What's new

Marty Rathbun Is Scientology's Public Enemy No. 1. And He's Okay with That

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Shocking riposte from Mr Alan Dille in the comments of that article :eyeroll:
my head hurts after reading his 2000 words! Oh boy, is Mr. Alan Dille CERTAIN!!! Absolutely, positivly CERTAIN!! Nothing better than a true believer to spread the word :thumbsup:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Shocking riposte from Mr Alan Dille in the comments of that article :eyeroll:

Thank you, Yss! His comments were worth suspending all my ad blockers and cookie trackers to read what he wrote and make my own comment.

Welcome! It's nice to have you here. :clap:

MissWog

Thank you, Yss! His comments were worth suspending all my ad blockers and cookie trackers to read what he wrote and make my own comment.

Welcome! It's nice to have you here. :clap:
Good catch Mary!
Welcome to the board Yss! Sorry I missed that in my repły! :hug:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
my head hurts after reading his 2000 words! Oh boy, is Mr. Alan Dille CERTAIN!!! Absolutely, positivly CERTAIN!! Nothing better than a true believer to spread the word :thumbsup:

He compares 1:1 with the best of the Bible thumpers, and looks just as ridiculous. He's got the truth and is going to heaven and is saved, and everyone else going to hell.

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
"The masses is responsible..." - Alan Dille

Apparently, his 43 years of courses didn't include English.:omg:

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
Great share!
Marty on ex-members: "They walk away quietly, in silent desperation." that's absolutely me for a LONG time.

I only felt confident about seeking facts and connecting the dots online after watching Going Clear. Other than that I have simply lived in total silence in fear of being declared and disconnected from family still in. Still trying to forget the matrix of tought, speak and think.

I'm so grateful to the ex members who have spoken out.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
"The masses is responsible..." - Alan Dille

Apparently, his 43 years of courses didn't include English.:omg:

I keep tellin' ya, they clear words, not grammar.

On a serious note, getting people to focus on the words and not the structures that hold those words together in packets of actual meaning is an important part of the thought stopping apparatus of the cult.

MissWog

He compares 1:1 with the best of the Bible thumpers, and looks just as ridiculous. He's got the truth and is going to heaven and is saved, and everyone else going to hell.
Exactly what I was thinking! I was very very close to my grandma growing up.. And she was as certain as this guy! Certain Jesus died for her sins, certain he was coming back any day now and certain we must all accept Christ as our Lord and Savior! I had in her my head while I read his words..thinking he is fanatical as grandma (she is still believing too at 93)

i guess the the difference is her church actually does real charity work, runs a low income nursing home and has full open books with member meetings and voting..fully transparent! I know this BC I grew up in this church and I was even there when the plate offering got counted (grandpa was an usher and they would let me come help sort the small bills)

few times a year they would have a meeting, it was open to all members, if you cared enough to stick around after the three morning sermons. Budget & projects plannings.. It was totally transparent and everyone knew what the Pastor and staff earned..and it matched their lifestyle!

Great at church if you want to check out the Presbyterian faith! Fourth Presbyterian in Bethesda, MD

Yss

Great share!
Marty on ex-members: "They walk away quietly, in silent desperation." that's absolutely me for a LONG time.

I only felt confident about seeking facts and connecting the dots online after watching Going Clear. Other than that I have simply lived in total silence in fear of being declared and disconnected from family still in. Still trying to forget the matrix of tought, speak and think.

I'm so grateful to the ex members who have spoken out.

Thank you for sharing too Phoenix

Gib

Crusader
I keep tellin' ya, they clear words, not grammar.

On a serious note, getting people to focus on the words and not the structures that hold those words together in packets of actual meaning is an important part of the thought stopping apparatus of the cult.

exactly, and I keep say'in Hubbard learned Rhetoric thru his Dean Wilbur.

And as Korzybski says, the map is not the territory, ie the bridge to total freedom is not the territory or the route made up by the sci fi writer known as LRH creating a bridge to go free.

Well, that's all and fine and dandy, that we agree. But then, how come the most highly trained people in scientolgy left?

Examples are David Mayo, John McMaster, Dr. Winters, John galusha, Alan Walters, Karen De La Ca Carriere, the list is endless.

Gib

Crusader
Exactly what I was thinking! I was very very close to my grandma growing up.. And she was as certain as this guy! Certain Jesus died for her sins, certain he was coming back any day now and certain we must all accept Christ as our Lord and Savior! I had in her my head while I read his words..thinking he is fanatical as grandma (she is still believing too at 93)

i guess the the difference is her church actually does real charity work, runs a low income nursing home and has full open books with member meetings and voting..fully transparent! I know this BC I grew up in this church and I was even there when the plate offering got counted (grandpa was an usher and they would let me come help sort the small bills)

few times a year they would have a meeting, it was open to all members, if you cared enough to stick around after the three morning sermons. Budget & projects plannings.. It was totally transparent and everyone knew what the Pastor and staff earned..and it matched their lifestyle!

Great at church if you want to check out the Presbyterian faith! Fourth Presbyterian in Bethesda, MD

People read the bible and become certain.

People read Hubbard and become certain.

Go figure.

What's the common?

Rhetoric.

I wish folks would read this:

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/reason/

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
https://twitter.com/alexgibneyfilm/status/586506444549136384

attachment.php

Attachments

• AlexOnMartyInterview.jpg