What's new

What is going on with Ray Jeffrey - Attorney for Marty Rathbun?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Public Record for Bexar County to check on Marty and Monique Rathbuns case filed by their attorney they fired - Ray Jeffrey
https://apps.bexar.org/dklitsearch/search.aspx
From a Bexar County Court Records - July 24, 2017
https://i0.wp.com/scientologymoneyp...ads/2017/07/marty1d.png?resize=620,1392&ssl=1
Case Status: PENDING as of July 24, 2017

From Bexar County Court Records TODAY
DETAIL INFORMATION SELECTED:
Cause Number:2017CI12270
Business/Last Name:MONIQUE RATHBUN
Litigant Type:OTHER
Style:IN RE JEFFREY LAW FIRM PC
Court:288
Date Filed:07/06/2017
Docket Type: DEBT/CONTRACT
Case Status: DISPOSED

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Case #2017CI12270

Name MARK RATHBUN
Date Filed 07/06/2017
Case Status DISPOSED
Litigant Type OTHER
Court 288
Docket Type DEBT/CONTRACT
Business Name Style IN RE JEFFREY LAW FIRM PC
Style (2)

Case History Currently viewing 1 through 17 of 17 records
Sequence Date Filed Description
S00004
9/15/2017
NOTICE OF ORDER RULE 306A
RICHARD J REYNOLDS
ISSUED: 9/15/2017

S00003
9/15/2017
NOTICE OF ORDER RULE 306A
RAY BARRETT JEFFREY
ISSUED: 9/15/2017
O00001

8/31/2017
ORDER DENYING
PETITION TO TAKE PRE-SUIT DEPOSITIONS
JUDGE: KAREN H. POZZA
VOL: 4784 PAGE: 2974 PAGE COUNT: 1
P00012

8/31/2017
CASE CLOSED FINAL JUD AFTER NON JURY TRIAL
P00011
8/31/2017
FAX MEMO/LETTER RECEIVED FROM
JUDGE KAREN H POZZA TO RAY B JEFFREY,
MARC F WIEGAND, ELLIOTT S CAPPUCCIO,
RICHARD J REYNOLDS, III
RE: SIGNED ORDER
P00010
8/29/2017
JUDGES DOCKET NOTES
P00009
8/29/2017
HEARING/TRIAL CRT REPORTER ASSIGNED
TP TRACY PLUMMER, 407TH DISTRICT CRT
P00008
8/29/2017
RESPONSE
AND OBJECTIONS VERIFIED PETITION TO TAKE
PRE SUIT DEPOSITIONS
T00007
7/19/2017
NON-JURY
RESET ON P-T TAKE DEPOSITION
**ASSIGNED TO JDG POZZA**
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 8/29/2017 8:30AM
T00006
7/18/2017
NON-JURY
RESET ON P-T TO TAKE DEPO**RESET 8/29**
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 8/30/2017 8:30AM
P00005
7/11/2017
EMAILED COPY OF:
TO PROPERTY RESEARCH
P00004
7/11/2017
FAX TRANSMITTAL/RECORDING DEPT FROM
PROPERTY RESEARCH
S00002
7/7/2017
CITATION
MARK RATHBUN
ISSUED: 7/7/2017 RECEIVED: 7/10/2017
EXECUTED: 7/10/2017 RETURNED: 7/18/2017
S00001
7/7/2017
CITATION
MONIQUE RATHBUN
ISSUED: 7/7/2017 RECEIVED: 7/10/2017
EXECUTED: 7/13/2017 RETURNED: 7/19/2017
T00001
7/6/2017
NON-JURY
SETTING ON VERIFIED PETITION TAKE DEPO
**RESET 8/30/2017**
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 7/25/2017 8:30AM
P00003
7/6/2017
SERVICE ASSIGNED TO CLERK 1
P00002
7/6/2017
PETITION

Bexar.org | Bexar County County Clerk | Bexar County District Clerk
100 Dolorosa San Antonio, Texas 78205 | 210.335.2011

http://apps.bexar.org/Search/Detail...rk&m=&p=2_2017CI12270++++DC0000500000#history
But Ray Jeffrey et al, might appeal.

