THE MUMMY - the upcoming TC vehicle -- anyone notice...

Discussion in 'Scientology Celebrities' started by whoisxenu, Jun 3, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. whoisxenu

whoisxenu Patron with Honors

the advertising (billboards, etc.) do not feature Tom Cruise? I suspect he's still big in Europe and for that campaign they will feature him, but for the US - it's the mysterious posters with no cast names - just THE MUMMY!:nervous:

2. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

SHAME on Tom Cruise for "making movies" when there is a fucking Planet to CLEAR.:eyeroll:

What a Fucking Dilettante!

FUCK!

3. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Everyone who goes to see that movie will be counted in the next membership stats!! TC is the most dedicated scientologist I know!!!!

:hysterical:

4. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Given his assertion that Scientologists are the only ones who can help at the scene of an accident I think he should (on his next appearance on Oprah) DEMAND that all ambulances carry at least one Scientologist on each of their calls, and jump on her couch to show he's passionate about it.

5. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

My local news feed is saying TC is now talking about Top Gun #2.

But mostly saying "There's gonna be jets!"

Well, duh, no shit? Would never have figured that out Tom, Thanks for the valuable info.

Anyway, some wag posted in the comments section (not very nicely though):

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainm...be-jets”/ar-BBBQJ6d?li=AA59yp&ocid=spartanntp

6. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    The other summer blockbuster
    does feature TC on the poster . . .

TheCultie.jpg
    :wink2:

7. whoisxenu

whoisxenu Patron with Honors

What would blow my mind...

is if TC does a guest shot on THE UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT@!

8. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

GASP

Love the sea org wreath on the building. :)

9. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Cruise lays an egg with The Mummy.

The first week's reviews are in and The Mummy has achieved what few films have in recent memory.

It has achieved 16% on the tomatometer at Rottentomatoes.com.

In contrast, the mega-flop Battlefield Earth earned an almost unheard of 3%.

Read about the worlds best OT career tailspin here: Tom Cruise Career Meltdown

10. Type4_PTS

I'm surprised Battlefield Earth even got 3%. Unless those individuals giving that movie a positive rating were Scientologists, WTF were they thinking??

11. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

"But during “The Mummy,” I kept looking at Cruise and having a strange sensation, which is that the emotion those familiar features seemed to be radiating was, in a word, confusion. Throughout the movie, he looked a little slack and a little blank, a little what-the-heck-is-going-on?"

It gets worse...

12. TexasLurker

TexasLurker Patron

My other half liked that movie, and is not even a scientologist or ex! :eyeroll:

13. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

Variety: Inside ‘The Mummy’s’ Troubles: Tom Cruise Had Excessive Control (EXCLUSIVE)

I suspect that it wasn't TC who was exercising excessive control over aspects where he was unqualified to have an opinion, I'm thinking that Demented Midget decided to try his hand again in having influence over a major picture (not having learned his lesson from Battlefield Earth)

14. Leland

Leland Crusader

I guess Tom and or DM didn't quite cover all the film's pre-release marketing....

I saw this in the grocery store recently...

[​IMG]

15. Type4_PTS

Yes, I'm sure a small percentage of people like any movie that's ever been produced. But Battlefield Earth certainly earned its awards for one of the worst movies ever. :yes:

Some of the reviews were quite entertaining to read though. :biggrin:

Such as this one from Nathan Rabin - AV Club

16. Type4_PTS

Despite the close relationship TC and DM have, I doubt that even a fanatic like TC would take advice from DM on making a movie after the Battlefield Earth fiasco (which DM micromanaged).

17. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

"Real quotes. Real critics. Really bad movies..."

From a funny movie-trailer spoof website boasting:

"...if the worst reviews
    of THE MUMMY
    appeared in it's trailer
    "

[video=youtube;IorpUbCgkm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IorpUbCgkm4&ab_channel=ScreenCrush[/video]​

18. TexasLurker

TexasLurker Patron

I love a great bad review. Here's Ebert on BE:

Battlefield Earth is like taking a bus trip with someone who has needed a bath for a long time. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way." — Roger Ebert

And another gem:

"(The Spice Girls) occupy 'Spice World' as if they were watching it."

TC does seem to value only his movie career above his Scientology career.

19. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

There is such a thing like having a heart for flops. I confess I am a flopophile, and have assorted flops in my collection, which I bought specifically for their flopomatic qualities. "Battlefield Earth" is not amongst them, but I watched it out of curiosity. :coolwink:

The flopological scale (not to be applied to independent and art movies, which are flopomatic on purpose and specifically devised by and for flopophiles and philosophy students, to feel special):

1) "There is nothing good about this movie, and that includes all possible parallel universes, and all possible changes of director / script / actors / camera / effects and whatever else. Nothing could have saved this movie. I am watching it as my duty as flopophile."
    2) "This movie might have been good if it were pretty much entirely another movie."
    3) "This movie would have been good with another director / script / actor / camera / effects (or whatever else that stood out as gross)."
    4) "This movie has its good sides that make it a not-entirely-flopomatic movie."
    5) "This movie is only flopomatic because it is old, and those drugs let me see clearly how it was lovable with the mindset from back then."
    6) "Oh I see. This movie is condemned to flop now but it will be considered brilliant in the future, and everyone who doesn't like it, will be ruthlessly shunned by intellectuals."
    7) "This movie is decent. It is not brilliant, or masterful, or slick, but it is okay. And it will flop because people are spoiled and because there are many better movies around at the same time. Meh!"
    8) "WTF why did they thrash talk about it? This movie is actually pretty good!"
    9) "Damn it looks like I am the only one who sees that this movie is fantastic! It made me feel special, and for that I love it!"
    10) "I conclude that this movie is actually flopomatic on purpose and a work of art."

:biggrin:

20. Awesome Rob

Awesome Rob Patron