What's new

What's your youngest memory?

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
I would say about 2-3 years old as my siblings and I gathered around my mother during a bad bout of thunder and lighting which scared the crap out of all of us. The recollection has nothing to do with auditing.

The_Fixer

Class Clown

I'd have been around 18 months old and I was standing in the front garden near the closed gate fiddling with some flowers when 3 girls (aged around 6 or 7) opened it, took my hands and led me (unwillingly) away from home and up the street, then they took me around a right turn corner, up a hill and into a house (one of them must have lived there) ... then up some very steep internal stairs and into a small room where they tucked me tightly into a single bed so I couldn't move.

They were alright (they didn't actually hurt me) but I definitely didn't like them or the experience, I was a bit scared and there were no adults anywhere that I could see.

When they bored of playing "dollies" with me they took me back outside and aimed me back towards home and somehow I ended up back inside my gate, I don't even know if my Ma noticed I'd gone but assume she must have as I imagine I was missing for an hour or so, things were much more relaxed back then.

That's the earliest memory I have and I believe it had an impact on me because I was suddenly aware that there was a scary world out there and I didn't feel 100% safe afterwards.

I can still remember being about 4 when my adult neighbour made me look down the barrels of his shotgun whilst he was holding it. A most disconcerting feeling and I get what you're saying about the feeling of the world not being 100% safe.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I also have another one, which is past my first birthday, but it really stuck with me. Probably about 18 months and my dad was throwing a ball to me, and I KNEW what I had to do in order to catch the ball, but it was like those wires were not connected and I could not bring my hands together at the right time and it was driving me nuts. Later on, I wound up being a decent ballplayer, but I'll never forget that frustration.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you mean like "Basic-Basic" on a chain?

Well, according to my NED - I recall when the sperm (that was me) penetrated the ovum. It hurt like hell and my Mom was making sounds no child should hear...:blush:

No worries though...me and my Auditor ran that puppy out until I was VGI's and Noodle Fleeting!!

Then we went Whole Track:omg:

Fuck - I was a HO/ Pimp! :grouch:

Aww - Shit!! If OSA gets a hold of this...they will figure out who I am! :coolwink::eyeroll:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
As far as I know this is not about what you ran in sessions of auditing. It's what you remember without any auditing.

What is the difference? Please explain.
Well in session, it depends on what you are trying to achieve - If you are running dianetics - you are after moments of loss ( secondaries), pain and unconsciousness ( engrams) or incidents that remind you of them ( locks) with the purpose of erasing them - in scientology - mostly you are running locks, or overts / withholds or upsetting incidents, with the purpose of "keying them out" or having them no longer affect you.

Here, we are simply recalling the earliest this lifetime memory with no real goal of case gain as you would want in a session, but to share with the others on this board, your memory good or bad, happy or sad for the benefit, enlightenment or enjoyment of the readers.

Hubbard is probably tearing his red hair out on target two at our lack of such a goal as his and ruing the day he invented the internet.

Mimsey

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Well in session, it depends on what you are trying to achieve - If you are running dianetics - you are after moments of loss ( secondaries), pain and unconsciousness ( engrams) or incidents that remind you of them ( locks) with the purpose of erasing them - in scientology - mostly you are running locks, or overts / withholds or upsetting incidents, with the purpose of "keying them out" or having them no longer affect you.

Here, we are simply recalling the earliest this lifetime memory with no real goal of case gain as you would want in a session, but to share with the others on this board, your memory good or bad, happy or sad for the benefit, enlightenment or enjoyment of the readers.

Hubbard is probably tearing his red hair out on target two at our lack of such a goal and ruing the day he invented the internet.

Mimsey

If you go back to my earlier post, I was making a point about how valid it is (or not) in details, whether it be earlier so-called memories OR in SCN auditing.

If you go back to my earlier post, I was making a point about how valid it is (or not) in details, whether it be earlier so-called memories OR in SCN auditing.
There is a certain amount of, shall we say inaccuracy? In Scientology, the goal is erasure or keyout - and how you get it, be it running ("dub in") Imagined incidents or real ones doesn't really matter as long as the PC is happy with the results.

If you get a BD F/N VGIs as far as the auditor is concerned it's a done deal. They are used to the story changing as you run the incident multiple times. This is what I meant - it's all about the goal - the almighty case gain. Did you erase the chain? They don't really care if you cried from pain as the roman soldiers nailed you to the cross on the outskirts of Jerusalem when in reality you got a nasty paper cut filing folders in Central Files, as long as they get a cog f/n vgis. Did I answer that for you?

Mimsey

gbuck

oxymoron
My earliest memory, is of being aware of the sunlight sparkling through a glass bead curtain,and of the beauty of the sunshine and colours.I asked my mother if we ever had a bead curtain like that and she said we did.It was in the flat where I was born, I reckon I was about a year or so old, maybe two.I wasn't searching for a result just idling through memories, and the connections pop up into awareness.Auditing is a completely different situation and experience.Its directed attention, and there is the process of searching for specifics that fit the bill.The problem is that you will find what you are searching for,in fact you will be directed to find it if you can't find it!Even if it's imaginary.Thats what I took away from auditing, you always find what is required.And the reward is in the finding, ( or in manufacturing the image )I don't have any trust in auditing 'memories'.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Originally Posted by Leon-2
As far as I know this is not about what you ran in sessions of auditing. It's what you remember without any auditing.

What is the difference?

ANSWER: Without any auditing, the memory would be of something that actually happened--rather than gloriously imaginary OT feats you committed trillions of years ago against "civilizations" and "planets".​

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Talking about "youngest memory" reminds me of how a Clear has perfect memory.

