What's new

Specials on Quantum E-Meter

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just got an email from Bridge saying there are now specials on the Quantum. So they'll probably unload these and then say you have to buy the new one when GAT II comes out. Who knows how long they'll delay that though.

Div6

Crusader
Just got an email from Bridge saying there are now specials on the Quantum. So they'll probably unload these and then say you have to buy the new one when GAT II comes out. Who knows how long they'll delay that though.

How much? I need to adjust my ebay prices accordingly....:D

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I just checked, and so far no-one has trademarked "Mark VIII" in regard to electronic instruments, so maybe they are going to call it something else.

We were discussing a new name on the chat box here a week or so ago because they hadn't trademarked that one, something like Quantum or Pentium.

Our suggestion was the Phuctum. :)

Paul

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I just checked, and so far no-one has trademarked "Mark VIII" in regard to electronic instruments, so maybe they are going to call it something else.

We were discussing a new name on the chat box here a week or so ago because they hadn't trademarked that one, something like Quantum or Pentium.

Paul

or sphinxter...

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
there's always the Cryptonium, which could be marketed in various colors, such as Red Cryptonium, Green Cryptonium etc. and would have special significance in the Stupor Power Rundown.

Zinj

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron

Paul

The official name of the thing is Hubbard Mark VIII Ultra E-meter. They might not want to trademark it beforehand so as ''ensure'' the information doesn't leak. (Of course, that would also open the opportunity for someone else to trademark the name, so I don't know if it is such a good idea to leave it to the last minute...)

I prefer to call it the MK Ultra meter, as the name -- like a few other things in DM-ology -- seems to have been inspired by that project.

Specials on the Quantum would seem to indicate an impending release of the new meter.

BTW, DM has predicted he will make $50,000,000 for his non-profit enterprise on the night of the release of the new e-meter.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
The official name of the thing is Hubbard Mark VIII Ultra E-meter. They might not want to trademark it beforehand so as ''ensure'' the information doesn't leak. (Of course, that would also open the opportunity for someone else to trademark the name, so I don't know if it is such a good idea to leave it to the last minute...)

I prefer to call it the MK Ultra meter, as the name -- like a few other things in DM-ology -- seems to have been inspired by that project.

Specials on the Quantum would seem to indicate an impending release of the new meter.

BTW, DM has predicted he will make $50,000,000 for his non-profit enterprise on the night of the release of the new e-meter.

The MK Ultra for the 21st century! :nervous:

The trademarking/design registering will need to be done well prior to it's release on the street. I don't know much about intellectual property registering, etc, but I think it takes a bit of time to go through all the needed processes. So my guess is that somewhere on the world's databases, this MK Ultra meter will feature.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
After a metasearch of Earth government databases using state-of-the-art Marcabian software, the following turned up in New Zealand. That was the first hit. There may be similar documents in dozens of other countries, but it was expensive to rent the software so I stopped at that point. Well, some nice person sent me the data.

Designs Number 406961, 2, 3 are relevant. I couldn't see how to simply copy the pictures, so I ended up printing one and photographing it!

The newer design is from above, the other one that looks like a modified Mark VII comes from a related 33-page highly-detailed description which is older.

The buttons are three for the time/date/language; three for sensitivity; a battery test; on/off; trim.

Yeah, good idea Davey not to trademark the name for security purposes!

Paul

Attachments

• phuctum1.jpg
    phuctum1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 161

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Metero Novis

The molecular/atomic/subatomic/quantum level structure has actually been altered by the OTs so that a new element has been created with a 1/2 life of 3.5 quadrillion years!!

They have dubbed it Hubbardium.

And the battery is self recharging. It gets it's energy from the TA that is burned off during the session.

The better the auditor the better the self recharge.

If you see an auditor plugging it in to recharge it then you know he needs to be sent to cramming because he has not been getting adequate TA during the sessions.

Rd00

Div6

Crusader
After a metasearch of Earth government databases using state-of-the-art Marcabian software, the following turned up in New Zealand. That was the first hit. There may be similar documents in dozens of other countries, but it was expensive to rent the software so I stopped at that point. Well, some nice person sent me the data.

Designs Number 406961, 2, 3 are relevant. I couldn't see how to simply copy the pictures, so I ended up printing one and photographing it!

The newer design is from above, the other one that looks like a modified Mark VII comes from a related 33-page highly-detailed description which is older.

The buttons are three for the time/date/language; three for sensitivity; a battery test; on/off; trim.

Paul

Damn that is one ugly looking meter, Paul. And look at all the extra buttons!
I guess that justifies the 3000% markup.

Reasonable Lady

Patron with Honors
Metero Novis

The molecular/atomic/subatomic/quantum level structure has actually been altered by the OTs so that a new element has been created with a 1/2 life of 3.5 quadrillion years!!

They have dubbed it Hubbardium.

And the battery is self recharging. It gets it's energy from the TA that is burned off during the session.

The better the auditor the better the self recharge.

If you see an auditor plugging it in to recharge it then you know he needs to be sent to cramming because he has not been getting adequate TA during the sessions.

Rd00

And a REALLY good auditor can get enough TA off to recharge the meter AND sell power back to the power company!:roflmao:

RL

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'll be damned -- there it is. A pretty crappy rendition, but certainly is the "new" meter (now over 3 years old, still awaiting release...).

The release could happen this year, although such plans have the tendency to fall through, and it would take a miracle to happen. Based on the speed the preparations have gone for the past 9 years, it is more realistic to expect it to happen around 2011, if there are still parishioners left to release it to. In the balance is that the meters are probably going to have to be modified to try and keep up with computer technology advances. Besides, in a couple of years the design won't look that new. In relation to the current meter, yes, but in relation to other modern technology, MK Ultra 8 is in danger of becoming outmoded before release.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors

Paul

Here is a picture of the meter from a post from Emma earlier on this site. I'm not sure if I'm putting this link in correctly. I don't know how to put the picture in this link.

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=1412&highlight=Mark+VIII+Ultra+meter

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I never saw that whole thread until just now. I think August 2007 was a time I was off ESMB trying to have a life instead before I gave up.

Would it be hard to retrofit them with a USB connector instead of a serial port?

Paul

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can hear DM now. "This new meter will take your breath away." Your TA will soar like an eagle when they tell you they want you to buy 10. You know for all of those people who aren't in the ideal orgs.:melodramatic: