Was LRH a Great Artist and Singer/songwriter?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Demented Hubbatd, Apr 24, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Demented Hubbatd

Demented Hubbatd Patron with Honors

I was working at CoS kindergarten during my second and third weeks at EPF. The Celebrity Center building was located in the vicinity of the kindergarten building. I and my crew used to go to the Center's hotel to take shower after work.

One day I decided to a take tour of the Celebrity Center facility. There was nothing remarkable about the building except for the pictures hanging on the lobby walls.

One wall was covered with the superb pictures of surfaces of distant planets, the other one -- with the pictures of horses, dogs and other animals drawn by a child, so I thought. A Center employee was passing by, she saw that I was looking at the pictures and said, "These pictures are true works of art, LRH created them!"

"Yes, they are excellent," I said and pointed out to the pictures of the planets. "No, no. LRH drew these ones," said the woman and stretched her hand towards the child pictures.

"Oh yes, he was a very gifted child, " I said. The woman looked perplexed, she said, " LRH produced them when he was in his 30-th."

After I left Sea Org, I was attending Scientology seminars. Before beginning of a seminar the speaker said, "Before we start, I want you to hear a song. LRH wrote its lyrics, the music is by Corea."

After the song ended, the speaker asked our opinion about it. I was the first one to respond. I said, "The lyrics is out standing. But the singer is an idiot, he sings out of tune."

The speaker looked angrily at me and said, "LRH is the singer!"

2. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

It's iRONic that Hubbard would devise centers(res) to rehabilitate artists once one becomes familiar with his "art". Just think of his lifeless black and white photos.

Sort of like a guy who beats his wives, cheats on his wives, masturbates to Satanic rituals trying to create the Anti-Christ, gives drugs to his own kids in an effort to "darken" them, who has the habit of abandoning his wives and children, uses his own kids as weapons in divorce, advocates abortions, puts kids in chainlockers and surrounds himself with budding teenagers in hot pants lecturing on and on about how to have a successful marriage, devising courses and expensive counseling actions to salvage marriages and writing books on how to raise kids.

Sort of like that. Kind of like this guy advising about and constructing counseling practices and classes on sanity, ethics, morality and such...

Like he's the expert.

LOL

3. Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu Patron Meritorious

Was it called 'Twilight of the Gods'? I had it on a cassette once given to me by a well known muso at St Hill. I wish I could find it.....

4. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Seriously - you have to ask?:ohmy:

Uh - based on the "SCIENCE of knowing how to know" - a Procedure developed by the CAVE MAN and has been around for trillions of years....

We conducted a Survey and we allowed ALL answers - we did not discard the Truth like LRH's "survey tech"....

Based on results

The Survey revealed insouciant and absolute certainty a BIG FAT NO to your question.:yes:

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

That's odd. I can't imagine anyone who had ever been inside the Château Élysée building itself (Celebrity Center) describing it as unremarkable, particularly the lobby. The high ceiling with its intricate painting and carvings alone is a delight to the eyes.

https://www.kcet.org/history-societ...tologys-celebrity-centre-before-it-went-clear

It's a shame Scientology has the building, but the building itself is beautiful. Apparently you saw it differently and may not have noticed.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  6. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

The Celebrity Center (Chateau Elysee) lobby ceiling looks very similar to this one from the Villa Carlotta Hollywood across the street, but Celebrity Center's has a different design than those flower reliefs, much nicer. Both buildings were built and designed by the same architect at the same time. The Villa Carlotta's original purpose was to house the staff of Chateau Elysee, and Chateau Elysee (Celebrity Center) was built as a longer-term hotel for Hollywood Celebrities, so the Chateau Elysee building is/was far more impressive. Celebrity Center completely restored and renovated the building more than once. I remember when they spent months repainting the ceiling by hand. Chateau Elysee is currently COS' most valuable (stand alone) building in its LA area real estate portfolio.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

One or more of the Celebrity Center's entrances look a lot like this image of the Villa Carlotta, too:

[​IMG]

I was personally quite impressed and loved the building and its rich Hollywood history.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  7. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Agreed. The building itself is very cool. Would be nice if it weren't so close to the freeway but when it was built a lot of the foothills area was relatively undeveloped.
    _____
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Château_Élysée

