What's new

They're Coming for your Children

Rae

Patron with Honors
As I am more recently "out" I can personally verify that the recruitment of underage children..especially of OT parents..is totally rampant. The pressure exerted on my OT friends who are parents of underage children is almost unbelievable to anyone in the real world. I witnessed numerous 13-17 yr olds ripped out of their parents homes or out of the org where I worked on a Wednesday night to arrive by Thurs at 2..one OTVll Class Vlll auditor friend of mine with an underage daughter refused to let his daughter go into the SO until she finished school and had some life experience. The recruiters called him CI, called him 1.1..called him every name in the book but still he refused. Then one day while he wasn't home, the recruiters came to their home and convinced the mother to sign the papers and away the daughter went before he came home.

Another family of OTVll and Vlll parents were convinced to let their 16 yr old boy into the SO the next day(Thurs of course) after an all night recruitment the previous night. The son was in school and just left everything to join. They were and are besides themselves.

Another OT friend of mine's kid was locked up in a room at CCI with Dave Petit and his group of crazies. When my friend couldn't find his son after arriving to pick him up after course, he threw a fit until Petit arrived to "let him know" that his child was in the recruit office. My friend actually picked Petit up and threw him against a wall telling Petit in no uncertain terms to get his son out to him NOW and that if he ever heard of this happening again that he would beat him to a pulp. It worked.

Another little 13 yr old girl daughter of an OTVll friend of mine was recruited out of the org where she was on course and whisked away in two days to go to Flag for staff. The parents live in LA.

The story never ends. The fact is that the only recruitment that can get done is by threatening OT parents with eligibility, name calling and ethics actions. It's terrifiying to have children and be a Scientologist these days.

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
The problem with getting law enforcement involved is the legal guardianship. If the parents have signed over documents (which it looks like some have) that give some CoS shill the legal responsibility over their children, we're kinda SOL finding them unless you can get a welfare check done through the local police departments. Also you have to remember that a lot of parents won't go to the police for the same reasons they didn't stop the SO from taking their kids in the first place.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The problem with getting law enforcement involved is the legal guardianship. If the parents have signed over documents (which it looks like some have) that give some CoS shill the legal responsibility over their children, we're kinda SOL finding them unless you can get a welfare check done through the local police departments. Also you have to remember that a lot of parents won't go to the police for the same reasons they didn't stop the SO from taking their kids in the first place.

Although this is an old thread, I'm bumping it to comment on the "guardianship" issue.

Regardless of any official-looking papers that SO recruiters may get you to sign, a change in legal custody of a minor child can only happen through a court, with the approval of a judge. Any legal-looking papers that they may have you sign, are just you saying that your child has your permission to stay with them.

This permission can be cancelled by the legal parents at any time, at which point you can tell them to produce the minor child right-the-fuck-NOW, or be charged with kidnapping. And unless the parents are divorced with one parent having sole custody, then EITHER parent can demand they produce the child or else.

ADDING: depending on the jurisdiction, even a temporary guardianship (like appointing somebody your child's guardian while you're away on a trip, or the child will be away from you at a boarding school) may require a court to approve it.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Many children have spoken up at the site Ex-Scientology Kids http://exscientologykids.com

About Voices in Unison

Welcome to the official page for the Ex-Scientology Kids Voices in Unison project. This project was born as a way to help people who want to tell their Scientology stories, but are nervous about possible reprisal from the Church of Scientology, feel safe speaking up.
http://exscientologykids.com/voices-in-unison-2/

Home » Voices In Unison Member Stories
http://exscientologykids.com/category/viu/

Example: Lily's story. Recruited at age 15
http://exscientologykids.com/lilys-story/