The Rehabilitation Project Force or RPF

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Bea Kiddo, Oct 23, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Tommy Davis has no clue about the RPF. Visits once a week? I laugh.

I was on the RPF from Sept 99 until sometime in 2001. Not once was I allowed to see my husband. I did see him in passing and say hello, that is it, for that entire time.

I never saw my mother during that time.

Then I was sent back a couple of months later for about 8 months and again was unable to see my husband that entire time.

He got tired of waiting for me (or was co-erced?) and decided to divorce me.

Anyone have more stories?

2. Tonight's program is supposed to focus on the cult's obsession with luring celebrities in for marketing. I wonder if any celebrities will be asked about their knowledge of the RPF or any of Hubbard's other abusive "Tech" and what they think about it.... I would love to see it, but I won't be holding my breath.

3. ILived1984!

ILived1984! Patron with Honors

I never did the RPF but know others who have. When a friend of mine was informed that he was being sent to the RPF he was allowed time to give goodbyes to his family members who were in the SO and his wife. Goodbyes because RPFers do not see their Sea Org family while they are in unless in passing as Bea mentioned. I read through the RPF series of Flag Orders (Sea Org Policies) a couple times and from what I remember, back during the RPFs inception, there was a weekly family night that was in practice where a RPFer could see their spouse for a few hours one night per week. That practice was canceled by a Flag Order in the same series in the 70s or early 80s as "it distracted RPFers from getting through their program." How insane.

It would be interesting to see the RPF series released for public viewing to get a taste of the prison like conditions those people live in. :omg:

4. dt2000

dt2000 Patron with Honors

Yeah, I laughed at that too. I love how Bashir offered the "like once a week?" to Tommy and he latched onto it like a starving puppy.

I was in the RPF from July 2001 to April 2004. I would run into my husband every once in a while in the hallways, if I spoke to him it was always considered "not ok" and it violated the RPF FOs anyway.

The last Christmas that I was in the RPF, I had to BEG to be able to call my parents (who were not in the Sea Org). The only way that I convinced the RPF I/C to let me CALL them was because I needed to call my "wog" grandma too. And I honestly just used that so that I would be allowed to talk to my parents...

5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

6. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

It's really a shame. A reporter *should* have done his homework enough to pose follow-up questions, and, possibly Bashir did, but just didn't ask. It would have been interesting to see 8-year-RPF veteran Chuck Beatty contradict Tommy.

Sigh. It was a half-hour show, it'll do some good, but it's most notable for how *understated* it was. I have some sympathy; it's bad enough, and, anything even *resembling* the truth begins to sound crazy, because it *is* crazy.

But, they could have done quite a bit if they'd replaced the lingering shots of Marty trolling around in his pram with real information/questions.

Zinj

7. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

This series of reports about the RPF was written by a very close friend of mine. Many of us wrote to the local authorities like the Departments of Fire, Elder and Child Abuse, Housing, Welfare and also to the Embassies, Immigration (INS), and even to the Secretary of State and other International agencies. All the addresses are here in this series if you want to write too. There were some inspections done, but as usual nothing really changed.

As long as the cult of scientology is allowed to hide behind its religiious cloaking they will continue to get away with the human rights abuses and other crimes.

Please note that the 2 people this RPFer said would die on the RPF are in fact now dead. Mike Eves and Uwe Stuckenbrock both died after years of being held prisoner in the RPF under inhumane conditions and without being allowed the comfort of their loved ones or their family and without appropriate medical care.

My friend spent 7 YEARS in these inhumane conditions. His "crime" according to his SP Declare was "Too much attention on the 2nd Dynamic, especially his family who are not in good standing with the Church".<gak>.

Please read this series:

http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/rpfinsider1.html

8. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Wow, I think you would appreciate reading Nancy Many's new book, My Billion Year Contract -Memoir of a former Scientologist. The RPF is discussed alot there, especially the time when her parents came to visit and what Chris and she had to hide from them.

9. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

Don't forget though, Zinj. Most people haven't been watching these shenanigans for years like we have, and the whole truth would probably be a little much for them to take. The understatement might be just the right reality for broad public appeal.

Lynn

10. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

I too can confirm this. I was there for almost a year and didn't see my wife but once and it wasn't for "family time".

11. Absolutely They need to keep it on a level which will keep their audience's attention. To us the cult has become such a Soap Opera of horror and train wrecks, it's difficult to put ourselves into the mindset of someone who has no involvement with Scientology and is only familiar with it because on the Hollywood celebrities they prey upon.

12. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

I would not think that reporters from global news organizations would like being lied to as much as Tommy Davis now, and Mike Rinder earlier, has been lying to them.

But apparently they accept those lies and move on.

Maybe, one day, one of them will get sick of it and actually try to expose the lies that the Church of Scientology tells them EVERY SINGLE TIME they talk to them.

13. Div6

Div6 Crusader

In your dreams Alanzo.

There is a global abberation, quite deeply embedded in this current culture, that runs along the lines of "we provide you entertainment by modulating the photons your eyes perceive (our air vibrations your ears experience, or external sensation you desire), and you will pay us for the experience."

In fact, you will be treated as a criminal and denied your sensation if you are not forthcoming with your admiration in the form of $.

The point of broadcast news is not morality or ethics. It is eyeballs and revenue.

Just like IAS events.

14. Mystic

Mystic Banned

Soul Busting

The purpose of the RPF is to further the 'soul busting' of the individual. Do your homework on 'soul busting'. Nibs Hubbard talked about his father's practice of 'soul busting' in his early moonchild days. Now we're getting down to the nitty-gritty of what Hubbard's so called "scientology" was/is really all about, and it is just too goddamn spiritually ugly for the news reporters to get into yet. Someone is going to have to educated them on this 'soul busting' practice.

The more one is 'soul busted' the more one accepts the admin and tech of this Lips Hubbard apparition.

Hubbard's "Ethics" of course is not else than out-and-out soul busting, particularly the 'lower conditions'.

15. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Tommy was RPF'd after the filming of the Panorama expose on Scientology and the incident in this video where he turns his back & walks away from Sweeney (sign of defeat & weakness).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HGM8DSnYh0

Tommy then blew, came back and returned to the RPF. My sources tell me DM yanked him from the RPF to do this interview with CNN which explains why Tommy looks exhausted and "out of it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSS178Q-4eo&feature=related

16. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Silver Meritorious Patron

"Soul Busting"

Speaking of busted souls, and to say the obvious,

Tommy Davis is a busted soul for sure.

Look up Jason Beghe's comment on that.

17. RosyGlass

RosyGlass Patron with Honors

All the above is so true. Only hope some still in will see Tommy lying about things they know are false (like RPF), and then wonder about all the other things he denies.

My hope is other major media outlets will pick up on the crimes and abuses at the same time more lawsuits get started up.

What I'd really like to see is in depth interviews with Senators and Congressman asking one simple question:

What more will it take for how much longer to stop these crimes and abuses?
    Ok, maybe 2: When will the IRS admit their error and revoke religious status?

18. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

19. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote from holysmoke.org:

Whilst considering the term "Bait and Badger".

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/fair-game-not-constitutional.htm

The Rehabilitation Project Force is an abomination.