What's new

Vice News: Meet the Hairdresser Who Claims Scientology Is Trying to Ruin Her Business

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Excellent article on ex-Scio Lynn Fountain-Campbell who posts here & has long been a regular fixture on the Los Angeles protest scene. I have been to Lynn's salon many times & she's been forced to reinforce the place like Fort Knox to prevent various acts of vandalism showered on her over the years.

Lynn's salon stands between Big Blue & the Anthony Building (SO berthing) down the street. When SO staff are required to walk past her salon to get to the Anthony Building, they always cross the street & shield their faces from looking toward's Lynn's salon. LOL.

http://www.vice.com/read/meet-the-h...cientology-is-trying-to-ruin-her-business-873

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Re: Vice News: Meet the Hairdresser Who Claims Scientology Is Trying to Ruin Her Busi

Lynn's a tough cookie and she's doing it right. :thumbsup:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Re: Vice News: Meet the Hairdresser Who Claims Scientology Is Trying to Ruin Her Busi

Excellent article on ex-Scio Lynn Fountain-Campbell who posts here & has long been a regular fixture on the Los Angeles protest scene. I have been to Lynn's salon many times & she's been forced to reinforce the place like Fort Knox to prevent various acts of vandalism showered on her over the years.

Lynn's salon stands between Big Blue & the Anthony Building (SO berthing) down the street. When SO staff are required to walk past her salon to get to the Anthony Building, they always cross the street & shield their faces from looking toward's Lynn's salon. LOL.

http://www.vice.com/read/meet-the-h...cientology-is-trying-to-ruin-her-business-873

Yeah. I used to get my hair cut at Lynn's place when I was in the SO.

Nice lady.

She has titanium gonads to continue trying to run a business as an ex-Scientologist in that location.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Meet the Hairdresser Who Claims Scientology Is Trying to Ruin Her Business

Vice: Meet the Hairdresser Who Claims Scientology Is Trying to Ruin Her Business

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

The Church of Scientology's West Coast base of operations on Temple Avenue and L. Ron Hubbard Way in East Hollywood is LA's answer to the Sistine Chapel. The church bought the world-famous Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, painted it sky-blue, and mounted a giant Vegas-style sign reading "SCIENTOLOGY" on it. Viewed from the 101 freeway, the logo etches itself into the landscape of Hollywood, making sure passing motorists know who is in charge here.

Just 350 feet from "Big Blue," Lynn Campbell operates a hair salon called Shear Perfection. The shop is a stone's throw from daily goings-on at the church campus, prime real estate for attracting any of the devout who are looking shaggy. But according to Campbell, Scientologists get their hair cut elsewhere. The Guy Fawkes mask hanging in her shop window, and the sign that directs Scientologists to a number they can call to "blow" (leave the church), serve as giveaways that devout Scientologists aren't the clientele she expects.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: Meet the Hairdresser Who Claims Scientology Is Trying to Ruin Her Business

I haven't seen a posting from Lynn in a while. Am I just not visiting the right threads?

Anyway, here's Lynn at a protest in front of Big Blue.

[video=youtube;pTsjYP3EKWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTsjYP3EKWc[/video]

Update: she last posted here in Dec 2013.

pebbles

Patron with Honors

And Lynn remains awesome...

TG1

Angelic Poster

Lynn did my hair back in the 1980s. :) Hi, Lynn. Loved your place, Shear Perfection.

FYI, Lynn was old FCDC (Founding Church of Scientology. Washington DC) staff. She's a goddess to veteran FCDC staff. They all still lust after her.

:)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Lynn did my hair back in the 1980s. :) Hi, Lynn. Loved your place, Shear Perfection.

FYI, Lynn was old FCDC (Founding Church of Scientology. Washington DC) staff. She's a goddess to veteran FCDC staff. They all still lust after her.

I can understand that.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

She is a true hero of Scientology protesting.

lynn-campbell-is-an-ex-scientologist-hair-stylist-working-in-scientologys-front-yard-body-image-1424217653.jpg

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

This article about Lynn Campbell needed a second thread:happydance: The article is low key but effective, just like Lynn. Lynn even does her calm effective protesting for the article:

lynn-campbell-is-an-ex-scientologist-hair-stylist-working-in-scientologys-front-yard-body-image-1424219849.jpg

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

This article about Lynn Campbell needed a second thread:happydance: The article is low key but effective, just like Lynn. Lynn even does her calm effective protesting for the article:

LD, I just noticed your sig line.

Jeezus that's so on-target.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Was he the Senator from Hawaii? of a different guy?
Samuel Ichiye "S. I." Hayakawa (July 18, 1906 – February 27, 1992) was a Canadian-born American academic and politician of Japanese ancestry. He was an English professor, and served as president of San Francisco State University and then as United States Senator from California from 1977 to 1983.

S. I. Hayakawa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leland

Crusader

Oh....Senator from California.....1977 to 1983.

I use to serve him in a fancy Swiss/French restaurant I worked at on Capitol Hill, in DC. for lunch.

Interesting....

Moynihan Senator from NY and Tip O'Neil from Mass....use to come in too....and Senator Tower from Texas....

I wish I had paid a bit more attention...and read a bit more then...Sounds like he was a smart guy.

I was working there....to pay for my OT 1-3......

What a kick in the pants....

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

Was he the Senator from Hawaii? of a different guy?

Senator from California, but I know him best as a professor of linguistics. He popularized Korzybski's General Semantics, which was a favorite topic of John Campbell, and hence of most of the SF writers of that era, such was Campbell's influence. Heinlein and Piper in particular openly discussed Korzybski through their characters.

Through this connection to SF, Hayakawa probably was introduced to Laffy. Laffy's written SF never really grabbed onto General Semantics, probably because the goal of GS is to increase the clarity of communications, and Laffy most definitely had the opposite goal in mind by the time Dianetics hit the bookstores.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Lynn would occassionally post on OCMB.

JustSheila

Crusader

I hope she's doing alright, since we haven't heard from her lately. I've met Lynn, she's a scrumptious sweetie-pie and I just love her. We hit it off instantly and couldn't stop gabbing for hours. She is one warm, lovable, big-hearted woman. This is so messed up! :angry:

Tory knows Lynn. Maybe she'll let us know how she's doing?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I hope she's doing alright, since we haven't heard from her lately. I've met Lynn, she's a scrumptious sweetie-pie and I just love her. We hit it off instantly and couldn't stop gabbing for hours. She is one warm, lovable, big-hearted woman. This is so messed up! :angry:

Tory knows Lynn. Maybe she'll let us know how she's doing?

She's doing fine. I talked to her at the showing of 'Going Clear' last week.

JustSheila

Crusader

Thanks, Smurf. :) I wish her every bit of happiness in her life.