What does "Notice of Order Rule 306A" mean? - Q&A - Avvo
Simply put-the court loses jurisdiction in 30 days from the date the order is signed. The parties have within that time shall file all necessary motions for new trial, reinstate, modify, dismiss or appeal within that time.Dec 14, 2014
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does--notice-of-order-rule-306a--mean--1989257.html

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I think you got your answer here:

Okay, yes Marty got paid off to drop, or have his wife drop the case. I think that's pretty much a given.

Ray J and all the attorneys who did work for Mosey simply got stiffed. No fees collected. Nada.

If you followed what "Texas Lawyer" said on The Bunker then you would know why and how Ray J's effort to find out for sure if Marty and Mosey got paid off failed in Bexar County. Go search it out if you know how.

My opposition to you is your assertion that Ray J and Co got paid off by DM to play this charade of going after Marty and Mosey to hide the fact of their traitorous double dealing, so to speak. I find that idea repugnant.

But yes, Marty is a turncoat. Yes, yes, yes, ad infinitum yes.

Good news for you now.....I'm bored with this thread and I am therefore done. We know where each other stands.

I'm off to troll the Wizard! The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

And here:

Why are you making something really straightforward into a mysterious conspiracy theory while alluding Ray Jeffrey is dishonest? The UB article you're referring to is easily accessible so I don't see the point sneering at folks at the UB over your lack of google-fu.

LIVE FROM SAN ANTONIO: Will a former Scientology enforcer be compelled to testify?
https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/29/l...scientology-enforcer-be-compelled-to-testify/
Fair Use quote:
That was a lengthy tale to tell, and Jeffrey was able to tell it without interruptions from either Reynolds or the judge. But then Reynolds brought up a good point about the Rule 202 law. You can use the rule in two different ways, and Reynolds accused Jeffrey of saying he was using method 1 (Rule 202.1a), while really using method 2 (Rule 202.1b). Why does that matter? Well, Jeffrey had submitted the petition in Bexar County because that’s where the Rathbuns had signed their contingency fee contract with the attorneys. But if they are really pursuing method two (Rule 202.1b), the proper place to file the petition is in the county of residence for the defendant, and the Rathbuns live in San Patricio County, down by the coast. End quote.

All Mr. Jeffrey has to do provided he's still interested in pursuing legal recourse is refile at the proper legal venue. Simple.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Ingleside by the Bay is in San Patricio County, Texas.
If Mr. Jeffrey files another Rule 202 petition re: fee payment, this is the likely place to look.

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://apps.bexar.org/Search/Detail...rk&m=&p=2_2017CI12270++++DC0000500000#history
But Ray Jeffrey et al, might appeal.

What does "Notice of Order Rule 306A" mean? - Q&A - Avvo
Simply put-the court loses jurisdiction in 30 days from the date the order is signed. The parties have within that time shall file all necessary motions for new trial, reinstate, modify, dismiss or appeal within that time.Dec 14, 2014
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does--notice-of-order-rule-306a--mean--1989257.html
Thank you Mary - for this information.

I had another thread going trying to have a conversation about this subject but Emma shut me down.

Apparantly, some people cannot have the idea that Ray Jeffrey may have been paid already and we won't hear from him.

Personally, I hope he did not but I have my suspicions.

I would like to discuss it with anyone who is open and able to discuss.

I got attacked by Churchill, Lonestar and a few others for bringing up the subject.

Tony Ortega attacked HH for bringing up the subject of Marty perhaps getting his Golden Scientological Parachute.

I started to fling POO at people who were attacking me for bringing up the subject.

Seemed like an appropriate response. Emma created the POO - so I was just making productive use of it.

:p

I don't really care - kick me out - attack - call me names.

Don't care!:)

I believe Marty Rathbun got money from Scientology in exchange for his bizzare behavior and newly created hate videos dead agenting himself and others.

