What's new

UK's Scientology's Tax Evasion and Money Laundering

RogerB

Crusader
"Subscribed to." Right. I bet they don't even know they are members of COSRECI.

Assuming they still are members. They could have been kicked out within a year. I bet none of them pay membership fees to COSRECI.

-----

OK, OK. We all know they don't follow this charter, in ways small and large. The big question is, can we do anything about it?

Paul

Oooooo! You are pissed off at them!:roflmao::happydance:

But on a serious note, I'd say you are right. Very, very, very few in the "church" would know this operation of COSRECI and the member orgs they work in or get services from exists. All they see is "God" controlling things from "Int" or "upper management."

That's the majesty of this caper.

AS to payments . . . no comment on that at this moment :no: but you have earlier noted that monies went directly into the COSRECI account in the UK . . . in any event, this is the type of thing we'd like the Ozzie Senate inquiry to get into and expose truth on. :yes:

And as to what to do about it all. . . . . make what info guys like you, Mate, SallyDannse, I and others have available to those with the power to investigate and prosecute :yes:

Rog

mate

Patron Meritorious
Hi Lucretia.

Thank you so much, for the information. It is disappointing that Bill Wilson, Peg Naulty and Ron Parfitt have passed on, but that still leaves us with three other names.

Judy Tampion, who I believe was seen in a Sydney CofS, a couple of years ago. I will be following this one up.

Also there are the two U.S. Residents/Citizens from US Court records in 1987, John Fox (COSRECI Spokesman) and Sheila Chaleff (COSRECI Managing Director). Fox and/or Chaleff held their positions in the Miscavige era, and if they knew what was going on, they could provide some very revealing information.

Regards, David.

Bill (Wilson), Peg (Naulty) and Ron (Parfitt) have all died. Where does that leave COSRECI when all its Directors have gone. From my reading of the charter, there do not appear to be any alternate directors named. Does this then dissolve COSRECI as there is no extant board (she asked hopefully)?

Also the address of COSRECI is given as 57 Pulteney St, Adelaide. The building (Thorngate Bldg) does not exist any more, and the CoS address is now Waymouth St.

This is all fascinating stuff, and the integrity of the charter appears, to my limited powers of observation, to be full of holes.

COSRECI appears to be registered as a charity, but does the CoS in Adelaide operate under its auspices, or is it a stand alone entity? I ask, because if the CoS Adelaide goes down under the new proposal regarding charities in South Australia, will COSRECI go down too, or vice versa??

On the matter of finances in Adelaide - I had the "privilege" of being part of the weekly Financial Planning meetings. There was never any money in the bank accounts that we dealt with that wasn't actual income from the org. However, there could have been an entirely different lot of bank accounts that we were not privy to. The ex-AGF would know.

mate

Patron Meritorious

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Judy Tampion, who I believe was seen in a Sydney CofS, a couple of years ago. I will be following this one up.

I swear I read this thread only today, then later totally unrelately I happened onto this thread : http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...remote-office-guardians-office-old-gal-61391/

Looks like we found Judy Tampion. And shes set up an AOSH ANZO office in Perth? lolwut?

4353767224_9437548d0b.jpg

Higher res pic/pdf through above link.

You can even contact her by email or mobile if you like.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Hi Mate, but that doesnt include the IAS funds does it?

I understood that they were all kept in the UK, and how about Sea Org Reserves?

I doubt if it's all under one roof, should emagine that there's loads of banks.

What a tragedy it would be if the bank it's all in went tits up!

IAS Money has never been kept in the UK.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Bill (Wilson), Peg (Naulty) and Ron (Parfitt) have all died. Where does that leave COSRECI when all its Directors have gone. From my reading of the charter, there do not appear to be any alternate directors named. Does this then dissolve COSRECI as there is no extant board (she asked hopefully)?

Also the address of COSRECI is given as 57 Pulteney St, Adelaide. The building (Thorngate Bldg) does not exist any more, and the CoS address is now Waymouth St.

This is all fascinating stuff, and the integrity of the charter appears, to my limited powers of observation, to be full of holes.

COSRECI appears to be registered as a charity, but does the CoS in Adelaide operate under its auspices, or is it a stand alone entity? I ask, because if the CoS Adelaide goes down under the new proposal regarding charities in South Australia, will COSRECI go down too, or vice versa??

On the matter of finances in Adelaide - I had the "privilege" of being part of the weekly Financial Planning meetings. There was never any money in the bank accounts that we dealt with that wasn't actual income from the org. However, there could have been an entirely different lot of bank accounts that we were not privy to. The ex-AGF would know.

You say "COSRECI appears to be registered as a charity". Is there an online link where this could be confirmed?

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think, what needs to happen is that Interpol should get into this thing because it is a big international criminal organization.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I think, what needs to happen is that Interpol should get into this thing because it is a big international criminal organization.

I think COSRECI only operates in the UK and does not file accounts in Australia, even though it is registered there.

Its company number in the UK is FC009154 (off the top of my head)

Added: So it is a UK problem only. No need for Interpol this time.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I had posted the following observation on another thread, then realised that it deserves its own thread as it could get a major investigation underway, into the corporation of scientology in the UK.

The Church of Scientology has registered the name, “Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated”. This is a South Australian registered association (Registration Number A5172), which I believe has a registered office in the Church of Scientology of Adelaide at 18 Waymouth St, Adelaide, SA 5000.

Overseas corporate accounts were set up with the National Westminster Bank in the UK. The accounts were/are called Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated AOSHUK Finance Office No 1 Account, Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated AOSHUK Finance Office Account No 2. As far as I can determine, the funds in those two accounts were dispersed to other overseas corporate accounts with the National Westminster Bank called the Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated Main Accounts, Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated Reserve Accounts, Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated HCO Accounts of the various scientology organisations in the UK, however, most of the money was remitted to the US. None of the funds were remitted to Australia, whatsoever, and no tax was paid in Australia. It should also be noted that
I suspect that the use of the name “Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated” was chosen because it would have led the UK bank, the National Westminster Bank to consider it a genuine corporation rather than a registered association, and so bound by corporate law rather than having few, if any, rules. So as a result the bank would assume that income tax would be paid in Australia, which of course, it wasn’t.

As I understand it, the system was set up in the early ‘70s, by Herbert G. Parkhouse who was the Deputy Guardian for Finance in the Guardian Office World Wide, and this was not only prior to the scientology corporation being granted tax exemption in Australia in 1983, but it was probably before the Whitlam Labor government recognized the Church of the New Faith, as the scientology corporation was then known in Australia, as a religious organization and could provide a marriage service in 1973.

It should also be noted that Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated was never registered as a charity nor did it apply for such.

Not only is this tax evasion, but also it is money laundering.

If I may be so bold, I would like to suggest to those of you, who are who are UK citizens, to provide this information to HM Revenue and Customs, your local member of parliament, and to members of the House of Lords.

It is about time we had some action in the UK, don't you think?

Regards, David.

If you want an example of tax evasion and money laundering by COSRECI then surely this is the definitive example.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

Anonycat

Crusader
As I understand it, the system was set up in the early ‘70s, by Herbert G. Parkhouse who was the Deputy Guardian for Finance in the Guardian Office World Wide, and this was not only prior to the scientology corporation being granted tax exemption in Australia in 1983, but it was probably before the Whitlam Labor government recognized the Church of the New Faith, as the scientology corporation was then known in Australia, as a religious organization and could provide a marriage service in 1973.

Hey, Mate,

It looks like old Mr. Parkhouse was at St. Hill too ...

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/england/grinstead-cult-061368.htm

Thanks for this thread - amazing stuff.