Yearbook

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Megalomaniac, Mar 22, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac Silver Meritorious Patron

I know of no yearbooks for Orgs & management units. The only thing close is the magazines. But I'm thinking about a book or web page where you see who held what post at what time, who was on course or getting auditing (not just the completions). I want to see pictures of the Org and the people. People could write comments and stories.

What do you think? Where could we reconstruct this? Scienowiki?

Maybe it would be cool to have an Org Board Time Machine for every Org, Mission & management unit. You could slide a slider at the bottom through the years and watch the Org Board change, grow, shrink, disappear, reappear. Maybe click on any post and it would open up that page in the yearbook...

Just brainstorming. :confused2:

2. OldTimingMan

OldTimingMan Patron with Honors

Great Idea, maybe someone has a large cache of historical org charts or equiv?

3. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I think you would finally see the real story of scientology - musical chairs, crashing stats, disappearing staff and public.

It could be done if you had various staff lists - I dunno that you could put it all together by collective memory.

Love the idea :thumbsup:

4. ILived1984!

ILived1984! Patron with Honors

Great idea, however when I first worked out in my head what this would entail I almost imploded. One org alone would take forever as the staff turnover rates are high, particularly in Class V orgs. Moreover, post changes happen at the drop of a hat and continually. I was posted on 5 differnt posts during a 2 week period once. I'm talking set up and starting to go. I do like the idea and it's a shame nothing was ever set up. It would be great to see these!

5. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

You'd need a relational database at the very least, and, in order to be useful, it would need numerous categories, name, ORG(S!!!), time joined, when left, Posts, marriages, Sea Org, public, staff with times.

Agreed, if it could be done, it could be very valuable, but, it's only slightly less daunting a project than the Human Genome. And, *that* was merely unknowns, not things being actively hidden.

Zinj

6. Been Done Had

Been Done Had Patron with Honors

Could be the start of a new science, the State Department has Sovietologists in the cold war, now we need Scientologyologists.

Seriously though, it would be a fun and interesting project, like a facebook with a page for each org. Old mags would be a perfect resource.

7. Megalomaniac

Well, we could start with just the top posts.

Please correct me, I think I'm wrong on some of this:

RTC Chairman of the Board
    1982-2009 David Miscavige
    2009- (abandoned)

Senior C/S International
    1963?-196X Mary Sue Hubbard
    196X-1982 David Mayo
    1982-2009 Ray Mithoff

Guardian's Office/OSA
    196X-1980 Mary Sue Hubbard
    Heber Jentsch ?
    -2007 Mike Rinder

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Go for it. That was my idea when I put it together at the end of 2005. So far the only org that has anything like that at all is AOSHUK, which I did and someone else added a few names to it.

http://scientology.wikia.com/wiki/AOSHUK (scroll down)

Rah rah.

Paul

9. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

I think it is a great idea Megalomaniac.

I would input some data, and I believe it would show the growth rate of the fastest growing cult in the world. Exseaorg could help too as well as the FZ.

I know my local org is less than half the size it was in the early 80's. But then again I left.:D

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Great. No need to wait. There's already a page for your org at www.scienowiki.org. Sign up for a free account - only needs a user name and password. If you edit without an account it will show your IP address in the changes log, so get an account.

Paul

11. Megalomaniac

Most of my good new ideas either aren't good or aren't new. :hmmph:

Thanks, Paul. I'll get over there and add what I know.