What's new

What really happens when you Die | End-of-life-phenomena.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Meteorology describes what causes lightening bolts in the sky to occur but does it disprove that a god Zeus is behind it?

Would you believe in the existence of the god Zeus or is the meteorology explanation sufficient?

Or would you believe that maybe the god Zeus is one step above the meteorology explanation and both are true?

In your opinion, has the science of meteorology proved that the god Zeus has nothing to do with the occurrence of lightening bolts in the sky?

I've not had any experiences with Zeus nor do I personally know anyone who has.
So there's no basis to believe in the existence of Zeus or that he's behind the lightening bolts.

What's being discussed here in this thread DOES involve experiences and/or beliefs that are fairly common, including by some members of this forum.

Science doesn't yet possess the tools to understand what is really happening or to test these beliefs, so how is it even relevant to this discussion?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I've not had any experiences with Zeus nor do I personally know anyone who has.
So there's no basis to believe in the existence of Zeus or that he's behind the lightening bolts.

What's being discussed here in this thread DOES involve experiences and/or beliefs that are fairly common, including by some members of this forum.

Science doesn't yet possess the tools to understand what is really happening or to test these beliefs, so how is it even relevant to this discussion?
Come on guys! One is bad enough, but both of you? It's lightning not lightening. :biggrin:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I very rarely listen to videos preferring the written word but I listened to every moment of this one. That may have been (in part) because Peter Fenwick is very easy to listen to (enjoyable even) and isn't in any way trying to force his views on people.

I found the talk fascinating and it is pretty much how I have always envisaged death myself (merging with the universe). I very much liked the emphasis he put on the letting go of all material possessions, relationships and of course ourselves as death starts to call, I'll remember to do that I hope.

I've experienced the feeling of someone dropping in to say goodbye to me (spiritually) a few times as they were dying or had just died and wondered if that would be mentioned (he mentioned it at around the 3/4 mark of the talk).

He also mentions the different things people see as they are in the process of dying and puts it down to cultural differences (some see angels, others don't but do see people visiting them spiritually, some see a tunnel and a light, others see a body of water and know they have to cross it) and that could give the more cynical among us reason to think it's all rubbish and that we are all programmed via religion or the stories told within our cultures. The brain is still alive until death occurs though so it is still processing things and of course it will come up with whatever 'data' has been entered into it.

I liked the way he described consciousness as being outside the brain but that the brain processes it, that made sense to me.

I loved it.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Sorry, I was distracted while writing that post as I was receiving an incoming transmission from Zeus.
About 55 minutes after posting this a lightning bolt struck nearby, knocking out my internet for 5 minutes. :hmm::D

Here's a weather map I took a picture of several minutes after it happened. I'm just east of the section in red.

weather.jpg

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Well, I've heard it all now ... who would have thought that lightening would knock out your internet (I bet it hurt that poor babies head too).

lightening
/ˈlʌɪt(ə)nɪŋ/

a drop in the level of the uterus during the last weeks of pregnancy as the head of the fetus engages in the pelvis.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
I can only give you my own perspective . . . obviously.

I spent my young decades studying and worrying about what happens
. . . in Scientology, of course.

Later on, much later, I realized that worrying about this question is just
part of the human condition, a condition that's been in common to everyone
for thousands of years. A question no one has definitively answered yet.

I'm older now and have decided to not concern about the question anymore.
I'm more concerned about how to pack as much living and joy into the final
decades I have. Screw the question.
But that's just me. :shrug: Working out OK so far, LOL.:coolwink:

I'm trying to live life as a good person, so if the heaven things exists I'll be
covered. Or if the karma thing is the thing, I'll be covered. Likewise, any other
"ism," I'll be covered. :coolwink:

Being a good and kind person also translates into experiencing a lot of joy and
satisfaction in life by my observation. I guess I'll leave it at that. Sorry I don't
have more.

:innocent:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Enlightenment is lightening up...

cc_lightning_16x9.jpg

RogerB

Crusader
. . .
I can only give you my own perspective . . . obviously.

I spent my young decades studying and worrying about what happens
. . . in Scientology, of course.

Later on, much later, I realized that worrying about this question is just
part of the human condition, a condition that's been in common to everyone
for thousands of years. A question no one has definitively answered yet.

I'm older now and have decided to not concern about the question anymore.
I'm more concerned about how to pack as much living and joy into the final
decades I have. Screw the question.
But that's just me. :shrug: Working out OK so far, LOL.:coolwink:

I'm trying to live life as a good person, so if the heaven things exists I'll be
covered. Or if the karma thing is the thing, I'll be covered. Likewise, any other
"ism," I'll be covered. :coolwink:

Being a good and kind person also translates into experiencing a lot of joy and
satisfaction in life by my observation. I guess I'll leave it at that. Sorry I don't
have more.

:innocent:
Well, ILovetoLurk, apart from what comes "next" after we trip off out of here . . . I'd say you have the right answer: what you are up to affords wonderful calm, happiness and harmony in the now . . . and that is the way to go!

Rog