Designed by eminent architect Arthur E. Harvey as a prominent seven-story replica of a 17th-century French-Normandy castle, it remains as the most impressive of several Hollywood chateaux built during the area's booming 1920s.
    _____
    This is an excellent article on the Church's property acquisitions:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/scientologys-hollywood-real-estate-empire-213141

The group made its first historic Hollywood acquisition in 1973, scooping up the landmark Chateau Elysee, which had been slated for demolition when the church purchased it for $1.5 million. It is now worth upward of $75 million, according to real estate sources, and serves as the church's Celebrity Centre. The church completed a lengthy renovation of the 5930 Franklin Ave. property in the early '90s;
    _____
    There was a time when the Manor was a run down has-been of a hotel but I think that has since been rectified. The child care facility mentioned in the OP that used to be behind it was a tragedy in all respects.

I think it is pretty obvious that LRH's photography work as in the What Is Scientology book staged shoots was pretty awful, as though it were an attempt by an alien society to emulate earth civilization from old Star Trek episodes that took 100 years to reach their planet, and any musical creations where he was a controlling factor were cringing to the ear and assaulted rational sensibilities but he did have a knack for parasitically acquiring and cloaking his operation in the architectural creativity of others.

It is interesting that over time, the most important positions within the Church and it's most salient product revert back to, not the teachings of LRH, but arguably the world's second oldest profession: Real Estate

8. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

The dining room at Celebrity Center as of 2013:

[​IMG]

9. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

BB, with your appreciation for great architecture and history, you might be pleased to see that as of 2013, Celebrity Center had a maze built into the grounds to replicate the original:

[​IMG]

10. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

These pictures just blow my mind. They may have let a lot of the buildings go to pot, but they did alright with the Chateau Elysee renovations:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Very nice!

You can enter - but, you can never leave.

12. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

[​IMG]
    :spitcoffee:

:hysterical:

Oh that's just PERFECT!! Goes on the Funny thread! :laugh:

13. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Hum..I find you are very generous about the lyrics...:biggrin:
    Especially ''thank you for listening'' *caugh* ''song''

That's a weapon used to disturb and traumatize poor souls :duh:

When the album came out and staff\public were ''coerced'' to buy such piece of genius art...
    (I had avoided it, lying I already had one and gave some as gifts...)
    The nice BSO tried hard to sell the piled stock while playing the album all days\night long..
    Some of us were litterally going crazy..

Therefore , the infamous song ''thank you for listening'' became the infamous ear worm , that couldn't be vanquished
    this went on for months and months and almost drove me (us) insane :wacko:

One night a close friend of mine put the tape in the car...
    We had an arguement...and made the things straight clear..
    with mutual agreement to keep such ''entheta'' between us..
    (just to avoid unnecessary waste of money...)
    and had a laughter how bad it was... :biggrin:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  14. John McGhee

John McGhee Patron

Pissing myself laughing here. Listen for yourselves;
    he was however a great con-artist https://youtu.be/ZpTUhN__FRk[video]https://youtu.be/ZpTUhN__FRk[/video]

15. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

I'd forgotten how embarrassing that was.:ohmy:

16. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

A maze for dwarves! How appropriate. :biggrin:

Paul

17. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

:hysterical: I was just going to post this masterful piece of poetry and intonation, rumour has it that if this is played in a barn full of cows you can get them to crap all at the same time... but the milk goes sour... :whistling:

They may even dance as they sing along! ~ [​IMG]

:)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  18. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Ogs

How can you be so cruel to poor cows :unsure:

19. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Ino-ino-ino, I felt bad after posting that, but wtf, I drink milk, eat cheeses, a steak once in-a-while... but yer right, no creatures on earth (or anywhere else for that matter) should be exposed to such a beautiful voice, let alone our wonderful (and tastey) bovine populace.

:eyeroll:

:p

20. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

This immediately came to my mind: The scene in the film Tombstone, when Doc is dying, lying in a bed in Glenwood Springs, CO. Wyatt has just left, to go live his life, and Doc looks down the bed at his bare feet sticking out of from the covers, and he says "This is funny." And he dies.

THIS IS FUNNY ! :yes: