What's new

www.natterboard.com

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This domain name hasn't been taken. I was tempted to spend the $10 registering it for a year with Godaddy, and then forwarding it (free of charge) to Marty's blog. It's much easier to remember "natterboard.com" than whatever his real URL is.

But I decided I had better things to do with the money.

Still, if anyone else shares my sense of humour and has a bit more spare cash. . . .

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
This domain name hasn't been taken. I was tempted to spend the $10 registering it for a year with Godaddy, and then forwarding it (free of charge) to Marty's blog. It's much easier to remember "natterboard.com" than whatever his real URL is.

But I decided I had better things to do with the money.

Still, if anyone else shares my sense of humour and has a bit more spare cash. . . .

Paul

I bought it :)

I'm like that with shopping too.

I see it. I want it. I buy it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Looks like the domain registrar is using it for its own advertising purposes. I suggest you forward it somewhere quick, Emma. Even if you intend to ultimately have its own site.

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I don't know what to do with it. I'll just leave it pointed at the real natter board for now.

Anyone got any ideas for it?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I don't know what to do with it. I'll just leave it pointed at the real natter board for now.

Anyone got any ideas for it?

Marty originated the term in order to denigrate, to create a them-versus-us scene.

So point it to his blog. Spread the link around. Marty Rathbun = www.natterboard.com

Let the chickens come home to roost. :)

Paul

Last edited:

scientrollogy

Patron with Honors
emma this is beautiful, they have to tell people not to look at something thats self explanitory to any scientologist...

oh lawd, this is full of win

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Sorry to be party-poopz, but don't think it werkz that way. You would haz to own the namez of cross pollinating you want to do. Name serverz and all that. You can only point or alias to stuffz you haz controlz over. No?

No. :)It's really just a pointer that can point anywhere, and when you invoke (blame my vocabulary for that language rape) that pointer, i.e. you load www.natterboard.com in your browser, you get automatically redirected to where it points to.

Add:
It might be illegal in some countries to point to a site you don't have control over or have no permission to do so. IANAL

Last edited:

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
No. :)It's really just a pointer that can point anywhere, and when you invoke (blame my vocabulary for that language rape) that pointer, i.e. you load www.natterboard.com in your browser, you get automatically redirected to where it points to.

Add:
It might be illegal in some countries to point to a site you don't have control over or have no permission to do so. IANAL

Guess I'm not getting the "pointer" business, then, i.e. where that is supposed to occur without the appropriate use of DNS and IP rights. :confused2:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Guess I'm not getting the "pointer" business, then, i.e. where that is supposed to occur without the appropriate use of DNS and IP rights. :confused2:

Simple explanation:
I tell my browser: Show me www.natterboard.com.
Now the browser tries to fetch the natterboad site.
Natterboard site says: I have nothing, go look over there.
Browser does as told, goes to whatever it was that natterboard told 'em, and looks for anything that could be fetched from there. Usually index.htm or something.
Browser grabs the 1st recognizable thing , fetches and delivers.
:)

This DNS, IP. etc. basically happens on a lower network layer.

:cheers: