VIDEO LEAK: See Former Scientology Official Marty Rathbun Interrogated Under Oath

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by Type4_PTS, Jan 18, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

From the Underground Bunker...

Tony Ortega:

2. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Real good, I hope DM watches it!!!! :roflmao:

3. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

I watched the whole thing.

What are the odds that the 1993 handwritten document that he refused to read is his OW write-up where he confessed to all kinds of crimes and illegal activity? (As well as the usual sex garbage like masturbation and random sordid crap that all good Scinos admit to.)

is it right that they ask him to read that into the record?

4. koki

koki Silver Meritorious Patron

i hope (and iam sure) there is happyend to this story. Me thinks Marty was expecting this... and knows how to play with them.... there is moment where his lawyer says " you do not have to answer this", but Marty jumps and answers....some of members can dislike Marty,but that don't makes him stupid....:wink2:

Part 2 will be great,also I hope later Rinders will be out too.... and then HBO, and then.............
    what a great year.....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  5. RandomCat

RandomCat Patron with Honors

1993 is when Rathbun left Scientology for 9 days, only to be coaxed back. Earier in the testimony, I thought Marty did a pretty good job of handling the Co$ lawyer on this issue. Perhaps with the letter, this lawyer is just trying again to 'get at' Marty on something related to this topic (?).

6. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes. Leaving for nine days and then coming back would definitely have required him to do lower conditions and to "come clean" of all his nasty deeds. This write-up is being used to try to shame him in public, which was always the intent of the Hub.

7. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Marty has done an excellent job so far. The ending leaves it up in the air whether the cult attorney is going to email or fax over a copy of that letter to Babbitt or be will file a request for ruling with the out in opposition. The letter that they want Marty to read ( which he refuses to as it is not applicable ) is one that Marty admits he wrote. FYI, just in case readers don't know how these depositions work and how refusals to answer result in a request to a judge for ruling, here is my exchange with DodoThe Laser in the comments to the article..

DodoTheLaser • 5 hours ago

Mary_McConnell DodoTheLaser • 11 minutes ago
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/18/vi...n-interrogated-under-oath/#comment-1799900045

8. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    What a horrible way to spend one's latter years . . . endless lawyers, depositions, court cases.
    I guess Marty got in with the wrong crowd. That's all I can say. And now he's payin' for it. :shrug:

9. Chess

Chess Patron with Honors

I saw all of it, somewhat fascinated by it really.
    Apart from the rather obvious wordsmith games going on and the sheer seriousness of it I felt disgusted I signed up and gave my loyalty (albeit time machined) to those types who play those games in lieu of any integrity for life and those whose lives are directly affected by their actions. Don't forget Marty (sorry Mark) played the same sort of games against good willed people who honestly didn't deserve it and couldn't fight back like he's been trained or per this video now shows he obviously has the natural ability and desire to be like that. It demonstrates what he was actually like when he was in power. He was the trusted go to man for miscavige for many years.
    Big eye opener on the quality and reality of leadership present in the hey day of corporate $cn - no wonder they are in world of shit right now. Good riddance to all of them - they deserve the same compassion as any squished cockroach would get.

10. Northern Shewolf

Northern Shewolf Patron Meritorious

Actually he is doing penance for his terrible conduct while in....better than that voltagabbana Debbie Cook who took the cash and ran, furba....also better than jail or RPF's RPF. Non?

11. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I am wondering about the thrust of the logic behind Deixler's questions. Is it:

To use the comparison to Hitler et al to weaken any future testimony he may give by saying he was biased and prejudiced?

A thrust by Miscavage to harass Marty?

My take away from part one was - what the hell does this have to do with the Luis Garcia case?

Mimsey

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Anything at all they could spin to help discredit Marty.

Deixler really tried hard to get Marty to read that letter (I assume it's an O/W write-up too) into the record. Deixler must have known how easy it would have been to fax/email Babbitt a copy beforehand. What's the betting the Dwarf had really pushed him to get Marty to do that?

Paul

13. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Let's assume it is an O/W write up where Marty fesses up to having some evil intentions, or overts - still what do they have to do with the instant case? To me it seems reckless, why risk sanctions in the Garcia case by improper deposition questioning? Unless he truly A) believes he will win the Garcia case or B) doesn't care if he loses - what will it cost him? Nothing to a man who sits on a billion or more in assets, stashed cash. The interest on all of the SO reserve accounts could cover Luis's case with a minor blip in the day's activities.

Mimsey

14. Gib

Gib Crusader

yep.

Rhetoric and Law:

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/jbalkin/articles/topics1.htm

http://www.journallegalwritinginstitute.org/archives/2010/3.pdf

15. Leland

Leland Crusader

I suppose Marty is a "expert" witness or "professional expert scientology" person....that the Plantiffs are using to call into question the Cult's refund procedures....

So I assume, Marty was hired by the Garcia's.....or made himself available to testify, on their behalf, on this refund point....as an expert witness.

This leaves Marty open to....cross examination, by the Defense.

I suppose the Courts have already agreed that he can testify as an expert witness.....in the subject of Scientology.

16. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

At some level, I would assume that Marty quite enjoys getting back in the ring to tangle with a worthy opponent Dave "The Mauler" Miscavige. It's a battle of wits and strategy and force.

ASSESSING THE FIGHTERS:

Miscavige has endless attorneys, a limitless budget and the willingness to lie or cheat the legal system.

Rathbun has truth. And a blazing fast mind with wicked strategic chess moves. And a titanium chin--dude cannot be knocked out. ​

PREDICTING THE ENDING:
    Rathbun by a unanimous decision. No knockouts. But another ending is also possible because under pressure Miscavige has been known to cave in and run (quitting on his stool between rounds as he did vs Debbie Cook).

The only thing Miscavige and Hubbard ever really had going for them was their willingness to lie and terrorize people. In the past ten years, Scientology has completely lost their ability to terrorize others so all they have left is lying. In a court they will ultimately lose their ability to lie as well. This is end times (aka "good times" lol)

17. Leland

Leland Crusader

I guess....the point of whether he has to answer of not.....to just "any" Defense Attorney (Cult) question .....is in dispute. (by the Plaintiff)

It would seem to me, that if the Court/Judge has already stated that Marty was accepted by the Court as an "Expert Witness" in Cult matters......then why is the Defense asking an "off topic" question?

That the Defense is trying to do this....might piss off the Judge.

Marty is not on trial here.....he is just an expert witness.....so why this type of action by the Plaintiff Team of attorneys.....? Is seems a ruse.....

18. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Scientology was very quick to use this deposition for an unrelated matter by writing a letter to Gibney and HBO which "revealed some of the things he had said" in the deposition. Is this and the "leaking" of the video illegal?

19. Leland

Leland Crusader

I wasn't aware of this....WoW. (I don't keep up on all this....)

I imagine....it is now "public records" and not illegal to use it.

But if the Defense Team questions go off on a tangent.....into other areas....I imagine the Judge could stop that....as it is not applicable to the case at hand.

If the Defense Team is trying to get ammunition...for some other purpose...I imagine the Judge would get pissed off about that....

20. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    The COS "Catch 22" always and forever.

I hope they aren't attempting to besmirch Marty.

He actually comes with ostensibly unimpeachable pedigrees on paper.

Marty spent about 30 solid years of his life 24/7, his entire adult life essentially:

• being meticulously audited to the top of the OT Bridge
    • by the most perfect auditors in the world at the Int Base,
    • CSed by the crème de la crème RTC CSes,
    • ruthlessly trained to the highest levels of homo novus ("new man") through OT delivery skills,
    • personally handled by top-on-the-planet RTC ethics staffs,
    • and graduate-level schooled in the #1 breakthrough administrative science of the past 50 years.
    Not to even mention being Tom Cruise's auditor, EO and handler . . . . :whistling:

Besmirching or attempting to defame Marty, sorry . . . Mark, would be like the Apple CEO Tim Cook laying into the top product manager and engineer of the previous five iPhone versions in a public venue.

That can't be a good thing. :no:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015