What's new

Ex-Scientologist Laura Mulhearn Go Fund Me to write book re: Scientology, not starve

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Ex-Scientologist Laura Mulhearn Go Fund Me to write book about Scientology, pay rent, go to college, not starve.

Posted as a new thread to get attention in case anyone knows or remembers her.

Laura Mulhearn Scientology Service Completions

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/l/laura-mulhearn.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Laura Mulhearn in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 3 individual completions for Laura Mulhearn appear in official Scientology publications:

Laura MulhearnSCIENTOLOGY DRUG RUNDOWN CO-AUDIT COURSECelebrity 2741994-03-01
Laura MulhearnSTAFF STATUS ICelebrity 2811994-12-01
Laura MulhearnARC STRAIGHTWIRECelebrity 2901996-02-01

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Tweet: https://twitter.com/lauralmighty/status/625000686577565697

attachment.php

Go Fund Me Page: http://www.gofundme.com/give-me-a-hip

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

attachment.php

UPDATE #11 4 HOURS AGO

I am writing a book about being in scientology since 1988.
I am starving to death and I can't find a job.
I need money to finish this project.
I can't pay it back.
I want my friends from Summit New Jersey to help fund my book project.

Please find a starving artist today and give them some money. Verizon wireless has hacked into my phone for 2 years so I can't apply for anything online or follow up on simple things or do searches on the Internet.

I am a cervical cancer survivor and I need to relocate into Manhattan for my medical situations and to finish my bachelors.
I need to finish school so I can accomplish my art music, and film goals. The National Theater Institute is where I would like to go after Hunter College. I will also go to New York Film Academy.
I am also trying to help my family with basic expenses.
I hope you do more than just wish me luck.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Attachments

• LauraMulhearn.PNG
    LauraMulhearn.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 226
  • LauraMulhearn-Picture.jpg
    LauraMulhearn-Picture.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 231

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Ex-Scientologist Laura Mulhearn Go Fund Me to write book re: Scientology, not sta

Uh, I don't remember her at all? Anyone else refresh my memory?

There's been literally tens of thousands of people in Scientology since 1989, what makes her experience compelling reading? There are MANY people that were involved in scientology who's story I would love to hear and would donate too, but I don't know a thing about this lady. Why can't she give any info. about her Scio background to give at least a hint about why it might be compelling reading or important to hear?

Verizon has "hacked" into her phone and that some how makes her unable to do internet searches or apply online? WTF does that even mean? She certainly was able to post a plea begging for money on GoFundMe without any problem. That sentence about "Verizon hacking her for two years" makes me think she's coo-coo for cocoa pops.

Also, she wants to go to live in NYC and go to film school? Ha, fuck off with that one. There's even more wanna-be film students with dreams of living in (the very expensive) NYC than ex-scientologists. The whole "fund my pipe dreams and give me money to waste on film school" really was the final straw the rubbed me the wrong way on this. If she needs money so badly there are almost any other city in the USA is cheaper than NYC - but I guess if it's other's people's money might as well go for the Ritz, eh?

It's a poorly done, poorly explained, poorly written, GoFundMe campaign ask/post - which makes me think donating money for her to "write" anything is truly wasted if she can't even bother to write a decent post introducing her book idea and asking for funding for it.

Edit: Just actually looked at her funding request, 80K? LOL. Puhlease. Maybe she should start a GoFundMe for 5K to get some mental health counseling because bitch is crazy if she thinks she's getting $80K for this bullshit. There are people literally dying because they can't pay for medical procedures in the USA, but I should give her money because she wants to sit on her butt write a book and go to "film school" in the most expensive city in the country? Yea, sure. When most people dream of writing a book, or going to film school (unless they are spoiled trust fund babies) they do this crazy thing called get a job (or jobs) and work their ass off to accomplish their dreams - and it's good for them. Makes them damn sure it's what they must do in life if they will work that hard to achieve - not just ask other people to fund their whims and wishes.

CommunicatorIC

Re: Ex-Scientologist Laura Mulhearn Go Fund Me to write book re: Scientology, not sta

Uh, I don't remember her at all? Anyone else refresh my memory?

