What's new

Weird idea #2: Have myself declared

mawena

Patron with Honors
:newhere:

I'm a member of the public completely unconnected to the Co$. I have no family, friends or business acquaintances who have any connection to it.

I found this while poking around the RTC webiste:

https://www.rtc.org/reports/form/index.html

The idea that I have stems from a larger idea that I want to find activities that will motivate the Co$ to start spending money where they don't need to. I want them to start sending their PIs and lawyers on wild goose chases.

I'm happy to give these people my address (I live in an apt. complex with 24-hr security) and let them waste their time.

I'm well aware of what may happen to me if I do this but frankly, even after reading all the horror stories I can find, their antics seem laughable in 2015.

So I thought to myself, I have nothing to hide, there is no one connected to me that they can hurt.

What's the worst that can happen?

(Let me also just finish this one by saying that I appreciate how insane this idea sounds and I very much doubt I will go through with it)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The idea that I have stems from a larger idea that I want to find activities that will motivate the Co$ to start spending money where they don't need to. I want them to start sending their PIs and lawyers on wild goose chases.

It's true that they would be wasting money. But remember that this money was extorted from their public in the first place, misguided as they might be. Small amounts of money are probably inconsequential, but if someone started something that the Dwarf felt compelled to spend millions on, that might come afresh from the same public in an added drive to "handle the suppression from ____."

Paul

mawena

Patron with Honors
So I guess the consensus is, don't bother?

Well, I have a feeling that at some point I'll get declared.

Are they still bothering to declare non-affiliated public?

No, and they never really did. SP Declares are for INs, to let people know who they can't talk to anymore. If a non-affiliated public sends an entheta anti-Scn "please-delcare-me" letter, he'll get labeled a DEAD FILE. It's the same category as SP, in terms of Central Files organization. "Do not contact. Entheta and/or Suppressive. Won't give us $$$."

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors

If you think you'd be declared an SP by being a skeptical non informed public member, it doesn't really happen that way. You'd probably have to troll scn more than poking around as a skeptical "wog" offering your home ADDRESS because of your distaste on scn is just noise to the cult. It is a multi-billion dollar racket. If you become one of the larger "afflictions" crippling the CofS (i.e., Gibney, Wright, Rathbun, Rinder, DeWolf, Shelton, Headleys, and countless lawsuits from high contributing ex members etc) then perhaps it would be worth the SP label.

Yet: many of the motions and accusations filed by scn lawyers, directed by DM or not, have been textbook weird. It is seemingly full of rhetoric gibberish and nonsensical distractions - ever since.

On that note, I agree with Dulloldfart on this. Many good-willed and intelligent people are and/or have funded a tax exempt shell corporation where it's assets lie all over the world under the guise of religion. Many folk have been suckered into this bottomless pit of cult.

The best thing you can do at this point is petition your legislature, sign the tax exempt petition, and understand the frightening clusterfuck this "church" has become and what it has done to families in the name of fear and religion. Scientologists literally LIVE in LRH's head. It is not joke, it's devastating. Be an activist! The 1960s/70s era policies created by Hubbard look really repetitive IRL to the general population: [Deny-attack-deny-attack-deny-attack....blah blah blah].

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
:newhere:

I'm a member of the public completely unconnected to the Co$. I have no family, friends or business acquaintances who have any connection to it.

I'm happy to give these people my address (I live in an apt. complex with 24-hr security) and let them waste their time.

I'm well aware of what may happen to me if I do this but frankly, even after reading all the horror stories I can find, their antics seem laughable in 2015.

So I thought to myself, I have nothing to hide, there is no one connected to me that they can hurt. What's the worst that can happen?

First, you can't be declared because you're not a Scilon. Second, unless you are a seen as a serious threat to the cult, and I doubt you are, they won't waste their time on you.

Third, the cult has ways to make your life truly miserable without sending PIs to "chase" you.

Sindy

Crusader

It's possible to get on an enemies list. You might have to go protest an org or something. I know they keep a dossier on Anonymous members with photos, etc. as they work out the identities.

Gee, how do they have time with all the mad rush planet clearing they do? Great multitaskers they are.