What's new

What's the LAMEST thing you ever heard at an org?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The runner up for me would be a guy who just finished OT3 and mentioned that one of his "wins" was that he could find parking more easily.:roflmao: But the winner has to be course sups were throwing a football in the course room at break and the ball hit somebody's meter and broke the stand. The sup then looked at the meter and told the upset owner the meter was almost in need of being re-certed and so the stand was weaker and that's why it broke.:thumbsup: This person is now a class IX auditor.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The sup then looked at the meter and told the upset owner the meter was almost in need of being re-certed and so the stand was weaker and that's why it broke.:thumbsup:

He really said that with a straight face? And got away with it?

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I got one.

There was this illegal PC at Melbourne Org who was continually being regged for training, loans etc. Then someone found out that he had an untouched retirement plan worth over $90k. The plan was to reg him for his entire Bridge and use the fact that he'd paid for it as part of his petition. The guy had had extensive heavy psych drugs and was never going to be allowed auditing.

Later I argued that this was wrong and was an overt reg cycle. The reg turned around to me and said - "It might be an overt reg cycle, but he's still doing something to pull it in."

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I got one.

There was this illegal PC at Melbourne Org who was continually being regged for training, loans etc. Then someone found out that he had an untouched retirement plan worth over $90k. The plan was to reg him for his entire Bridge and use the fact that he'd paid for it as part of his petition. The guy had had extensive heavy psych drugs and was never going to be allowed auditing.

Later I argued that this was wrong and was an overt reg cycle. The reg turned around to me and said - "It might be an overt reg cycle, but he's still doing something to pull it in."

:omg: :no: :no:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
:pullhair:
I got one.

:spacecraft:

OH MY F***ING GOD!!!

Rd00

diablo

Patron
Ok ok ok, this is a true lame stuff made by CO FOLO He asked to a parishioner money loan (in order to pay the rent of Polanco Org). Then the parishioner tooka a loan from a shark and gave it to this ass... The rent was paid and the parishioner was looking for the guy who asked the loan to him (CO FOLO). So CO FOLO showed to him the finances system screen and told him this:
- Your money was inserted on your account for auditing services - (this is the worst 1.1 trick in the world...
So the parishioner wrote several krs on him but hey, nobody looked at this cycle anymore. The parishioner paid to the sharks the money back and never got it back from the Org. Oh! and btw that Org doesn't have ANY AUDITOR.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got one.

OH MY GAWD. That is horrible.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I don't know about lamest, but one of the saddest things I saw was when my senior's husband died of a heart attack. They were a fantastic couple and she was just so devastated, so despairing. What was the solution? She was pushed to join the SO... Sadly, she did, and ended up at INT in the RPF eventually.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I was stuck in the middle of my FPRD Basic list for 8 years.

I was floundering around trying to get the money to get into the HGC to finish it. It was probably going to be $28,000 at $4,000 an intensive to be able to complete. (I know, what can I say? I have such a high responsibility level that EVERY QUESTION READ on that list :D.)

Anyway....

In some kind of desparate attempt to "get closer to Source" as a handling, I join staff at a little mission in South Pasadena. It was me and just one other person, the mission holder, who was an un-interned Class 4 who was afraid to audit.

I ran the course room. No money, of course, but my wife had a good job, and I had worked before while she was on staff. So it was barely workable.

Over time, a friend and very good Class 8 field auditor, Melanie Murray, pops up and tells me that there is a little known issue on Vol 5 OEC that says that contracted staff can get auditing at greatly reduced prices.

So she agrees to finish my FPRD Basic list for $500 per intensive. The mission needs WDAHS, so we write invoices for each intensive thru the mission so it can use the SSO stats, and the mission holder can look like she is auditing.

I'm wailing away on the FPRD. Excellent auditing and SUCH a relief to be out from under all that introverted "I wonder if everything I think is an evil purpose" type inner situation I had been under so long.

And then, I get a divorce, and I need to find a job that pays money now. So I find a way to become a course sup and actually get paid for it! But it requires that I transfer to the San Fernando Valley mission from the South Pasadena Mission.

I write up a CSW and it, of course, is DISAPPROVED.

So then I start the Leaving Staff Routing Form and start searching for my replacement. Well, I am, of course BLOWING STAFF and I will need to pay a $48,000 freeloader's debt if I am ever to get service again.

How's that?

Well, since it took 12 Intensives for me to complete :D, then that will all be charged to me at full prices, even though the mission did not do anything to deliver it at all but invoice me.

I told the mission holder that it was just a control mechanism and she knew it. She knew there was no justice or even ethics in that tactic. She had been told to do this handling on me by the CO SMI WUS. She looked very distressed that she had done this kind of thing to me.

A few weeks later, she signs a contract to work at LA Day to get them to go "Saint Hill Size", and Ray Mithoff regged her for it, knowing that she was a sitting mission holder. She takes the post at LA Day and stops showing up at the mission.

So now it is just me at the mission, running everything by myself, and getting yelled at for not "making it go right", while being held there under threat of a $48,000 freeloader's debt.

I had to take a shitty job during the day to make ends meet. I was living in a hovel near the complex in Hollywood, barely scraping by and working, literally, 6 days per week, from 7am to 11:30pm Mon thru Friday, all day Saturday, and on course, of course, all day Sunday.

I was on course on the BC one day and I looked up the word "Slavery" in the Encyclopedia Britannica. One sub-heading under Slavery was "Indentured Servitude".

I read it carefully, looking up and clearing every word. I demoed things out, I drew pictures of stick people on pieces of paper. I squinted my eyes and I thought and thought....

And then, I and had a huge cognition.

I had been enslaved by the Church of Scientology!

Mary

Patron with Honors
Bloody 'ell! This is how they 'standardly' treat the very best and most valuable staff members. Unbelieveable stupidity by management!

So glad you had that cognition.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
(snip)
"I had been enslaved by the Church of Scientology!"

It looks to me that you were enslaved by Alanzo.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
During one spell through which we were all starving particularly more acutely than normal at FCDC Jeannie Franks stood up in front of a morning muster and had people verbalize their considerations about how wanting to eat was a silly thing to let bother your workflow. And Jay Armstrong goes "having Scientology and no food is better than having food and no Scientology" and that, like, was the big winner.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
During one spell through which we were all starving particularly more acutely than normal at FCDC Jeannie Franks stood up in front of a morning muster and had people verbalize their considerations about how wanting to eat was a silly thing to let bother your workflow. And Jay Armstrong goes "having Scientology and no food is better than having food and no Scientology" and that, like, was the big winner.

Was she one of these breatharian people? :confused2:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
(snip)

Do I understand you right? - You mean to say that whatever crap Hubbard said is intirely non-causative, and not the reason that anyone got caught in the mind trap? - In a way I agree.. Hubbards promises were too good to be true. We should have seen that scam right away, as indeed most people do. Also, Hubbards scary tales about our 'reactive mind'. We should have seen the conman at work there too.. All the 'authority' buildup in the cult. Ethics threats... We should have recognised that for utter crap.. We really should!

So it's all our own fault...

Yiikes!! - That's just how Hubbard and the Cult did it!!

Quick! - Back to blaming the cosmic asshole Hubbard, the Terror Midget
and the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology!!

Sheeesh! - They almost got me there!!!

:nervous:

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do I understand you right? - You mean to say that whatever crap Hubbard said is intirely non-causative, and not the reason that anyone got caught in the mind trap? - In a way I agree.. Hubbards promises were too good to be true. We should have seen that scam right away, as indeed most people do. Also, Hubbards scary tales about our 'reactive mind'. We should have seen the conman at work there too.. All the 'authority' buildup in the cult. Ethics threats... We should have recognised that for utter crap.. We really should!

So it's all our own fault...

Yiikes!! - That's just how Hubbard and the Cult did it!!

Quick! - Back to blaming the cosmic asshole Hubbard, the Terror Midget
and the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology!!

Sheeesh! - They almost got me there!!!

:nervous:

I believe the way one grows is accepting knowledge of who one is, including past actions. Blaming anyone for anything is likely to forestall this growth. That isn't to say anyone is wrong for being any way they want to be. Or that people aren't contemptible at times. But your best gift to yourself is likely letting go of it, when you feel like it. You make your trap and you can unmake it if you want to. That is also the surest way to stay out of such problems in the future.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did not see this or hear this directly, but I fully trusted the source of the story.

A couple is in the chaplain office at Flag. The husband hits the wife during the cycle with the chaplain and the chaplain sees this - they are in the chaplain's office.

This did NOT get written up, since the husband was a big donor - donated a lot of money to all the various things you can donate money to.

I truly could not believe that this guy got away with hitting his wife in the face (fist, I believe it was) while sitting in front of the chaplain.

But I experienced similar with my 2nd husband. He was OT V and I was a little Clear - he could say the most outlandish things and accuse me of the biggest BS and he'd never get in trouble. Because he was OT V.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
@Nexus : Sure! - The concept that one should be responsible is ok.. It's workable and healthy.. It's one thing that Hubbard said that IS true... It was THE thing I liked most about the 'philosophy' of the cult.

However.. It gets overdone, misapplied and used for mindbending in the scamcult. Recall the idea of 'pulling stuff in'!

And it is indeed used intensively by the scamcult to make itself not responsible, or guilty, of anything... Erhm.. Lemme' corract that a bit.. Anything bad ain't their fault. Bad results is the 'customers' own fault.. Hubbard and the Cult assumes credit for all the good results.

It's really just management of blame, shame and regret...

:yes:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
(snip)

My cognition actually had the same effect of realizing that I had been enslaved by Alanzo.

Because from there on out, I did nothing but create more and more freedom for myself.

From that cog on, I worked to increase my own freedom by spotting the tyranny and enslavement that I had allowed so much influence over me. I was continually shocked to find so many enslaving ideas and tyrannical hooks in me from my participation in, and agreement with, the teachings of L Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

And here I am today, with the Church of Scientology in my dim past, and more and more people realizing that Scientology is a destructive, enslaving cult, and determined to never let it happen to them.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Scientology would ever try to enslave me.

After all, I was on a Bridge to Total Freedom, wasn't I?