What's new

Will and Jada - outta da house

The Fresh prince is movin' on Mimsey

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/08/05/will-smith-jada-pinkett-leave-sciento

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Leave Scientology, Recoup $1.2 Million After Church School Closes

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith have reportedly parted ways with the Church of Scientology. Tax records show they received a refund after one of the church's schools closed in 2013, and a former leader recently confirmed that the couple are not members. Smith told "Access Hollywood" in 2007 that fellow actor Tom Cruise introduced him to the religion. He said at the time, "I was raised in a Baptist household and went to a Catholic school, but the ideas of the Bible are 98 percent the same ideas as Scientology; 98 percent the same ideas as Buddhism or Hinduism." According to Radar Online, in 2008 Smith and his wife donated $70,000 to Scientology-related projects, which is documented in tax papers for the Will Smith Foundation. In 2011, the couple donated $1.2 million to the Scientology-centered New Village Leadership Academy. The school included Scientology teaching in its curriculum and was run by church members. It closed in 2013, and Radar reports that the Will Smith Foundation was refunded the entire sum that was donated to the project.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Funny that we all know that a refund, or Scientology handing any money BACK to someone, instantly means they are out and declared.

But the Will and Jada thing was so weird from the get go - lots of rumor but never confirmation they were actual members. I wondered how the cult handled them or allowed them to be sort of "secret" scientolgists. We know DM desperately wanted some African-American star power in the cult (hell he was desperate enough to team up with Farakhan) so maybe that meant they got treated with kid gloves and very low pressure.

I mean the whole funding a school based on the wacko LRH learning tech certainly confirmed they had some strong connection to the cult, and were most probably members, but its still so strange they were so hush hush about it otherwise. I'm really curious at how the cult dealt with them internally. Probably felt they were never properly "dedicated" and a risky proposition so maybe they never wanted them to publicly identity as members fearing it could cause more trouble than good down the road.

Leland

Crusader
As far as I know....there was a special Course Room at Celebrity Center....for "Celebrities...."

There was a regular Course Room....where I did a course. So there was a segregation there....for sure.

Plus there was some info about the really big Celebrities..getting services at INT Base....which as far as I know.....did not have any "public" cult member facilities at all.....

I would imagine that a Movie Star of the stature of Will Smith....probably went to Int Base???

I did see a few celebrities around AOLA over the years....Kristy Ally, and a few others....

Perhaps special auditing rooms at CC for Celebrity Auditing as well....??

Plus I heard that the SO would send out auditors to Celebrities.....

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I wondered how the cult handled them or allowed them to be sort of "secret" scientolgists.

Actually, there have been a number of those over the years. It was a lot easier before the internet and before everyone was carrying around a camera in their phone.

For example, very few people knew Greta Van Sustern was a Scientologist when I was in. The first few years Cruise was in it was top secret that he was getting services. I was in the Sea Org and even I didn't know.

Very few of the bigger celebs actually went to an org. Generally they went to Int or an auditor went to them. So, it wasn't all that hard to keep their involvement under wraps.

But I do agree with you. The Will and Jada thing was always very weird.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Actually, there have been a number of those over the years. It was a lot easier before the internet and before everyone was carrying around a camera in their phone.

For example, very few people knew Greta Van Sustern was a Scientologist when I was in. The first few years Cruise was in it was top secret that he was getting services. I was in the Sea Org and even I didn't know.

Very few of the bigger celebs actually went to an org. Generally they went to Int or an auditor went to them. So, it wasn't all that hard to keep their involvement under wraps.

and if Lulubelle don't know them or about them - then they ain't celebs!! :)

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Looks like they were being courted and I'm sure dwarfenfuher was drooling but in the end they didn't bite. Good for them.

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
I'm pretty sure any scn'ing with the Smiths took place at the Smiths' location. The cherch would probably send out auditors or sups as needed to the Smiths for any services.

Perhaps the Smiths toured CC, but I doubt THEY themselves did anything there. Just my opinion.

I did heard they would send parents or staff there for services though.

I do know CC does has a private entrance from the lower garage for celebs, and there is a private course room, but you would see celebs in the HGC if they were there getting auditing.