What's new

Want a session right now from YouTube?

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Paul,

I must say that as a computer geek I considered this idea many years ago, but I guess it took someone with better knowledge of the tech to actually pull it off. I'm very impressed with this stuff, please keep at it.

Who knows, you may clear the planet!

haiqu

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul,

I must say that as a computer geek I considered this idea many years ago, but I guess it took someone with better knowledge of the tech to actually pull it off. I'm very impressed with this stuff, please keep at it.

Who knows, you may clear the planet!

haiqu

Thank you very much. Yes, that is actually my plan. :yes:

My definition of "a clear planet" is along the lines I stated earlier, and has nothing to do with people buying :shark: services. Just for any non-techie readers, Rub & Yawn is not in the least a Scn procedure, although the session forms are obviously Scn-based, and various aspects can be found in Hubbard's works. The 6-direction part and most of the variations came directly from R. Ducharme's R3X. I don't give him more credit in writing, or even spell out his full name, because he doesn't want his non-Scn pcs to associate what he does with Scn because of its sucky PR. I did credit him originally in my Robot pages but he wanted his name removed.

Paul

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Thank you very much. Yes, that is actually my plan. :yes:

My definition of "a clear planet" is along the lines I stated earlier, and has nothing to do with people buying :shark: services. Just for any non-techie readers, Rub & Yawn is not in the least a Scn procedure, although the session forms are obviously Scn-based, and various aspects can be found in Hubbard's works. The 6-direction part and most of the variations came directly from R. Ducharme's R3X. I don't give him more credit in writing, or even spell out his full name, because he doesn't want his non-Scn pcs to associate what he does with Scn because of its sucky PR. I did credit him originally in my Robot pages but he wanted his name removed.

Paul

It reminds me of group processing.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It reminds me of group processing.

Yes. I started doing the YouTube videos straight after doing 51 thirty-minute group processing sessions on Skypecast. I did those sessions live, but apart from the two-minute question-and-answer period at the end I was basically just reading through a script, with the occasional mention of visible screen names to show that it was live. I realized that it wasn't a very efficient use of my time to read a script in real time, especially when I didn't know if the one or ten people online even spoke English, so I took the next step.

TV and radio broadcasting of sessions would be ideal. Except they seem to be illegal. :tiptoe:

Paul

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Yes. I started doing the YouTube videos straight after doing 51 thirty-minute group processing sessions on Skypecast. I did those sessions live, but apart from the two-minute question-and-answer period at the end I was basically just reading through a script, with the occasional mention of visible screen names to show that it was live. I realized that it wasn't a very efficient use of my time to read a script in real time, especially when I didn't know if the one or ten people online even spoke English, so I took the next step.

TV and radio broadcasting of sessions would be ideal. Except they seem to be illegal. :tiptoe:

Paul

Really? Illegal?

The thought of that did give me a great idea for a scene. The Church of Scientology has taken over the world and every day, right after "muster", Senior C/S Int gives group processing sessions to the whole planet via the two-way TeleView.

The sessions, of course, are mandatory and anyone with BI's at session end must report to their local RTC outlet for handlings at their own expense.

I see helicopters and deserted streets. Kinda like downtown Clearwater. But dirtier, with old "The Auditor" tabloids blowing like tumbleweed through the gutters.

My hero will work in the Ministry of Truth, in the Photoshop Department.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Really? Illegal?

The thought of that did give me a great idea for a scene. The Church of Scientology has taken over the world and every day, right after "muster", Senior C/S Int gives group processing sessions to the whole planet via the two-way TeleView.

The sessions, of course, are mandatory and anyone with BI's at session end must report to their local RTC outlet for handlings at their own expense.

I see helicopters and deserted streets. Kinda like downtown Clearwater. But dirtier, with old "The Auditor" tabloids blowing like tumbleweed through the gutters.

My hero will work in the Ministry of Truth, in the Photoshop Department.

:hysterical:

(anyone else notice the smilies on the right keep changing, every time you go in?)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Really? Illegal?

I wrote to one of my Ecademy contacts who runs an online radio station with 60,000 subscribers and asked if she would like to broadcast one of my sessions in an appropriate slot, and mentioned what I thought would fit from having looked over the choices in her programming.

She responded that getting viewers to do meditation etc. was illegal. So I did some hunting around and found the Ofcom Broadcasting Code in the UK. Have a look at Section 2 - Harm and Offence here. It's not long. I can imagine there are similar laws in the US: I didn't bother to check.

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I wrote to one of my Ecademy contacts who runs an online radio station with 60,000 subscribers and asked if she would like to broadcast one of my sessions in an appropriate slot, and mentioned what I thought would fit from having looked over the choices in her programming.

She responded that getting viewers to do meditation etc. was illegal. So I did some hunting around and found the Ofcom Broadcasting Code in the UK. Have a look at Section 2 - Harm and Offence here. It's not long. I can imagine there are similar laws in the US: I didn't bother to check.

Paul

I think it's the hypnotic element that's the cause for verbot. It's bad enough when college kids get into self/auto/small-group hypnosis because there *are* potential pitfalls inherent in people *not* successfully getting 'out of session'.

Back in the 80s I remember reading an article about a fad of 'group hypnotism' in Israel that led to some very serious mental problems for people.

Anyway, I suspect the 'no broadcast meditation' rule is a wise limitation.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think it's the hypnotic element that's the cause for verbot.

Exactly. The ban on hypnotists doing their full patter to the camera was good enough for me.

I didn't see me getting very far with an argument along the lines of "But, Your Honor, what I do isn't hypnotism!"

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I was speaking to a friend on the phone this evening and she was telling me how she audited a non-Scn friend without a computer at the weekend by playing one of my YouTube videos aloud on her computer and holding the telephone next to the speakers and having the friend on the other end of the phone line execute the commands!

Ingenious. That was one use I hadn't expected. It worked too!

Paul :thumbsup:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I was speaking to a friend on the phone this evening and she was telling me how she audited a non-Scn friend without a computer at the weekend by playing one of my YouTube videos aloud on her computer and holding the telephone next to the speakers and having the friend on the other end of the phone line execute the commands!

Ingenious. That was one use I hadn't expected. It worked too!

Paul :thumbsup:

I've encountered 'auditing' over the telephone before. I guess it depends on what the desired outcome is.

Lemuria

Patron with Honors
I must tell you, I stumbled on your yawn guy site and checked out the yawn video. I have been depressed and have severe anxiety for the past few years. Your video really helped me. I was amazed that it worked. I felt this serene, genuinely happy feeling after finishing, something that I had not experienced in quite a while. I felt light, like a cloud and not anxious at all, for around 3 days after doing it, I actually laughed a lot and felt genuinely happy, after doing it the first time. It was a total Godsend. I definitely felt more at peace for around 3 days. Then I went on the internet and looked up negative stuff and slumped back a little into my depression and anxiety, but then I checked out the video again and it helped me. I was amazed at how much the theory behind it made sense. I was having trouble controlling my mental pictures, I kept seeing negative things in my mind all the time. I felt like the world was against me or something, and nobody was friendly, but I guess it was me thinking that people were gonna give me experiences that I had experienced in the past, in the present. Thank you so much for the video, I was more there after doing it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This thread hasn't had an airing for a while. Just in case there's someone out there who doesn't know about it. . . .

Comments welcome. :)

Paul

That's not even impossible. I don't dispute that auditing/'session' has 'effects', some of which might be beneficial.

I do disagree as to the *nature* of auditing/processing and the Scientology 'theory' behind it.

I ddn't give up my own experiments in autohypnosis because 'it didn't work', but because I became aware of potential pitfalls. Under very controlled circumstances and for extensively thought out and planned purposes, I would (and, to some extent do) still use it.

Zinj

I started to wonder seriously about possible pitfalls in auto-hypnosis too.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I started to wonder seriously about possible pitfalls in auto-hypnosis too.

Napoleon Hill's famous book Think and Grow Rich is an excellent read on the subject. It came from his 20 years' research into the successful habits of dozens of the famous men of his time.

By all means continue to wonder seriously about it though.

Paul