Featured What is expected from you as a Life Long Scientologist pt 1

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Emma, Jan 19, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I must have reposted this essay 5 or 6 times already, but it is a gem, so I'm posting it again. It is perfect to show someone who is having doubts about their involvement in the CoS.

Warning - Very long but well worth it!

2. Emma

Part 2

3. Emma

Part 3

4. Emma

Part 4

5. Emma

Part 5

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  6. cockatoo

cockatoo Banned

what an effort!

geez that was long...
  7. Kilia

Kilia Patron with Honors

Emma, thank you so much for taking the time and effort in posting this long story.

I just wish it could be posted over at OCMB as well.
  8. Emma

9. Kilia

Kilia Patron with Honors

10. Refiner

Refiner Patron

Stunning personal account!
  11. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

It certainly is.
  12. mr_bad

mr_bad Patron

Great essay!!

I hadn't read this before I posted my story, but it's nice to see someone else saying the same things and reaching the same conclusions.

It makes me realize the Internet is definitely the path out of $cientology.

Thank you Emma for reposting it.
  13. petraph33

petraph33 Patron with Honors

thanks Emma

Dear Emma,
    thanks for posting this. This has been incredible to read and to live through again as I can only share every single bit of it, only - I was on the other side and can only apologize, and want to do that here, for any harm caused while being in the SO. I will never forget the moment I was sitting on the train to freedom, finally being able to leave after 8 month of leaving routing form. I have spend 17 years in Scn and 15 of that in the SO. I totally understand your statement of kid in a candystore.... I believe I should also tell my story, even though it was not one of those that eneded up on the RPF. I might have - would I have not decided otherwise and realized that this was no longer what I signed up for. I feel relief reading your story, and all other stories on this site. I believe I will feel even bigger relief when I tell my story, so that it can help others to either not join or find their feet when out, or just making the right decision when reading it on the internet - like you did. thanks again Emma for this essay and for having this site.
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  14. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

I'm looking forward to reading your story!
  15. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

This essay is a labor of love.

To whoever wrote it, thank you for telling.
  16. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Good essay!

I especially liked the ending. It reminded me of how I felt when I left SCN.

However, on my auditing I didn't hafta see an ethics officer - the DofP handled that stuff (not much involved in this) along with some "innoculation".

Best regards
  17. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

GREAT story: I wish it could be posted here as the story instead of just a link to it. THIS is some seriously helpful stuff, my needle was floating all over the place, reading it!:) Thanks so much for sharing the link! And...this part of the story:

"..........like in a Briefing Course Tape where he says lung cancer is caused by not smoking enough cigarettes."

I personally knew a long time staff member, smoked like a chimney and died from lung cancer...gee, guess they didn't smoke enough.....

Jeez...Stripping False Data is FUN!:)
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  18. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

Great post, and thanks Wisened One for replying to it and thus bringing it back to the top of the topics so I could see it. It had already sunk back down and virtually disappeared by the time I joined. Glad I was able to see it.

This website is so valuable.
  19. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you, Emma. The quality of that letter was such that I could see every congressman and senator and other important leaders reading it, accompanied by signatures of all of us on ESMB.
  20. Emma

Thanks for bumping this thread Gnosis. This essay remains my personal favourite.