What happened to Mark Bunker

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by Snuffy, Feb 13, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

2. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

My understanding is that Mark has had heart bypass surgery in the past so he has to be a bit careful.

I believe he got a little dehydrated and overheated on Sunday and fell ill because of it.

I'm sure he will recover fully! :happydance:

3. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Apparently he was lugging heavy TV equipment and in a hurry all day; it was hot, very stressy and extremely exciting. (And I think, like most of us; he was in awe with what was going on around the world and having way too much fun.) :)

Alan

4. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

Okay. Makes sense. Thanks.

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

6. Jesus666

Jesus666 Patron

HES CHARGIN HIS LAZAAAAA ehh BEAAARD

7. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I think that Mark should start considering finding someone to mentor to take over his work and website and continue IF something bad should ever happen to him. IMO, his site is too valuable to die if something should happen.

(Hey... Gumby, on OCMB, does media for a living doesn't he? Hint.)

8. dr3k

dr3k Patron with Honors

I hope Mark is ok :bigcry:

9. neiljung

neiljung Banned

I'm sure if enough people buy his dvd's he'll be fine.

Yes I am being a bit nasty and cynical. It's my nature. It's also what I enjoy. I didn't ask to be born a complete asshole you know. Pity me.

Sorry for poking fun Mark. I hope you are well and back with us now.

10. Roan

Roan Patron with Honors

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Why would anyone be making covertly hostile comments disguised as wisecracks about a MAJOR anti-Scientology activist?!? :clapping:

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... lemme think about that!

:duh: Ohhh, I get it! jeeeezz OSA... is that the best you can do?!? Send this guy here to natter about critics?!

At least you got the post in by 2:00 pm Thursday!!

Hey OSA, your Orgs are empty and your stats are crashing!! What's next?!?

11. neiljung

neiljung Banned

Like I said, it's just my nature.

All my life I've had friends pull me aside after I've met their friends and tell me I just offended them beyond belief. I see it as perhaps trying to be overly familiar at the time rather than offend anyone. I'm more aware of it now though than I used to be at least.

I cannot resist a "wisecrack" and part of me says screw them if they can't take a joke. I know it's bad though.

Despite what I said, I do in fact have a lot of respect for Mark Bunker and really like the guy. I guess I just don't see anyone or anything as sacred and can't resist taking a pop whan I see an easy in.

By the way, calling everyone who's not 100% "on message" 100% of the time OSA really reflects badly on the critical movement. I don't think half the people who do it even believe it half of the time, it's just an easy weapon to wield. However it comes across to people on the outside as paranoid at best and nasty at worst and just alienates them basically as not many people respond sympathetically to ill-founded and unjust accusations when they see them leveled at people who are clearly not OSA. It's pretty whacky, and self-defeating in the long run you know. Just telling you.

12. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Are you Alex's brother?

13. neiljung

neiljung Banned

No. :whistling:

14. Roan

Roan Patron with Honors

Uhhhh, who's calling "everyone" who's not on message OSA? Not me.

But I do strongly suspect that you are an OSA operative, based on my analysis of your words and reports I have received regarding your posting activities here.

Furthermore, I find it veeerrrrrry interesting that you have an idea that the "critical movement" could be looking badly. Why would you think that?!? The critical movement is just fine, it's largely united like never before and Anonymous has meant a huge influx of numbers into the movement and they are assimilating with 99% percent ease. There are no PR problems with the Critical Movement... unless your viewpoint on it is OSA. hhmmmmmmmm

So, what is your story neiljung? Have you posted it here? Anywhere? :confused2: Anybody here know you? Surely there must be someone here who can vouch for your bona fides... someone you are transparent to back-channel... someone who knew you when you were in?

Please tell us, neiljung: what is your hat?

15. neiljung

neiljung Banned

Well you just did it to me, and I've seen it happen dozens of times, especially on OCMB, to other people who are 100% in no way OSA and no rational person could believe they were. Think that looks good to people looking in to scientology via those channels?

This very board, and Emma were smeared as OSA op's, and I don't even think half of those involved really actually believed that. It seems it's like their idea of fun or something, because it's certainly not something I can rationalise in any sensible way. Arnie "it's OSA" Lerma ran an op on this board using Steven Von Hatten. That's a matter of record.

Really? Wow.

See my first paragraph.*

My only involvement was peripheral and getting some book one auditing back in my teens. I did self-identify as a scientologist for a short time and yes, my auditing sessions got filed at the Edinburgh org but I've never been a card carrying member. I lived 70 miles from there and was a minor. I'm fascinated by many forms of spiritual technology and do think there is some merit in a lot of the ideas that encompass scientology. The church itself is a lost cause though.

If I'm guilty of anything it's being a bit of a dick at times. I sometimes say unpopular things that I personally think are true, and I sometimes joke about things that might be a little off-colour. Nothing is sacred to me. I know I step on toes and piss people off at times. I've done it all my life, and a big part of me would like to change that as it's not like there's anything to be gained from it! Like I said, it's my nature.

Maybe scientology can help me with that. :wink2:

*EDIT: By the way, I bit my tongue pretty hard on a couple of points, and made several omissions of information, purely for the reason that I don't see anything constructive that could come from bringing them to light. You can thank me later.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  16. Roan

Roan Patron with Honors

Whaa?!? You're being obtuse. "Thank you later??" When?? Why would I be thanking you later?!? (that's a rhetorical question, don't bother answering it)

Here's one you can answer: Are you an ex-scientologist?

17. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Heh. I don't even think he's Neil Young :)

Face it neiljung, there's no particular reason to believe *anything* you say. Maybe you can 'repair' your first impression over time, but, I don't think anyone really expects candor :)

Zinj

18. StormTrooperGuy

StormTrooperGuy New Member

neiljung seems to have been banned. Is this the thread that lead to his banishment?

I'm afraid I'm not an ex-scn, but have been on these boards to look for ex-Scn from the Edinburgh Org. I thought that neiljung could have been one of them, but maybe I was wrong?