What's new

Going Clear + Scientology Celebs: Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley & More

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Lots of news about HBO's documentary film, Going Clear, and yet no public statements from the scientology celebrities*?

*Danny Masterson did speak about Going Clear & scientology recently in an interview here: http://www.papermag.com/2015/02/danny_masterson_scientology.php

Celeb scientologists:

Tom Cruise
John Travolta
Kelly Preston
Kirstie Alley
Juliette Lewis
Giovanni Ribisi
Chill E B
Elisabeth Moss
Steve Howey
Sarah Shahi
Jenna Elfman
Greta Van Susteren
Erika Christensen
Laura Prepon
Nancy Cartwright
Anne Archer
Priscilla Presley
Lisa Marie Presley (<--- may be a former member)

Will any (or all) speak against the film?

Will any (or all) watch the film and leave scientology?

Predictions?

If any of the above-named individuals comments about Going Clear, please add the comment here. :)

JB

Re: Going Clear + Scientology Celebs: Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley & Mo

Any interviewers worth their salt will have to ask them about the shitstorm.
If they don't ask, the interviewers will lose respect amongst their peers.
But the celebs will set rules that disallow questions about the cult.

If someone like TC wants to prevent himself getting completely not-issed as a Star he will have to carefully negotiate and allow one or two awkward questions.

The question will have to be basically, "Is that shit true?"
Tom will have to say "No"

"So are Gibney, and Wright, and the apostates, lying......" etc.

It ain't priddy.

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
Re: Going Clear + Scientology Celebs: Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley & Mo

Any interviewers worth their salt will have to ask them about the shitstorm.
If they don't ask, the interviewers will lose respect amongst their peers.
But the celebs will set rules that disallow questions about the cult.

If someone like TC wants to prevent himself getting completely not-issed as a Star he will have to carefully negotiate and allow one or two awkward questions.

The question will have to be basically, "Is that shit true?"
Tom will have to say "No"

"So is are Gibney, and Wright, and the apostates, lying......" etc.

It ain't priddy.

I wonder how "Now I'm angry. Real angry. I am so fundamentally offended by your bigoted disrespectful questions about MY ecclesiastical religion of MY church . . . " will go down

:confused2: :giggle:

:drama:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

I wonder how "Now I'm angry. Real angry. I am so fundamentally offended by your bigoted disrespectful questions about MY ecclesiastical religion of MY church . . . " will go down

:confused2: :giggle:

:drama:

Don't worry, once he's finished the new, improved version of TR-L 2.0, he'll be as good as new. :giggle:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Which scenario do you think has a better chance to help a celebrity scientologist leave Co$?

Option (1): Celebrity scientologist watches Going Clear alone/of own volition?

or

Option (2): Trusted friend/family member of celebrity scientologist recommends Going Clear to celebrity scientologist before s/he views?

JB
(I'd vote #2, btw.)

Which scenario do you think has a better chance to help a celebrity scientologist leave Co$?

or

Option (2): Trusted friend/family member of celebrity scientologist recommends Going Clear to celebrity scientologist before s/he views?

JB
(I'd vote #2, btw.)

Option 2 allows a bit of face saving. "Wow, thanks for showing me that, has that really been going on?".

And on a deeper level, "Thanks for not leaving me alone with myself to watch that, because I would have looped into my cognitive dissonance and imploded and you would have come back into the living room and found nothing but a little bit of ash on the carpet, and a wisp of smoke that spelled out the words, "Gibney is an SP"

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Lots of news about HBO's documentary film, Going Clear, and yet no public statements from the scientology celebrities*?

*Danny Masterson did speak about Going Clear & scientology recently in an interview here: http://www.papermag.com/2015/02/danny_masterson_scientology.php

Celeb scientologists:

Tom Cruise
John Travolta
Kelly Preston
Kirstie Alley
Juliette Lewis
Giovanni Ribisi
Chill E B
Elisabeth Moss
Steve Howey
Sarah Shahi
Jenna Elfman
Greta Van Susteren
Erika Christensen
Laura Prepon
Nancy Cartwright
Anne Archer
Priscilla Presley

Predictions?

If any of the above-named individuals comments about Going Clear, please add the comment here. :)

JB

I predict that John Travolta will say nothing.
IMO, he has wanted to be out for many years but feels trapped by CofS due to "dirt" that would damage his life.

Sindy

Crusader

or

JB
(I'd vote #2, btw.)

#2 which might also include the celeb's agent or PR firm.

Sindy

Crusader

My guess for every single one of them will be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

OR speaking out against it but not many will do that either.

I'm thinking not too many will be courageous either way.

I give thanks to all the celebs who did have the courage to leave.

Techless

Patron Meritorious

My ignorant guess is that:

Anyone in the realm of "millionare-ish ness, celebrity-wise, is going to watch whatever the hell they want or wish to.

