Why do people think it is necessary to be tolerant of religion?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Briamo94, Nov 14, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON Patron with Honors

ps I have always been resistant to suggestions, of any and every kind.

2. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

The regular posters on this board are usually long time posters. Some even knew some members years and decades ago in the cult..so, sometimes it gets like a big family.

We all have our temper and people get use to it!
    There might happen misunderstanding on message boards..but we put our ego aside and take a fresh new start when things have gone wrong. Usually people take those situation with humour..humour is a trademark of the board, Even though there are many serious topics and threads..people like to get their jeans a little loose and have fun too , here and there. People are usually straight shooters, but in no way they are bad people..Straty is never wearing white gloves, may appear grumpy ..but he is a sweet..;)

AS soon as you get used to people and they get used to you..then, things are going seamlessly since ESMBers are just the best people you can find on a message board that is almost not moderated. We have been properly raised by Emma momma to moderate ourselve like big boys and big girls..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:00 AM
    • For you For you x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  3. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON Patron with Honors

Lotus, first thank you very much, second, this message tells me you are someone I will like, I like the way you think; third, as I said to Trubs, I have been around, I know the importance of humour, rolling with it when it gets a bit rough etc., I already have discerned tonight is just a spat, (though when strat punches he really does) I was astonished initially by how warmly I was welcomed, including by strat himself, so tonight's metamorphosis is not entirely unexpected, a swing was always likely;
    but still, I was totally unprepared for tonight's exchanges. Trubs says she thinks Strat really does like me just as he seemed before. Of course I hope he does. I still think overreaction is an accurate term but otherwise I don't hold grudges either, I, too get moods, strong, intense, sometimes horrible; but they pass quickly. In other words I get the impression we are all similar in our mentalities and probably in our styles too. As for Emma, though I haven't seen her since my first day, it was immediately obvious she is utterly lovely, as well as having her head well screwed on. I wrote a little note to her about my own experience of managing a largish web forum and everything it taught me; just to let her know I know about doing the chores etc.

4. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

People are like they are..and even it may seems complicate to adapt when first coming on a message board..soon , a little at the time, people get to know each other, or at least, how they communicate and it becomes easier.

;)

I know it can appear to be a rude place at first..there are some reasons for that..but when one persists, it soon appears to be a very cool place.

Again, the only hint I know of is that regular posters here, in majority, don't take themselve too seriously ..otherwise they would have left! ;)
    The topic that led Emma to create this board is very serious..but to keep coming here, years long, people have to find also humour, litghtness and fun...
    Also, member take their time to seize newbies..we have had numerous fuc..ers on the board , some come to lecture us, other to paternalize, others come to enlight, other to educate us, other to bring truth to us...see...???? So let people take time to better know you too..it doesn't happens in just a few days! ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:57 PM
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

No.

6. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Strati once said that a post I made was the most stupid thing he'd ever read on this message board.

I think I deserve a prize for that.:thewinner:

7. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Really? Did I? I certainly don't remember doing that although I'm not doubting you TE. All I can say is I must have been especially grumpy that day. :biggrin:

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Hiya Chris! Yeh, unless you click a thank you or like or something, I don't always see your posts. I wasn't even online yesterday, had an emergency come up at work.

Sounds like you might have stepped on some toes. It happens; it takes a while to get used to discussions on forums, but generally speaking, try to stay away from ad homs (criticize the post, not the person) and try to stay factual wherever possible and post links to the facts you have. Otherwise, it's just a learning experience and we've all made our blunders so don't worry too much about it. Going to look at your other threads now. :)