What's new

What I hated in scientology !

Gib

Crusader
I was believer from 1987 to 2012. I was on staff at an org for 5 years, held several posts.

Here are some of the things I hated.

I hated thurs 2pm end of week.
I hated writing up my post condition right after that.
I hated staff musters in the morning.
I hated "make it go right" while on staff to get my stats up when I had to use my own free time or my own money.

I hated ruds at the beginning of every auditing session.
I hated squeeze the cans, and take a nap to get sessionable.
I hated seeing the reg or EO.

I hated repeatative questions during auditing when I answered the god damn question like a million times already.
I hated having to mock-up a win.

I hated IAS events.

I hated SO missions that came into the org. Everyone of them SO people were soul-less and a pain in the ass.

I got's more..............lots more.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hated the idiots around me who applauded to the picture of an ugly [STRIKE]business[/STRIKE] con man - (I never did that... as I don't applaud to Mr. McDonald every time when I eat a burger).

Gib

Crusader
I hated the idiots around me who applauded to the picture of a [STRIKE]business[/STRIKE] con man - (I never did that... as I don't applaud to Mr McDonald).

same here, gawd I resisted that. And I actually got in ethics trouble once because I said I did not wish to clap to a fellow staff member.

Funny that the My Scientology Movie which I just saw, Marty even himself did not want to recreate that scene in the movie, and walked out during filming.

I hated standing up clapping at IAS events, sit down, then stand up again clapping watching a video and not a live event. Now that is group agreement!

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
This thread could go on forever. LOL. How about re-titling it 100 Top Things I Hated while in Scientogloy?

There's so many things I hated I don't know where to start. (1) Wasting my hard earned money for shit that ended up supporting the biggest con of the 20th century.

Gib

Crusader
This thread could go on forever. LOL. How about re-titling it 100 Top Things I Hated while in Scientogloy?

There's so many things I hated I don't know where to start. (1) Wasting my hard earned money for shit that ended up supporting the biggest con of the 20th century.

got any specifics?

I hated being spot checked by the course sup.

Gib

Crusader
I hated doing clay demos.

In trade school, and in high school, we actually worked on the piece of wood, and we actually took an engine about apart and put it back together.

I don't need no fuk'in clay, how boring and lack of mass. WTF. What a waste of time. For 50 student points, LOL

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I have compiled a list of 75 million things I hated about scientology.

One of them was. . .

SCIENTOLOGISTS LOOKING AT YOUR EYEBALLS WITH THEIR
OWN EYEBALLS IN A FIXED DEDICATED GLARE--
AS IF THAT IS SOMETHING GOOD. AND THEN
AFTER YOU SAY SOMETHING, THEY STATE
WITH GREAT & ASSURING CERTITUDE:

"I GOT THAT!"

Helpful r-factor for scientologists: You don't got that. You have enormous trouble getting many things. You don't "duplicate" well. You haven't achieved "total conceptual understanding". Your don't know that you don't know. Somewhere earlier in your materials, you entirely missed that "knowing how to know" is not a spiritual state--it's a marketing jingle.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hated the idiots around me who applauded to the picture of an ugly [STRIKE]business[/STRIKE] con man - (I never did that... as I don't applaud to Mr. McDonald every time when I eat a burger).

If you want to request a photo-shopped image, then just say that's what you want.

:coolwink:

Gib

Crusader
I hated attempting to hand out OCA's in the streets. Most people would never take my handout of free promo. Once I dumped them all in a apartment complex lobby. Mission accomplishment.

I committed a overt. LOL

But, I was free to now get a good nights sleep.

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I hated attempting to hand out OCA's in the streets of SF. Most people would never take my handout of free promo. Once I dumped them all in a apartment complex lobby. Mission accomplishment.

I committed a overt. LOL

But, I was free to now get a good nights sleep.

Oh god! Your post made me recall the time on some stupid course at the Detroit Org where there was a drill where the student had to go to a crowded venue and stop people to do a faux survey to spot their tone level. Or was it the one where you spot their tone level and pretend to be a 1/2 too one tone higher than them to bring them uptone? I didn't want to do the drill and was terrified of doing it. Probably mostly because I felt was conning them as it wasn't a sincere survey but an effort to judge them by boxing them into one of hubbard's pointless scales. I'm glad I never had a Div 6 post of selling DMSMH door to door. I think I would have taken my life to avoid doing such a dastardly deed.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Probably should reply simply: TL:DW (too long: didn't write) :biggrin:

I hated handing out promo on the streets,

I hated doing so-called standard course supe things like interrupting students with spot checks or random checks for mus,

I hated getting flunked on a definition on a star-rate checkout when I was right and the idiot checker was wrong,

I was nauseated by a staff member piously and sincerely fawning over some "OT" opinion leader's story and watching the same person,
the next day, hearing about a contradicting opinion from someone higher up on the org bd, and telling the entire group about their
suspicions about the original "OT" and how this new opinion was so "theta"...and the rest of the group (minus 1, me) applauding them.
(this was at a class v org. The Stepford Wives meme was throbbing in my head like a migraine...)