I believe Ray Jeffrey was part of the show and was paid.

It is not a crime to voice my opinion. If you think so - I will fling POO at you. LOL;)

I hope I am wrong about Ray Jeffrey.

When you get into bed with the devil - eventually one gets burned.

Lone Star

Crusader
I started to fling POO at people who were attacking me for bringing up the subject.

Seemed like an appropriate response. Emma created the POO - so I was just making productive use of it.

Nothing wrong with a little poo now and then.

serveimage

Edit to Add: Well I had this funny picture of poo hitting the fan and it wouldn't take. I can't make heads or tails with this new format.

Ha! I got another one to take.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Doh! I'm really having a hard time with this "shit". But I succeeded in getting another picture to load in my prior post.

Baby steps.

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Heh - no one is making anyone here discuss this subject of Marty and Monique Rathbun and the Scientology Gag Order Buy OUT.

It is curious as to what is going on with his Attorney's that he fired.

I can handle any attacks now Emma - so no worries about that. I will reserve my right to fling POO though....:p If I feel it necessary! LOL

I did get attacked and accused of "conspiracy theories" way back when I suggested Marty took a buy out....and now I do believe we have sufficient evidence to perhaps assume HE DID.

Of course - you will never know for sure but Scientology has a history of twisting the laws to suit Scientology.

IMHO - (sorry if you don't agree) I believe - It is not far off to think that Ray Jeffrey may have been forced to be part of the "show" and the petition he filed (incorrectly) was only filed as the "smoke and mirrors" to ward off other attorney's from taking a contingency contract with ex Scientologist's when suing Scientology.

One has to think in Scientologese and wear the HAT of a Scientology Spy / Criminal / OSA Bot and that is what I am doing.....What would David Miscavige DO to make others NOT sue Scientology....

Look at what they have done to SO many people in the past.

I am not saying he did - I have no proof. I am only speculating and would sincerely like to know what others think.

I just have my sneaky suspicions about How Scientology Keeps Working.....and I hope I am wrong!

I hope Ray Jeffrey exposes Marty Rathbun and his strange behavior....but THAT is not how Scientology Works...and remember - Scientology holds the cards with a BILLION dollars and the Religious Cloak protection!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
You are curious to know, which implies that you don't know. Actually I'm certain you don't know because as of yesterday you had no idea. So you've gone from having no idea to forming an opinion that Ray Jeffrey is crooked. With no data to back it up. Just a professional and personal character assassination. For what? Attention? Shits and giggles?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are curious to know, which implies that you don't know. Actually I'm certain you don't know because as of yesterday you had no idea. So you've gone from having no idea to forming an opinion that Ray Jeffrey is crooked. With no data to back it up. Just a professional and personal character assassination. For what? Attention? Shits and giggles?
Settle down Emma - I don't know the answer and simply trying to get a beat on what others think.

I "got it" - what you think.

No need to be nasty!

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

<snip>Then.... I was called a "conspiracy theorist" and kook - when I suspected all of the attorney's are in on it, including Marty's attorney - that he fired. I called Ray when I left and asked him to help me get my money back. He said "it was not worth it to him" - it was not enough money for him. <snip>

The last two sentences in the above quoted text may bring a bit of clarity, @Emma.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Settle down Emma - I don't know the answer and simply trying to get a beat on what others think.

I "got it" - what you think.

No need to be nasty!
I have no desire to go back and dig up your earlier postings but in the past you've pretty much asserted that Ray DID get paid, and you seemed to have quite a bit of certainty on this point.

Like now though, you failed to provide a shred of evidence.

You say "No need to be nasty!" but IMO, the way you put forth these accusations WAS nasty, and that's why you're getting the type of hostile responses you've been getting.

While an attorney fighting the CoS settling in a manner you suggest may be in the realm of possibility, for you to assert it as a fact as you pretty much have in the past, on more than one occasion, is really not any nicer than someone expressing the belief you fell on your head as an infant.