The PASSPORT Up The Bridge to Freedom

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Mrs Pattycake, Mar 8, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mrs Pattycake

Mrs Pattycake Patron with Honors

A few months ago I packed up all my Scientology materials and put them in the back barn with the rats and bugs. All 13 boxes of them !!!

It was such a relief to have all of that out of my space so I could start my new life. Suddenly I found I had tonnes of storage space - for the few non- scio objects that I had managed to purchase over the years !

Yesterday as I was re organising my bookcase I found a little gem that I had overlooked in my initial clean out !

The official Scientology :

"PASSPORT Up The Bridge to Freedom"

Do you remember this ? It made me laugh so much I thought I'd share it with you.

Firstly, it is small and shaped like an actual passport but many more pages. Mine has AOANZO 6054 cut out in little dots across the top.

On the inside cover it states :

This passport does not displace a national passport where required - really !!! :duh:

It has spaces for me to fill in my details including my clear number & my IAS number.

It states that it entitles the bearer to Standard Tech - perhaps that is what went wrong - I forgot to present my passport whilst at Flag :melodramatic:

On the next pages it has a WARNING :

Only officially appointed Regs or authorised officials are permitted to write in or make entries or stamp this passport - it becomes invalid if unauthorized entries are made :ohmy:
    Any entry in it is not effective until it is properly validated by a qualified and official Org Examiner :melodramatic:
    ( gosh I thought did anyone do any of this ??? - I wonder if the examiners stats were down and this was a handling ??? )

You then have place for a photo ( yep thats right a photo ! WTF ? )

Then on the next page it has a notice explaining :

That no one else but you can use the passport but that it is valid for an unlimited number of lifetimes !!! ( Oh ... I get it - so you don't have to do the same services over and over !!! :yes: )

Then it lists all the LRH books - you are supposed to get these officially stamped once you have read them. Has anyone ever heard of the book "Control & Mechanics of SCS" ?:confused2:

There is space for all the tech volumes (including some lines for additional new volumes ... as they are released I suppose :whistling: )

There is also the Organisational series, LRH EDs, Chronological Policy Volumes and one hundred and two R&D volumes !!! As well as another 22 lines for additional LRH books ( yet to be written ??? ):omg:

Next is the lectures - there is a quote "they are the ONLY record of all advances which made possible the handling of the human mind".

Well there are heaps and heaps of these that I had never heard of - but then again I was never a big lecture fan .But some of the titles are interesting enough.

Included in the list of Classic lectures, Ron's Journals, ACCs, Congresses, Technical Training Series, there is strangely enough only one music album "The Road to Freedom" :omg: :omg: I think there is some lost tech right there - I know for a fact that there was more than one music album recorded - which evil SP left the others off this list !!! :angry:

Next are the films here the quote says ; " films are a gold mine of technical data and in the case of public films a magic wand to create public interest and revitalisation"
    So what is going on here :confused2: Public are not flooding in because these masterpieces are not being shown ! ( I can clearly remember being so embarassed when it was time for my selectees to view an LRH public film :duh: )

Once again there are heaps and heaps that I have never seen nor heard for example :Birth, Raising the Baby, and The Child ( all of which you might of thought I would of been invited to watch since I was pregnant twice whilst on OTVII ) Or what about ; Advice to Persons Being Audited, Operating Thetan, or Influencing the Planet ( since I was on the upper most levels trying to achieve these lofty states of an all influencing OT ) :no:

The next section is the Basic services - once again loads of little courses that I have never heard of, but then we get to the actual Bridge Grade Chart.

Now of great interest to me was page for Solo Nots ... it only has 5 lines for Bi annual checks whilst on New OTVII - that means it is supposed to be finished in 2.5 years !!!
    :omg:

Fuck it :angry: Why didn't some "official" at Flag point this out and tell me to bring my passport - so that I could be signed off - I was left on it for nearly 12 years !!!
    :duh: :duh: :duh: Stupid me letting my passport get lost on the bookshelf like that !!!

And by the way in the whole 12 years on the level I never once heard of the 6 month check or the "refresher" refered to as a Bi annual check - very odd me thinks !

Anyway the passport goes all the way up to OTXV - interestingly after OTVIII there are no more eligibility check spaces - so I guess the EP of OTVIII is the end of elig sec checks ??? :happydance: :happydance:

Then is the training section from student hat up to Class XII C/S and Flag Dean of Technology. It states that these higher levels are available to Sea Org members only - but fails to mention this involves signing a billion year enslavement contact where you get to work 80 + hours a week for virtually no pay !:no:

Finally you get to the 3rd and 4th Dynamic participation section. Here you get signed off for all the public you selected for their first service, all the staff posts you have held and the ultimate - the date you joined the Sea Org. :nervous:

Of some use are the few pages for you to record your commendations and awards ( could come in handy when routed to the ethics officer:nervous: ) and a few more pages to record which Orgs you have been to so your folders can be traced.

On the closing pages are this

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Duration of Validity Of Passport

This passport is valid for the duration of this universe.

Loss or Damage of Passport

Basically it says a new one can be issued for a validation fee :omg: yep ... that is right if you damage or loose this passport any time in the duration of this universe the Church will happily replace it for a "small fee" :thumbsup:

If Travelling In Enturbulated Spaces

A bit of travel advice here ... If travelling in enturbulated spaces or in the company of Suppressives it is important to keep in good comm with your HAS, EO or MAA .:duh:

The final LRH quote a classic :

" You won't always be here.
    But before you go,
    Whisper this to your sons
    And their sons -
    'The work was free. Keep it so' ".

UMMMmmm - excuse me but did some one say FREE ??? :confused2:

So as I was laughing my way through this I mentioned to hubbie who would honestly have gone and got this all filled in - he told me sadly that one of our previously close friends a class VIII , OTVIII expanded ( for the 3rd time ) got his passport all filled out when he was last at Flag. :omg: :omg:

Seems that status, not results, is more important to some.:yes:

Hope you had a giggle too !:yes: :yes: :yes:

2. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Core blimey! :eyeroll: Yep, I had some giggles, in amongst some pukes - forgot what was in that bloody thing. What a hoot! :roflmao:

3. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Alright Mrs. Pattycake now you're bringing back MORE humiliating memories. Hubby and I were also the recipients of the "passports to total embarrassement".

Unfortunatly, we can't find 'em and have since gone back to reality!!! When I think of the cornball stuff we fell for.............

Oh, and by the way, would you like my wedding gift since you're packing away junk? We were in at the time and one of our friends gave us a pretty mirror with the little tone 40 yellow blob guy painted in the corner!!! How proud we were to display that little gem.........

4. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Damn it! I do remember these sad passports!

Like you Mrs P. the shed (barn in your instance) is now the home of all the books/tapes that infected my life. The "passport to eternal debt" is out there with the cockroaches.

5. Good twin

Good twin Floater

I have a copy of "Control and the Mechanics of SCS" around here somewhere..... I really need to have a bonfire. I'm just completely overwhelmed. Tomorrow I start packing. Unless.......I find something easier to face. :whistling:

6. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Me too. There are several small booklets of this nature, such as the above and Advanced Procedures & Axioms etc.

I also have my Passport; fully filled out, stamped, verified and full of "wonderful" information. If I ever forget when I did a certain Grade, Level, action, reading etc I can always look in the passport!

Mrs P, your info on the # of Bi-annual checks is correct but I don't think that's really a valid indicator of intent, look at how many spaces are allocated to Commendations and you'll see what I mean. The Official Passport Dude just adds stick-on white pages to your Passport as you go so it gets thicker and clumsier as time progresses.

I wonder if I'm the only person here who has a fully filled out and "valid" Passport?

I plan on giving it to a newly captured scn'ist once the CofS gets so big that they can't easily keep track of everyone. It'll save the newbie from having to actually do the Bridge. Good deed! :D

7. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Great post, Mrs. Pattycake.

I remember having a passport. But I don't think any part of it was ever filled in. Oh well.

Just about every thing Scn got thrown in the garbage when we moved last year. Husband only kept stuff from before 1980 or 1982. Now, if he'd just find a place to put it, besides the corner of our office. LOL!!!

