What's new

When you feel someone looking at you

spyglass

Patron
You know when someone is looking at you, and you feel it and turn to look at them? Clearly, the thetan is flowing particles towards you. Exactly what is happening? Did LRH ever mention this phenomena?

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I never heard an LRH reference on it, but I remember it being discussed in the mission as a "theta perceptic" . . . the ability to project and sense "intention". I'd be curious to hear peoples' thoughts on this too.

Doom

Lurking.
That falls into the area of Para Scientology unless you are talking about only Scientolojests.

If you get a chance listen to the lecture called "Para Scientology" (things that go boomp in the night), very entertaining.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Everyone alive can do this, even cats and dogs.

It seems to me to be a basic form of telepathy, not paranormal and not a discovery of the Master.

spyglass

Patron
My thoughts are that instead of perceiving directly, that is, by simply looking, the thetan is instead beaming particles are you, then looking at pictures attached to the particles. In other words, it's like radar. It's a fear of directly looking, I presume because of a fear of some kind of blowback. It's interesting that you can differentiate between different people looking at you if you are familiar with the person.

I'm just wondering what others think of it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You know when someone is looking at you, and you feel it and turn to look at them? Clearly, the thetan is flowing particles towards you. Exactly what is happening? Did LRH ever mention this phenomena?

I'll skip the exactly what is happening question. :)

Hubbard often talked about "attention units," and the thetan as an energy source. When you put attention on something, you effectively spray it with attention units. If the something is a memory, it "activates" and can become a vivid holographic image with video, audio, smell, touch, emotional content, and more. If the something is a physical universe object, the object can retain an imprint of your interest that is perceivable by others who are sensitive enough — for example, you can read about people who can hold a favourite object of someone's and then give accurate impressions of its owner.

Hubbard talks about "beams" a thetan puts out in many places, like the books History of Man, Scn 8-80, Scn 8-8008, and the PDC lectures. Look there for details. :)

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
And, of course, there are the people who think that everybody's looking at them all the time too...

Zinj

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it is just the awareness of attention on you. Same as knowing who is calling when the phone rings (and I don't mean call display, lol!), or two people say exactly the same thing at the same time.

Animals communicate routinely by thought sharing, and every once in awhile they will let one of us thick as a brick humanoids in on the conversation. I think that we are all part of a larger consciousness, individuals but interconnected, and by simply observing that interconnectedness we open ourselves up to communication with other parts of it.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

An observer has an effect on the observed object. WTF has "Elle"RH to do with that?

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Women seem to know when I'm oogling their bums... I wonder if I can 'extend' the 'ability' to a message board.. I'm now cyber oogling all female bums on ESMB!

:coolwink:

Mystic

Crusader

"Thetans" have been cancelled.

What is an "LRH"?

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate

The ability to sense these things is studied and enhanced in several martial arts, and you can reach the point where you can (usually) react to an attack before you've seen it. I've gone through that process and seen a distinct improvement in my ability to sense when an attack is about to be initiated, and to deal with it. This doesn't involve lectures or books from a fat old lunatic; in fact you'll acquire the ability much more readily elsewhere.

Your subconscious already registers more than you know; you just have to learn to listen to your instincts better. When somebody is observing you, their body language will be subtly different. Even after they've passed out of your field of vision, it's possible to sense their scrutiny.

Thetans are bogus. If Scientology was really a science, there'd be at least one more SI unit - but there's no systematic study, no means of measurement and no intention to become a legitimate science. There are no thetans, no clears and no OTs. Prove me wrong.

You're still capable of amazing things. It's just nothing to do with Dianetics. (How many Olympic medalists are Scientologists? I'm not aware of any.)

AnonKat

Crusader
Nothing spiritual about it, Nothing especially OT about it.

It is part of Animal Instinct part of the REACTIVE MIND if you will.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
THIS

The ability to sense these things is studied and enhanced in several martial arts, and you can reach the point where you can (usually) react to an attack before you've seen it. I've gone through that process and seen a distinct improvement in my ability to sense when an attack is about to be initiated, and to deal with it. This doesn't involve lectures or books from a fat old lunatic; in fact you'll acquire the ability much more readily elsewhere.

Your subconscious already registers more than you know; you just have to learn to listen to your instincts better. When somebody is observing you, their body language will be subtly different. Even after they've passed out of your field of vision, it's possible to sense their scrutiny.

Thetans are bogus. If Scientology was really a science, there'd be at least one more SI unit - but there's no systematic study, no means of measurement and no intention to become a legitimate science. There are no thetans, no clears and no OTs. Prove me wrong.

You're still capable of amazing things. It's just nothing to do with Dianetics. (How many Olympic medalists are Scientologists? I'm not aware of any.)

This /\ /\ /\ :goodposting::hifive:

PS(edit): It is the very thing that saved my ass from scn . . .