When you die, you’ll die alone and in pain and in the dark.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Axiom142, Aug 22, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

“When you die, you’ll die alone and in pain and in the dark.”

Now who would say such a thing to another person on the street, in broad daylight? Can you guess?

Ok, so that wasn’t really difficult, was it? But how did this come about?

I’ll tell you.

Today, I was wandering around East Grinstead, in the vicinity of Sainsbury’s (supermarket), when I saw a Sea Org staff minibus, parked on the side of the road and three Sea Org members standing near it. After some discussion, they crossed the road and two of them stood outside the front door of a house, presumably in order to see the occupant/s and get them back on lines / buy more materials etc.

Sensing a good photo opportunity, I whipped out my trusty Canon and took a snap. This apparently aroused their interest, because one of their party followed me down the road and took a photo of me. Nothing wrong with that, I was in a public place after all. In any case, I thought I would take the opportunity to speak to him about what the leader of his ‘church’ is really up to. Ask I walked towards him, he walked off. I followed and asked him if he could confront me. His response was rather non sequitur to say the least. He accused me of being a squirrel!

I was rather bemused by this and decided to respond by telliing him about David Miscavige (allegedly) beating his staff and the fact that Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder had left and were now speaking out. At first, he actually listened to what I said. But this soon changed as he was apparently unable to face any criticism of his leader or organisation. Several times he said that I was repeating a circuit, while himself repeating the same accusations over and over (squirrel, suck on the track, insane, etc). He even suggested that I beat my wife! Yes, really. I mean how corny can you get? :duh:

I tried to communicate in a rational way, but it was obviously that he would not listen. He was so intense that he was actually spitting while he was hurling his invective at me.

Anyway, you can see for yourself in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4HapgG-2c

Immediately after this, I switched my camera off and just tried to talk to him person to person. I told him that I, and members of Anonymous actually cared about him and his fellow staff members and that we wanted to help them.

But he was having none of this and just shouted me down. It was quite clear that he was well past being able to act rationally and would not listen to a thing that I said. Perhaps staff have been trained in the newly developed ‘Wall of Sound’ Tech in handling critics, where you overwhelm them not with logic and truth, but just drown out anything that they have to say? After a couple of minutes of his rantings (with ever-increasing amounts of spittle), a bus arrived and he got on, presumably to return to St Hill.

I like to think that I don’t set out to cause trouble or provoke people, I don’t see any value in deliberately upsetting people. Perhaps I did overstep the mark in approaching this person, and talking to him. But, I feel very strongly that the staff should have the opportunity to know what is happening in the real world and be able to make informed choices.

Unfortunately, it is very clear from this man’s reaction to a few simple statements of fact, that CoS staff have developed a ‘seige mentality’ where anyone who says anything remotely critical is ‘attacking’ them and must be verbally attacked immediately in response, rather than utilising the purported principles of their founder, namely communicate in a sane and rational manner and handle the problem.

This might sound rather trite, but I really do feel very sorry for guys like this. I’m sure that he is really a very decent person, otherwise he wouldn’t have joined the Sea Org and give up so much. It is the Church of Scientology that causes people to behave so irrationally.

As an amusing postscript, the bus that originally attracted my attention, was parked illegally, and got a parking ticket, shown here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Axiom142

2. Good job, man. Despite that concrete-lined skull of his, maybe, just maybe, a little of your ESSPEE powahs may cracked a chip out of his Hubbard false-reality-wall.

3. byte301

byte301 Crusader

So where's my 50 pounds? I lol'd!

4. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

That was awesome.

I smell puthy!

5. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

OMG!

:ohmy: don't know whether to :lol: or :bigcry: :confused2:

EP

6. Axiom142

Ah yes, the £50. I want mine as well! :bigcry:

Actually, thinking about it, I should have gently told the guy that whoever told him that he got paid £50 was pulling his leg.