On the other hand, I LOVED living in a town adjacent to the one where I was on staff. When I was "ordered" to attend a mandatory staff meeting or SO event I would simply say, in a very apologetic tone "You're telling me about this now?!? I'm sorry, but I'm going to be out of town (that day)." Out of town meaning at home enjoying myself :happydance:

Jack

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hated having to dress down before going to the org. If I wore any new clothes I would be jumped on by a reg who thought I had some money.

I hated unexpected phone calls because they were almost always some scientologist wanting either my money or my time.

As a member of public I hated being told I was a Field Staff Member and should therefore bring people into the org.

I hated being told I was a valuable upstat person every time I paid for something yet I was a worthless piece of shit every time I refused to join staff or the Sea Org.

I could go on .....

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Yup

Marty summarized it well

Something like Scientology becomes your life till eventually there's no life left for auditing to improve

Self defeating

For a religion with the aims of no insanity it creates a world of insanity

That every Thursday stats must be up creates a pattern of abuse

That mest based constant growth corporate math does not add up to anything but slavery

We can be thankful there's so many fundamental flaws in its design though it is self destructing fast

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
Just to pick one out of a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list, I hated it when I found a typo in the Scripture/study material and the course sup kept making me word-clear until I could contrive to see the typo as correct. I actually got routed to Ethics once when I continued to insist that "genus" was NOT, nowhere near, and couldn't be made to fit in a sentence where "genesis" was obviously meant to be said/written. That was actually the beginning of the end for me--when I realized that everybody who had done that course had had to warp his/her thinking to make "genus" fit where it didn't. It was like, yeah, a round peg can fit thru a square hole if you hammer it hard enough. Of if the peg is small enough.

The vaunted Study Tech makes no provision whatsoever to allow for typos, which would be a kind of error and Ron admits to NO error.

To those who consider the Study Tech one of the gains you achieved in $cientology: You had to suspend (or revoke) cognitive ability to get through any of the courses. Which may explain why you think you got anything worthwhile out of it.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great Post Gib - one that we expect to see on an Ex Scientology Message Board. (Still don't get why people want to taut the tech and Scientology here)...but oh well.:eyeroll:

What I hated in Scientology?

EVERYTHING.

The lotion

Eating protein

The smell of Scientology - Vitamin B, Coffee and Cigarettes on the Staff's breath...not to mention body odor..FEAR and farts:ohmy:

The bathroom! :puke2::puke2::puke2::puke2::puke2:

The following phrases:

"I got it"

"Okay, Good"

"The C/S would like you to know...."

THE REGISTRARS ~ ALL OF THEM!

The routing form.

Standing up and hip hip hooray ing to the fat fuck L Ron Hubbard

Events - all of them

Fundraising

Registrars and Regging

The blank stare

the word "Insouciant"

"Sunday Service" :whistling:

Love Bombing

The ACRONYM lingo

Taking verbs and putting a NESS after it and thinking it is kewl

Oat Tea's thinking they are big big beans

Total Knowingness from a group who "don't know" but are very certain they do

Events that portrayed duped people like this....

https://youtu.be/khmhOQpOoek

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
The smell of Scientology

LOLOLOL. Thank you Knows! :hysterical:

In 1983 (the worst year of my life because of scn) I was PTSD from the recent Mission Debacle and trying to distance myself from the whole scene. Every time the phone rang I became startled and my heart sank and terror set in. I knew it was someone from the Org demanding my time or money or assets. This would fit into a different category: 100 Top Dreaded Moments in scientology.

Gib

Crusader
I hated the birthday game, as a public too. Why, well Ron said include your public. Thanks Ron, you dick, how many times did I stay past 10pm to comp that course for a fucking stat.

Oh, we won the birthday game once, staff had a big party, a joyous occasion and we got to let loose, everybody got drunk. Turns out a few months later we find out we won because of false stats, several staff were false reporting their stats, the pressure was enormous. Of course, we still kept the title and no other org knew about it, PR purposes.

Hmmm, there seems to be an under riding theme, false clear, false OT, false number of orgs & missions, false membership numbers, false religion, false science......

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
I hated doing call-in for events that nobody wanted to attend, especially when the IAS was in town.