What's new

The Great Escape

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
There was a young girl from Joburg org there at the same time, she was only 16 years old. Guess what? They checked her socks, :roflmao:, she was wearing Winne the Pooh socks. She was told that she was not to wear them again whilst on the base as they were not suitable for a trainee auditor to be wearing. She was telling me about this the day it happened to her so I pulled up my trousers and showed her my Halloween socks and at first her jaw dropped open and nearly hit the floor, but then both of us were :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao:

Reminds me of the time I got sent to the principals office at school for wearing my multi coloured striped socks instead of the boring plain white ones. :naughty:

I escaped punishment from the principal because I told him my Mum didn't have time to do the washing that week due to her work commitments at the school.:naughty::naughty:

Needless to say I was paranoid :nailbiting: that the principal may talk to my Mum in the office next door but fortunately he didn't and I escaped the potential of a :smack:.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:

Nicole

REVOLUTION SOCKS
6a010535ba2f8f970b010536a6bdad970c-800wi

TG1

Angelic Poster
Sorry to derail the thread, Miss Pert (great story, btw), but I know nothing about this clothing nazi stuff at Flag or anywhere else.

Is there really a policy about how you dress at Flag, seriously? If so, does it apply to all public or only to OOTs?

How do they get away with ...

Never mind. :duh:

TG1

Miss Pert

Sorry to derail the thread, Miss Pert (great story, btw), but I know nothing about this clothing nazi stuff at Flag or anywhere else.

Is there really a policy about how you dress at Flag, seriously? If so, does it apply to all public or only to OOTs?

TG1

No TG1 it's mostly only OOTs and crew that underwent dress inspection, we were expected to look like execs in the wog world. I did hear of a case where a public showed up in the course room in a jumper that had a design on it that looked like someone had splashed it with paint and he was asked not to wear it again. :duh: :duh: :duh:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

TG1

At the GAT release at FSO in 1996, all the Senior C/Ses from around the planet HAD to have a clothing/grooming inspection before being allowed into the presence of His Holiness.

Haircuts were mandatory if the teenage fashion police present decided so, as were changes of clothes.

It was similar at ITO (in LA) during the KTL evolution in 1990 - Tom Cruise was walked through that by Ray Mithoff.

It was there in 1987/88 when I trained at FSO but it got more fascist as the years wore on and DM became more "involved."

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I noticed that the only date listed in your story was 2009. I went to Tampa in 2009 because my wife was looking to get a specialty back operation at a clinic there. We flew and rented a car down there and were staying at a hotel in Tampa. It turned out that she wasn't a good candidate for the surgery, but we had a day to spend down there as a vacation day before heading back to St. Louis, so, one of the things that I HAD to do was drive into Clearwater and see the Flagging Clam Base.

Mainly, IT WAS ABOUT AS DEAD AS A BAG OF HAMMERS. It seemed that there wasn't much of anything going on. There were occaisional busses with clams, and a few sea ogres walking around. The wife got upset when I was, in her mind, staring at this one gal in a sea ogre outfit ... no jacket, no cap, but obviously a uniform, with a light blue shirt. I guess the gal was too young with boobs too perky or something ... but no, it was more just trying to take in what was going on there. This was AFTER the famous series in the then SP times, now the Tampa Bay times.

Anyways, bottom line ... as far as what I observed, the main things that stood out were the lack of activity and the unfinished building that is supposed to be for soooper power. I imagine that things have only gotten worse down there from the clam point of view ... fewer people, less activity. As far as those who actually made it to Flag ... on the one hand, I admire the ability to stick with the program no matter what to chase that elusive goal of oatee. Relatively early on in the game it was simply too much bullshit to put up with. I started in late summer 74 at the SanFran org, was onlines for 6 months, went out of the area due to having orders to go to Idaho for training (Navy nuke program), came back for 3 expensives of auditing, and went to Groton CT. Was in and out of port constantly, time was limited ... but even after my first trip to ethics for an ass chewing in late 77 at the Connecticut missions, I was somewhat ARC broken. It was horseshit, but, I knew better than to argue since the c**t who did the ethics there ALWAYS got the last word, so why make it worse. 78 was a year of mainly being out to sea including a deployment, and I was out of the area for 6 months in 79. By the time that I got back to Groton, things had changed, I really had no desire to be at the mission and was just going thru motions. I say all of that just to say that I really didn't spend all that much time actually doing Scientology before I was disenchanted. So again, I admire the persistence of those who were willing to endure all manner of hardships to chase the Scilon dream.

ON THE OTHER HAND ... I am amazed that anyone would stay for any length of time, especially since the internet started coming into its own, which I would put at, say, 2001 or thereabouts when broadband started becoming more common, people started leaving in droves, the Xenu story became widely known, and, of course, Anonymous. And those who are still in now are generally not those recently recruited because there virtually is no such thing these days. So those who are still in would have had to either ignore or buy into the ever changing alibi stories for every new flap, every new re-release of the same old horseshit, etc.

Pete

Miss Pert

I noticed that the only date listed in your story was 2009.

That's because 2009 is when I blew. I was in as public from around 93/94 then joined staff and was sent to Flag in 2007. As for sticking with it, my friend/boss thought I was very computer savvy, which I was compared to her, but compared to most people I wasn't and the internet was something I rarely used at all until just before I left. Even then it wasn't to learn more about what was happening, that didn't happen until after I actually left, so the internet wasn't even a factor in my departure. I'm an addict now though. :D