What's new

UK Exes and Indies (AND GREEBLY!!!) needed for newspaper article

Perikles

Urgent!

Journalist here. Greebly can vouch for me. I would be greatful if anyone in the UK who is interested in talking about the Tom/Katie split and the role of Scientology in pairing members together please get in contact. Also, if you have anything you feel may be useful as background don't hesitate to PM.

Please PM me, and I will arrange to get in touch via work email/numbers. Am in work until 3am or so.

Deadline is tomorrow afternoon, so time is of the essence.

Peri xx

Edit: Commissioning Editor's email/phone available on request

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Talking: with whom?

In what medium?

Why does it need to be a UK-based person?

Also... why? It was bad enough that David Miscavige intruded upon that marriage. Why should the opinion of an ESMB-member also be inserted into their troubles?

This smells fishy -- or at least inadequately thought out.

Perikles

Talking: with whom?

In what medium?

Why does it need to be a UK-based person?

Also... why? It was bad enough that David Miscavige intruded upon that marriage. Why should the opinion of an ESMB-member also be inserted into their troubles?

This smells fishy -- or at least inadequately thought out.

Fair, was posting a shade too quickly.

Basically, we're running a double page spread come what may. I'd rather get some decent background, especially to do with the level of persuassion/compulsion involved in marriages within Scientology. I'm not looking at comments on their divorce - but background on the process the a lot of Scientologists have gone through when being "paired off".

Also, the standard SP declarations, of course.

Have re-edited first post. Feel free to post more questions.

Basically, we're running a double page spread come what may. I'd rather get some decent background, especially to do with the level of persuassion/compulsion involved in marriages within Scientology. I'm not looking at comments on their divorce - but background on the process the a lot of Scientologists have gone through when being "paired off".

Sounds like you work for one of Britain's notorious scandal rags. Ever thought of getting a legitimate job? One that doesn't involve muck raking in the private lives of others?

Mark A. Baker

anonspork

Patron
Perikles has form on WWP: over a period of months he squandered a lot of people's time and energy over a newspaper article that he continually claimed was imminent yet never actually appeared. He basically strung along and derailed an effort to get publicity for the UK tax relief situation, and never deigned to account for it or share any of the information he supposedly gathered. On being challenged about it now he seems to find it funny, but still offers no explanation.

Feel free to check his posting history over there and view the tax thread.

I don't know what kind of journalist treats his sources with such contempt and then comes back to them to ask for help again.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Thanks, anonspork. Appreciate the reference.

And Peri, honey, your commissioning editor told me he'd be "greatful" if you'd lrn2spel.

TG1

Terril park

Sponsor

Hi Peri,
Probably the best data is about the Marriage to Nicole Kidman,
and how CO$ acted as sort of pimp to find a new partner for TC, one was found not suitable and they finally got Katie.

You can probably find all of this on this forum, unfortunately the search engine is not so great, and also a general google. I believe class XII Greg Wilhire was given the job of finding a suitable partner for Tom.

There are stories of how SO staff and RPFers had to spend enormous amounts of time getting a meadow of flowers around Tom's place of stay at the int base, and also of how RPFers built him a hanger for his aeroplane and then customised a moterbike for him. Some of that with pictures is on Marty's blog posted by John Brousseau.

Mark Headly was chosen to be Tom's PC for his training and has stuff on that in his book, and maybe more, can't recall.

Not been interested in this stuff per se so have no records of it. With any luck someone here can give you some quick links, but I suspect you'll just have to search with various terms.

Next time you and Greebs are up for a night in the White Horse give
me a shout :)

Which publication is this for?

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
This may at least provide some names and claims that can then be fact-checked. It's from the 'main' Tom and Katie Divorce thread...

Most long term posters here know the nitty gritty details of how their relationship came to be, details on this board, on others, and even Marty has written about.

Long story short is the CoS became a dating service for Tom. DM made it a top priority, assigning Greg Whilhere. At first only dedicated Scio girls were pitched to Tom but none held his fancy to long. After no more good cult girls were available they had Tom name a few actresses he fancied and the cult then arranged meetings, telling the girls they were going to meet Tom about a big role in his next MI movie - which was a lie. I believe his first choice was Scarlett Johanssen - who fled the meeting in terror and there have been snippets from her about how weird the whole set up was. IIRC Katie was #3 or #4 on the try out list - and she totally melted after Tom showed interest in her at the arranged mtg (as opposed to fleeing in terror.) DMs thinking was they would find the girl then make her a good Scio before marrying Tom, hence why she had the full court cult press after hooking up with Tom. (if they coukdnt find a ronbot for him then they would just make one.) Tom agreed with this plan, being convinced that Nic not being a true believer was the reason for all their problems. So Katie went along with it all, probably swept off her feet and not thinking to straight. I think the pregnancy kind of thru a wrench in the cults plan and ensured a marriage even if they couldn't be positive she was brainwashed.

That's the basic story which many have confirmed details about and it seems to have agreement from most knowledgable parties as to how it went down.

One other thing to keep in mind - Katies dad is a divorce lawyer so I believe she's going to fair much better in this divorce than his past wives did and may even get everything she demands. Her team will play hardball, are probably very well prepared and have a winning hand. Tom is going to be on defense from day 1 - and his PR people know Katie is well liked and one wrong move by Tom trying to bully Katie via the cult will be a major PR disaster.

I can't confirm any of that... but it certainly would make for some interesting months ahead, if true.

Please just don't be suckered by the position that Scientology is some kind of 'Religion', when reporting on cult matters. That was always just a 'shore story; to deflect criticism. The Charities Commission have determined that it's NOT a religion in the UK. Nor does it have charitable status here. (Being a druid is a legitimate religion... sucks to be a Scientology victim...)

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Have a word to Marty Rathbun. He was heavily involved in sorting Tom out in the lead up to and subsequent fall-out from the disconnection from Nicole Kidman. Marty would have had a bird's eye view of the whole op . . . maybe right up to the interviewing of prospective replacement wives. Marty probably won't talk about his personal dealings with Tom but he might give you an insight into the sort of OSA capers (and names of personnel involved) that were being pulled off all around Tom while he was being salvaged. It was during this period Tom was audited into calling on POTUS to discuss "human rights".

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just leave it alone because of Katie...
Let her win this one,and take poor Suri as far as she can...
You will have your story later.

Why didn't you write those storys few years ago-they were all well known...

anonspork

Patron
In a similar but more credible vein, the request below was posted by WWP administrator Sue around an hour ago:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ci-woman-english-speaking-19-35-years.103515/

Urgently wanted: Ex Sci woman, english speaking: 19 - 35 years.

Someone freelancing for a British fashion publication is seeking to interview an ex Scientologist, you do not need to be from the UK however English speaking is most convenient. They will want your picture for publication, interview can be done by phone.

Compensation is an option.

She wants to find someone today, as the deadline is close.

Contact [email protected] for further details.

Edit: Might do better as a new thread, feel free to repost if you like.