But this just shows the state they are in, when they will willingly believe such a ridiculous statement, because it fits in with their world view.

I mean, people couldn't be protesting against the Church of Scientology for a genuine reason, could they? :eyeroll:

Axiom142

7. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Mewhhehe.. erhm.. Now, we must be serious! - He's an authority on the human mind!

-

Hmmpft.. Humpfff.. mftt! - Mewhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
    :lol:

8. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

That video is an instant classic! Should be packaged in a boxed set with
    Dan Murman vs WBM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REr7XfoiKrs

I'd throw 3 for the price of 2 and include that scn promo film where the white smocked psych keeps screaming "The Brain!!!"

Funny thing is, why do the Scientology OT's in real life speak and act like crazy psych in that promo film with evil fake laughter?

9. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

good one, Ax142

Looks and sounds to me like he was manifesting some Glee of Insanity! :omg: :thumbsup:

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I don't know who that guy is, but I can imagine excerpts of that video being reproduced, and he becoming seen widely.

Maybe he will see the error of his ways while doing the next few ethics handlings he gets to do as a result of it.

Or maybe not.

Paul

11. byte301

byte301 Crusader

yeah, wait'll he gets some shooping! hahahaha

Great job, btw!

12. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I'll have to tell you what my attention is hooked on.

The SO guys have to rent a car.

Because none of them can own one.

Personally, if I was in front of the guy and wanted to push his buttons, that would be the one I would push.

Because that was my button when I was in.

I was working 100 hours a week, but if I wanted to do anything outside the base, I couldn't afford my own transportation?

Before I got into the SO, I had a car.

I got in, and I lost my car.

I know this sounds heartless, but I missed it almost more than I missed my family.

:no:

13. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

The scary thing is that he probably thinks that he HANDLED AN SP and protected Scientology...

What a classic! Well done, Axiom!

I wish there would be more of this guy.

14. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

Instant classic indeed!

Way to go, Axe!

What you did was good.

You are hereby highly commended for enduring that man's bullshit to try to get through to him.

When that guy lays down to sleep tonight, he will remember your conversation. And he will think about what you said.

15. Axiom142

The Sea Org rent about 15 or so minibuses (mostly from Choice Vehicle Rentals) which are used to ferry the staff between their berthing at Walsh Manor and St Hill. This adds up to a major expense for the CoS (even without parking tickets :) ).

There are a few Sea Org members who have their own cars, but given that they hardly get paid anything, most cannot afford to run one for very long.

Lack of suitable transport is so acute, St Hill staff have to drive around in these minibuses when they go out to visit public, which is happening a lot recently. Doesn’t really make a very good impression.

Axiom142

16. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

It's all in the details!

Did y'all notice that he needs a dentist in the worst way!:nervous: :yes:

And he's sure to die in POVERTY!:whistling:

EP?

17. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Good on ya, Ax!

18. Axiom142

Why thank you Alanzo! I am most touched by your praise.

Next time, I need to prepare myself. I did get a bit tongue-tied at times.

And a protective mask wouldn't go amiss. That spittle Tech is a bummer to deal with. :ohmy:

Axiom142

19. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

As he's spending the night scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush, thanks to the wonder of instant Internet feedback (via OSA Int anyway), he will more likely be thinking of what he himself said. Well, considering it is now midnight here, guess it will be tomorrow night.

Paul

20. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

I know what you mean about getting tongue-tied.

I was sitting here, in the comfort of my office, with no deluded cult members spitting on me, thinking about what I would have said to him.

When he said, "You are stuck in an incident"

I would have said, "Well I have to be, don't I? I have to be dramatizing case right now, or else you would have to listen to what I say. If what I was saying to you was not coming from my "case", then you would have to really consider my communication, wouldn't you?"

"Do you realize that your assigning "case" to what I am saying is a thought-stopping technique that has been implanted in you so you do not have to listen to me?"

"Now what did I say? Can you remember?"

What do you think of that?