And: scn is very bizzy creating a PR pack on how and what to respond to just for them, just for the celebs, and this will only play out though, in a public version, IF and by those who are still actually maintaining and choosing to be under the spell.
Others will go way under the radar -as it seems many have already been?!?

point: it ain't gonna play out the way we all wish it could or might. Public/PR these daze is way more crafty than to let that or allow to happen. Both sides (scn + their celeb pawns) will each have their fair game version.

Only a guess - still dream though -

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

My guess for every single one of them will be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

OR speaking out against it but not many will do that either.

I'm thinking not too many will be courageous either way.

I give thanks to all the celebs who did have the courage to leave.

Jenna Elfman might get noisy about it for her ONE comment.
We will see. :eyeroll:

Sindy

Crusader

Jenna Elfman might get noisy about it for her ONE comment.
We will see. :eyeroll:

If she does she better watch the way she handles it because she can sound like a complete lunatic.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Celeb scientologists:

Tom Cruise
John Travolta
Kelly Preston
Kirstie Alley
Juliette Lewis
Giovanni Ribisi
Chill E B
Elisabeth Moss
Steve Howey
Sarah Shahi
Jenna Elfman
Greta Van Susteren
Erika Christensen
Laura Prepon
Nancy Cartwright
Anne Archer
Priscilla Presley

Predictions?

These people listed above are amongst the stupidest and most self-centered individuals in the world.

Frankly the only one that actually surprises me (not speaking out) is Greta Van Susteren. Her sharp observations and positions on FoxNews are generally geared up to reveal human rights violations, coverups and hypocrisy. How she manages to remain silent on Scientology--or, moreover, remain in the cult--is quite a mystery!

As for the rest, I regard them as pathetic.

Imagine, if you will, this happened in Nazi Germany. And instead of a repressive blackout regime--there was a FREE PRESS.

And the German celebrities of the day could READ ABOUT and watch FILM FOOTAGE of Nazi terrorism, brutality, human rights atrocities, concentration camps and genocide. And what if they remained silent?

Scientology celebrities are debased cowards. They have full media access to what is going on, but they ignore it.

Cruise and Travolta and Kirstie Alley are a disgrace.

I don't care about anyone's arguments that they are "brainwashed" or "victims". No, they are complicit facilitators, collaboraters and co-conspirators. Let's just call it what it is.

Last edited:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

The wise thing to do, apart from leaving, would be to keep quiet.
Like the cult should have done.
But Miscavige felt the fabulously entertaining, foot maiming urge pay for a large part of Going Clear's publicity bill from parishioner donations. Got to love him.

He appears to be incapable of not attacking and impervious to the pr disasters following his actions. Naturally, he would totally agree with himself, that his clubbed celebs should follow the same winning formula.

So I would speculate that celebs are being pushed to release a pre approved statement or give a hefty donation to the IAS and agree to promote narconon, criminon, cchr, reading programs etc until they drop the body or their fame/money runs out.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

or

JB
(I'd vote #2, btw.)

I think it would be 1 & 2 . The "1" component of whatever is left of own volition available in the celebrity Plus (2) 'trust' from the counseling friend/family member could be greater than the [STRIKE]bank[/STRIKE] 'Hubbard lies and tiny tyrant's death wish. But then again we are talking about celebrities here not necessarily rocket [STRIKE]scientologist[/STRIKE] scientists.

JustSheila

Crusader

I couldn't even begin to know what goes on in the mind of a celebrity. If not selfishness, what could it be?

The new emoticon works: :selfish: (Ems, did you put that in just for the celebrities? lol)

I mean, I know how rich people can become so separated from the middle and lower classes and they end up absolutely clueless. They live in a bubble world surrounded by other rich people and lose touch.

But most of the celebrities have some pretty normal families or came from normal families. They see the Sea Org every time they come in for services - the tattered shoes, the lack of haircuts or makeup, the poorly fitted clothes. They are aware of the living conditions. Tom Cruise isn't just aware, he sees the SO slaves as his personal cheap labour force.

Taking Tom Cruise out of the picture (since I think he is bizarrely insane), what's going on with the rest of them?

Are they so locked into their movie star images that they actually believe them (like crazy Cruise)?

Or are they simply completely terrified?

IDK.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious

or

JB
(I'd vote #2, btw.)

Option (3): Celebrity is called in via a fake tax audit. Injected with a mixture of glycol and alcohol. Taken to a 3D Movie Theater to watch it for 36 days straight. If the celebrity has not wised up, they will be driven to a nearby volcano with a hydrogen bomb shoved up their ass.

Jump

Operating teatime

Option (3): Celebrity is called in via a fake tax audit. Injected with a mixture of glycol and alcohol. Taken to a 3D Movie Theater to watch it for 36 days straight. If the celebrity has not wised up, they will be driven to a nearby volcano with a hydrogen bomb shoved up their ass.

Here endeth the lesson.

JustSheila

Crusader

:laugh: :hysterical: :hysterical:

[video=youtube;S0ZbykXlg6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZbykXlg6Q[/video]

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Even scn celebrities must meet wog celebs at times, and surely they would ask questions.:omg: