The Event

Discussion in 'Leaks - Emails, Promo, Insider Info' started by Telepathetic, Mar 22, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Telepathetic

Telepathetic Gold Meritorious Patron

Last night I went to the LRH birthday event,when I got home I wrote down as many details as I could remember.

During the thing,I was actually having difficulty understanding some of what was being said. Could it be that I'm forgetting Scio. speak? Was it ever meant to be really understood? I noticed for the first time, how fast they tend to speak at those events.It allows one no time to digest the information being given. I wonder..?

I missed the first part of the event but was told later that it showed thousands of Way to Happiness booklets being passed out by the police in Colombia. The staff were later talking amongst themselves about the big impact this would have on that "out ethics"country.

When I arrived the LRH biographer( does anyone know this guy's name) was talking about LRH's management skill and genius. There are also some excerpts from the ol' man himself denigrating all those who had ever been executives in the "Church" and even a few of his assistants and secretaries from the early day who had caused him so much woe and sorrow because of their incompetence . This was not only extremely boring but extremely annoying. The biographer and then the excerpts from LRH go on an on about his military history and his management skills;on and on it goes,it is nauseating. You hear LRH wondering how Boeing can keep an airplane in the air.How can companies survive when they are so ..? Apparently nothing was organized or managed correctly till LRH arrived here on planet earth.

Next comes Little Nap. His voice seemed hoarse;I wonder why? He starts talking about the "ideal orgs." There were 7(or was it 9?) before and 2 more that just got completed. The Don Pardo voice toggles back and forth with DM's.You who have been to events know what I mean.Over an hour of endless data regarding these buildings. The two new "Ideal Orgs"made were Sweden the other one was Nashville Tennessee(Celebrity Center). David Caradin was shown playing guitar.Is he a Clam now?

Guillaume L. introduces the winning orgs--The Birthday Game winners:In the Mission category--Los Felix, Class V Org. category--Tokyo, CLO category--West US.
    By the way he was the only Int Exec.there. He looked gaunt and tired.

The Fort Harrison Hotel just got finished being remodeled.I forgot exactly what was said on how many men hours were spent in refurbishing it.Hundreds of thousands or millions. I wonder how much money was spent also? This was not mentioned. Not mentioned either was the Super Power Building or the Freewinds.

An architect or a real estate agent would have truly enjoyed this event.

I found it interesting that very little regarding the stats was mentioned. You guys remember the "good ol' days" when you'd hear about Flag making millions of dollars and lots of Clears,OTs and Auditors,right? Not this time,it was basically about the buildings.Some mathematical equation was thrown in attempting to explain how by having these Ideal Orgs you would eventually have two million members...I just didn't get it but I really was too... I'm at a loss for words here.

I thought I would have a fun time telling you guys how my night went but, to tell the truth, I don't feel all that great right now.I met family and friends there and we hugged and talked and all were really happy that I had attended; it broke my heart.

I was asked on about three different occasions how I liked the event and each time I said "Honestly, I do like events,I never have." I did this with a smile and truly trying not to antagonize these individuals.They seemed to accept what I said and nothing more was mentioned.It felt so good not to have to lie or pretend,something which becomes so much a part of you when you're in.

But there are always a few hard core FANATICS and I ran into two of these. One wanted me to donate to the building fund. I said no.This person attempted to "handle" me, saying that he did not know what the definition of "no." was. I just looked at him smiled and walked away.He didn't persist. The other person wanted me to donate to the IAS. I just said,"Not interested,I'm...." I wish I would have had a camera and taken a picture of his face.He persisted for a while but finally gave up. I'm sure I'll have a "KR" in my ethics file tomorrow.

One forgets how many good people there are in the "church" though. How many are giving up their dreams and comfort to be there. Seeing this I get both very angry and sad.

This is a dry,boring report, I know, but like I said before I found nothing to joke or laugh about. It's easy being a critic from afar. When you see the actual human beings involved in that trap,the perspective changes.

Any connection to this "church" causes one to have no sense and no humor.

TP

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you for attending and reporting.

TP, I totally understand...and there is no appropriate smilie to add.

Love, EP

3. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

thanks for that report.
    I did wonder if anbody 'in good standing' had visited any events.
    Isnt it possible to film?

I know the feeling you describe toward the end of your report.
    Sometimes I feel very optimistic when seeing the protests and videos, but sometimes you get a glimpse from the inside and its like they have no idea of whats going on on the outside, and if you know people 'in' it kind of makes you sad that they are wasting their lives as we once were.

We should all do our bit in getting out the word that poeple need to look on the internet and view both sides.

4. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi TP, I've been anxiously awaiting your report. I wasn't expecting the response (the sadness, seriousness) but when I was reading it, it made me cry, because I know my response would have been the same as yours, when faced with the reality of what the COS does to people.

Actually TP, it's more effective this way than if there has been a lot of making fun and derision in your tone. The fact is that Scientology hurts people, and you were in a position to come face to face with that. I think making fun of the COS (though therapeutic) doesn't change the fact that peoples' lives are being ruined.

It's good to be brought back to the core problem. There is a human toll to the COS.

Thanks for going and for your report. It was sobering and thought provoking.

-TL

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Thanks for the update, TP.
    I know how hard it can be to see it all up close and personal again, all those wonderful people still caught in the trap.
    You did good. :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  6. Telepathetic

Thank you. It helps to share this with you guys.

TP

7. Telepathetic

I am sure it would have been possible but I don't think I would have had the nerve to do it.

Yes, we need to get the real information out. If only they had this and were able to then make up their own minds, I would feel OK about those who,in spite of knowing the truth, would remain in the "church."

TP

8. Telepathetic

Thanks for your comments TL. I am so glad people like you are here and understand,really understand.

TP

9. Telepathetic

Thanks Panda.

10. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

missed it

owwwww, my hands hurt from clapping restim. I actually wanted to go, but my son refused to let me on the computer so I could find out the details. Guess I didn't miss much.....aaaarh, so no more HE graphs? Even us devoted culties were bored by them...

11. Telepathetic

:D Funny that you mention the "clapping!" Except for a few diehards, there was,supprisingly enough,not much of that thunderous "clapping" or the" standing up and three cheers for..." that we are accustomed to in events. THANK GOD FOR THAT:D

I took that as a good omen.

TP

12. Tiger Lily

This is extremely telling. My memories of Birthday events were of horses running and ushering in graphs of every org, every area, with stats in affluence. Long applauses. A "look at us impinging on the planet" attitude. And now they're talking about buildings. . . . I have a feeling it won't be too long.

They didn't mention Superpower building?. . . .is it even open yet?

-TL

13. Tiger Lily

Hey, what was the big "blow away" that was promised?

-TL

14. Tim Skog

Tim Skog Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks for your report TP. I wonder how many others who attended that event found it as depressing as you did? I wouldn't be surprised to learn if there were a lot of smiling faces at the event that weren't so smiling on the inside.

15. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Borrowed from another thread...

Carmel posted recently on another thread, and it struck a chord with me as I was looking at this one. The portion I bolded, below, is so true for me too - I so thoroughly imbued Scientology with the "better angels" of my being, and had such high hopes and aspirations for the betterment of all life and existence...

"Failed purposes"...not to be "rekindled" - all chimera (A frightful, vain, or foolish fancy. per Webster's New Collegiate) :bigcry:

I do not yet have the "guts" to do what you did by attending that event, TP. I freely admit that and both admire and congratulate you with all my heart.

EP

Carmel wrote:

"People in the CofS did many things to me over the years, but that's not why I left.

I saw people in the CofS doing many things to others, but that's not why I left either.

I left when my dream or hope or mock up or illusion of what I thought it should be or could be, got destroyed."

end quote....

16. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Oh TP. I am so glad to hear from you. Of course it should be no surprise that it wasn't Lulzy. I mean these were your people, and still are to a great degree.

I am still glad you went. Not because of the information you got for us as an ESMB spy, but because of what you experienced. Even though it wasn't pleasant, you learned more about your own truth.

When I met with the OT ambassadors, I was nervous. I felt like I should be drilled and scripted. (like we used to be when we were in) But I just met with them and spoke from my own viewpoint while trying to respect theirs. Like you afterward I felt sad. Sad for them. Sorry for not being completely forthcoming. Amazed at their complete sincerity.

Perhaps we can do our own version of "Can We Ever be Friends?" That is how I actually feel. Can I say what I really experienced without worrying about PR and security violations? Can I change my mind on my own determinism? Can I expect a reasonable amount of privacy about my finances, my health care decisions, and my alliances?

Hang in there TP. You really are loved....on both sides of the invisible fence.

GT

17. Telepathetic

Tiger Lily,

They did have a little section about (339R?) the Birthday Game but I didn't see much regarding stats. I remember in the old days that "student Points,""GI" and "WDAH" very important stats. None of these,per my recollection, were mentioned.

I agree,this says a lot. Refurbished and newly bought buildings seems to be the new road to spiritual freedom.:wink2: No the SP( pun intended) building was not mentioned,just the Fort Harrison Hotel,oh, and the Sand Castel also.

TP

18. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

How about the NEW RELEASE!!!, TP? Anything more said about that than has appeared here?

Paul

19. Alanzo

Alanzo Downstat DB

TP wrote:

I know what you mean.

Don't lose that perspective because that is a very important part of the truth which should never be forgotten by anyone.

20. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron