSOL, p. 29) 6 . the accumulation of entheta in locks and secondaries which charges up the engrams and gives them their force to aberrate. (SOS Gloss) 7 . by charge is meant anger, fear, grief, or apathy contained as misemotion in the case. (SOS, p. 108) See also CHRONIC CHARGE.

CHRONIC CHARGE
    , the impulse to withdraw from that which can’t be withdrawn from or to approach that which can’t be approached, and this, like a two pole battery, generates current. This constantly generated current is chronic charge. (HCOB 15 May 63)

MASS (IN THE GPM), 1. when we say mass we mean mass. It’s electronic standing waves actually, and they usually appear black to the pc and these become visible. (SH Spec 96, 6112C21) 2 . no more and no less than a confusion of
    mismanaged communication. (Dn 55 .!, p. 65)

MASSES, masses are masses and they are not by the way particles unless you consider particles as a subdivisible singular. Masses are something that are shed from a thetan by mock-up and particles are something that are shed from masses. That’s usually the way we find things. (17 ACC-5, 5703PM01)

In addition I believe it is in Fundamentals of Thought where Hubbard asserts that with thought alone an individual's weight was altered by as much as thirty pounds.

Presumably this was done with Havingness Processes or Mock Up processing or something and should be relatively easy to replicate given it were true.

Hubbard meant mass to be mass in the classical sense...it was measurable and had definable weight even if subtle as it was mentioned along with the measuring of people at death to see if the soul had weight and the corresponding figure of 21 grams.

The reason for this weight is the mental image mass accompanying the being and NOT the weight of the being itself as it is a static that has no mass, no weight, no location, no wavelength, etc.

Someone, I think Adam####, mentioned valence for the father remembering the uncle's incident. This would fit Scientology doctrine fine and correctly because the idea of the thetan having weight is related to the thetan being out of valence, blah, blah, blather, babble.

The idea from Mark Baker that the mass means emotional weight is inaccurate...the mass has physical weight.

18. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

As to my last post...what he said!

19. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I remember a lecture where he talked about this. I had made the same assumption as you. In the lecture he said this process occurred over a time period of *weeks.* He didn't mention any other possible reasons for the weight to go up and down!

Here is the original 1907 write-up: http://www.ghostweb.com/soul.html. I didn't bother to link to articles poo-poohing it, which some may prefer. :)

Static and thetan are not synonymous in Scientology. The thetan runs the body in the Hubbaverse, not a static, complete with electronic anchor points and other exotica.

Paul

20. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Here's from the Tech Dictionary again and I'm using definitions two, four and ten:

THETAN, 1. the living unit we call, in Scn, a thetan, that being taken from the Greek letter theta, the mathematic symbol used in Scn to indicate the source of life and life itself. (Abil Ma 1) 2 . the awareness of awareness unit which has all potentialities but no mass, no wave-length and no location. (HCOB 3 Jul 59) 3 . the being who is the individual and who handles and lives in the body. (HCOB 23 Apr 69) 4 . (spirit) is described in Scn as having no mass, no wave-length, no energy and no time or location in space except by consideration or postulate. The spirit is not a thing. It is the creator of things. (FOT, p. 55) 5 . the personality and beingness which actually is the individual and is aware of being aware and is ordinarily and normally the “person” and who the individual thinks he is. The thetan is immortal and is possessed of capabilities well in excess of those hitherto predicted for man. (Scn 8-8008, p. 9) 6 . the name given to the life source. It is the individual, the being, the personality, the knowingness of the human being. (Scn 8-80, p. 46) 7 . energyspace production unit. (COHA, p. 247) 8 . in the final analysis what is this thing called thetan? It is simply you before you mocked yourself up and that is the handiest definition I know of. (5608C——) 9 . the person himself—not his body or his name, the physical universe, his mind, or anything else; that which is aware of being aware; the identity which is the individual. The thetan is most familiar to one and all as you. (Aud 25 UK) 1 0 . a static that can consider, and can produce space and energy and objects . (PXL, p . 121 )

At any rate we agree...Hubbard definitely meant mass to mean weighable, measurable matter.