8. airhead

airhead Patron with Honors

Oh, nooooooo!

I was on one of the several marketing teams that tried to popularize the Passport. It was an idea from LRH, and one cannot write back and say, "Sir, the public just don't seem to want it.":bigcry:

How funny that, after all these years, I'm running into people who are OUT of Scientology who actually had or used an Scn passport... :happydance: (giggles insanely)

9. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Ahem!

ESMB has it's very own passport too ya know!!

[​IMG]

Yes it looks a LOT like a Scn passport, but we are selling STATUS, real status, so don't let yourselves get confused! :p

10. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

^^^LOL, this one looks more like it might be of use!^^^

11. sallydannce

Well thanks for not letting me know about this sooner Emma. The hurt I am feeling right now is indescribable.

Please PM me order form ASAP.

Man this is EXACTLY what I have been looking for in life...

12. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

This passport entitles you to take back your user name and post count next lifetime.

It is personally stamped by me and costs a measly USD $999.99.

I hope have ordered enough of them. :duh:

13. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

For a mere $19.99 you can be Zinjifar in your next life. Sure, I'll sell it to thousands of people, but, the first person to send me $1,999,999 in the next life will get the instructions about eliminating the competing 'entities'.

Zinj

14. sallydannce

Gosh I hope you have ordered enough too.

These are spectacular! Fantastic! It will increase my speed up the bridge to total status! It will bring me great pride to own one. I don't want to miss out on this incredible opportunity.

Signing application form now...here's my credit card number...

15. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I sold a bunch of those passports when they first came out. They were numbered AOSHUK000001, 2 etc. So I grabbed #1 for myself and sold several of the low numbers. Sold as in promised the numbers as the actual books hadn't arrived yet. Since I was the FBO I was in a good position to guarantee they would get the items as promised.

Then I got the Clear Log book from the Qual filing cabinet, noted down some Clear numbers, and sold another bunch on the basis of, "Hi, would you like to own passport number 43? :)" when the guy's Clear number was 43.

I even asked David Mayo when he was walking out of the Felbridge hotel after an event. He laughed and said "as you wish", which floored me as it was a great no-answer and it meant he wasn't going to pay for it. He didn't get one.

Then it was about a year before the damn passports were delivered by Pubs. I made sure everyone got what they had ordered, if they hadn't cancelled the order in disgust because of the delay. Because of the delay all the oomph had gone out of the idea and no-one really used them at all. Then a few years later they redid the whole programme with new numbers and my old #1 passport was no good (I'd gone to LA and left it behind by then anyway).

I do have one still. Number ITO00006783 or something. It's not quite as memorable.

Paul

16. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Wouldn't an actual numbered list of 'Clears' be interesting?

What is it now; 90% suppressive?

Zinj

17. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I thought those "passports" were recalled. People asked to give them back (by the GO) Have I got that wrong?

If it's right? why? Is it ILLEGAL to issue anyone with anything labelled Passport especially in real passport format.. Yes I know a quick inspection will show it's not intended to be a real passport, but there may be reasons not to issue things, that look too much like the real deal.

I think "Hymn of Asia" got recalled too- GO initiative.

Ps. Wasn't it originally called "passport to Freedom" (Could have sold it to non English speaking refugees)

18. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

One thing's for sure; Hymn Is alive and well and recently re-issued as a combo CD/Newly watered colored illustrations for the space-agey reading of Ron's Poetry challenged 20 year Scientology veterans. Both the watercolors and the new age audio-in-the-car version deliver.

Of course, *what* they deliver may depend on what you ordered. Or not.

Zinj

19. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Well, I am sure there were whisperings about something in the original HOA
    that was a little not right. Don't know what it was.

20. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Well I had a pasport and got lots of it filled out with all the books, courses etc. that I'd done.

Got it signed off by Qual as I was on Qual staff so that part was dead easy.

Dunno if I still have it around anywhere close - must see if it's here or still in storage somewhere.

So Panda it looks like it's just you and me from ANZO who actually did something with those things - I can't recall anyone else ever coming into Syd F Qual to get theirs filled out. :D