(example follows):

We join an auditing session in progress in Clearwater
at the "Mecca of Technical Perfection". Inside the tiny room, a Clear is receiving "OT Setups" from a Class XII auditor at the rate of $1,000 per hour.

CLEAR
Yes, there is an earlier similar incident.
Fourteen quadrillion years ago. It
was a Tuesday. Everyone working in
the galactic spaceship factory was called
into a muster where it was announced that
the owner of the factory, a being named Arcola
had invented something called "music".
Then we were forced to listen to his music
all day long for months on end, while we
we assembled spaceships in the factory.

CLASS XII
Okay, we'll assess that earlier similar ARC break.
Was it a break in...
Affinity?
Reality?
Communication?
Understanding?
I'd like to indicate that it was a break in Affinity.

CLEAR
Wow! Yeah! We were forced to stand at our
work stations and applaud after each song
while looking at Arcola's photograph. Wait...
I think I just realized something. OMG!
Arcola was Ron!!!
So, when I got that ARC break and blew
up 2 billon planets, I was actually committing
a huge overt against Ron and that delayed
Scientology and Ron's tech from creating
a world without insanity. And I gave engrams to
all the beings in the universe, which is why beings on
this planet are resistant to getting on the Bridge when
they see people in the org applauding Arcola's--
errr--I mean Ron's photograph. WOW!
Now planetary clearing can become a reality!

CLASS XII
Your needle is floating!!

CLEAR
Amazing! It's so funny, before
Scientology I had a real problem with memory!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
What is the difference? Please explain.

Well, there are no tin cans involved, no money changes hands and there's no pressure to come up with something astonishing for the benefit of the expectant "practitioner" (quack) ... you don't have to pretend to be "blown out" after the "session" because you possibly remembered something ... or have to write yet another insincere Success story.

Apart from that it's exactly the same.

:biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Well, there are no tin cans involved, no money changes hands and there's no pressure to come up with something astonishing for the benefit of the expectant "practitioner" (quack) ... you don't have to pretend to be "blown out" after the "session" because you possibly remembered something ... or have to write yet another insincere Success story.

:hysterical::hysterical:

Some of those really nice smiling young people from that nice church down the street asked me to give this to you. . .

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%205_zpsm46zkurr.jpg

Uber

Patron
I have a memory from just before I was born and another from when I was 6 months old. I believe both to be genuine. I had the prenatal one before I knew where babies come from. (What-no cabbage patch?) But I'm certainly willing to admit I could be wrong about it.

The 6 month old baby one is of me being carefully put in a dresser drawer lined with soft fabric. (Thanks for not shutting it, Mom!) Years later, I asked Mom if she'd ever put me in a drawer. She said, yes. Visiting a good friend, time to put me down for a nap, she did that. I remember thinking "Well, they've never done that before."

reading this made me recall the smell of pee in my wet diaper lying in my crib

phenomanon

Canyon
reading this made me recall the smell of pee in my wet diaper lying in my crib

In this lifetime, my eaeliest memory was when my eyes first focussed, and I felt myself as "separate from".
In auditing, my first memory was some space dreck from Novemdecillion years ago.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you mean like "Basic-Basic" on a chain?

Well, according to my NED - I recall when the sperm (that was me) penetrated the ovum. It hurt like hell and my Mom was making sounds no child should hear...:blush:

No worries though...me and my Auditor ran that puppy out until I was VGI's and Noodle Fleeting!!

Then we went Whole Track:omg:

Fuck - I was a HO/ Pimp! :grouch:

Aww - Shit!! If OSA gets a hold of this...they will figure out who I am! :coolwink::eyeroll:

I really wanted to go whole-track and it became a big problem for me because I couldn't remember anything before my Mom getting me dressed one morning when I was 2?-3?-4?

I kept pestering my auditor about it and he told me to relax - it would happen.

Shortly thereafter, there I was, a dis-embodied thetan watching my parents conceiving me - yes my very own conception!

WARNING!

Do not watch your parents have sex!

My thetan eyes have never recovered.

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Gib

Crusader

you just described L Ron Hubbard & scientology, making much a do about nothing. Ron the writer, making the insignificant, significant.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
The troubled babe's musings and Mimsey's here are of no consequence.

There is a certain amount of, shall we say inaccuracy? In Scientology, the goal is erasure or keyout - and how you get it, be it running ("dub in") Imagined incidents or real ones doesn't really matter as long as the PC is happy with the results.

If you get a BD F/N VGIs as far as the auditor is concerned it's a done deal. They are used to the story changing as you run the incident multiple times. This is what I meant - it's all about the goal - the almighty case gain. Did you erase the chain? They don't really care if you cried from pain as the roman soldiers nailed you to the cross on the outskirts of Jerusalem when in reality you got a nasty paper cut filing folders in Central Files, as long as they get a cog f/n vgis. Did I answer that for you?

Mimsey

Any auditor who is only going after F/N VGIs and so-called Success Stories is not worth a damn thing and should be booted out or retrained at once.

The only thing the Dianetic auditor should be interested in is actual case benefit for the preclear. Are the things he was complaining of now GONE ?

Everything else is subsidiary to that.

Even things like are the whole track events he ran really true or not? Did they truly happen or not? Well,who cares? Not me. All I care is whether the guy is getting better and staying better.

And incidents found and run in session are completely of a different order to normal memory. I can't be bothered to go into this in detail so just take my word for it. They are not the same at all.

Do Clears have perfect recall? Well a perfect clear would, but how many attain that ever? So it is all theoretical and has never been demonstrated. But in theory - yes.

Anything else?