There's been literally tens of thousands of people in Scientology since 1989, what makes her experience compelling reading? There are MANY people that were involved in scientology who's story I would love to hear and would donate too, but I don't know a thing about this lady. Why can't she give any info. about her Scio background to give at least a hint about why it might be compelling reading or important to hear?

Verizon has "hacked" into her phone and that some how makes her unable to do internet searches or apply online? WTF does that even mean? She certainly was able to post a plea begging for money on GoFundMe without any problem. That sentence about "Verizon hacking her for two years" makes me think she's coo-coo for cocoa pops.

Also, she wants to go to live in NYC and go to film school? Ha, fuck off with that one. There's even more wanna-be film students with dreams of living in (the very expensive) NYC than ex-scientologists. The whole "fund my pipe dreams and give me money to waste on film school" really was the final straw the rubbed me the wrong way on this. If she needs money so badly there are almost any other city in the USA is cheaper than NYC - but I guess if it's other's people's money might as well go for the Ritz, eh?

It's a poorly done, poorly explained, poorly written, GoFundMe campaign ask/post - which makes me think donating money for her to "write" anything is truly wasted if she can't even bother to write a decent post introducing her book idea and asking for funding for it.

Edit: Just actually looked at her funding request, 80K? LOL. Puhlease. Maybe she should start a GoFundMe for 5K to get some mental health counseling because bitch is crazy if she thinks she's getting $80K for this bullshit. There are people literally dying because they can't pay for medical procedures in the USA, but I should give her money because she wants to sit on her butt write a book and go to "film school" in the most expensive city in the country? Yea, sure. When most people dream of writing a book, or going to film school (unless they are spoiled trust fund babies) they do this crazy thing called get a job (or jobs) and work their ass off to accomplish their dreams - and it's good for them. Makes them damn sure it's what they must do in life if they will work that hard to achieve - not just ask other people to fund their whims and wishes.
Like I said, I cross-posted it because I thought somebody might recognize or remember her.

Though I must admit, I thought there might be some empathy -- if not sympathy (yes, I know where sympathy is on the Tone Scale) -- concerning her statement, "I am starving to death and I can't find a job."

Guess I was mistaken.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Like I said, I cross-posted it because I thought somebody might recognize or remember her.

Though I must admit, I thought there might be some empathy -- if not sympathy (yes, I know where sympathy is on the Tone Scale) -- concerning her statement, "I am starving to death and I can't find a job."

Guess I was mistaken.
If she wants people to take "I'm starving to death....." literally, she should use a more convincing photo, she's only received one donation of $25 in over 2 years:

446099_1369006474.5389.jpg

CommunicatorIC

When I read that I, too, thought that she might be mentally ill. Indeed, that was one of the reasons why I cross-posted the tweet and Go Fund Me information.

It just never occurred to me that her possibly being mentally ill would be reason for some to make fun of her.

Again, I guess I was mistaken.

Guess I was mistaken.

Anyone reading her appeal could be mistaken about all sorts of things, because she does not give details.

When I read that I, too, thought that she might be mentally ill. Indeed, that was one of the reasons why I cross-posted the tweet and Go Fund Me information.

It just never occurred to me that her possibly being mentally ill would be reason for some to make fun of her.

Again, I guess I was mistaken.

Is someone making fun of her because she could be mentally ill?
Which she might not be.
She is possibly a scam artist.
She is possibly someone with an oversized sense of entitlement.
She is possibly someone is who really is faced with horrible difficulties and needs help.
She could write the appeal in a way which gives a better understanding of her actual situation. Perhaps she needs help with that first.
When she writes that she is starving and then lays out an (apparently) long term plan which will take a few years which she (apparently) wants to be funded....shouldn't she be focussing on getting funding to get from A to B instead of A to Z? There is an 80k figure there. Does that mean that she is going for that amount? (I don't know how GFM works).

CommunicatorIC

Is someone making fun of her because she could be mentally ill?
I was responding to the following:
Perhaps I am overly sensitive and politically correct, but I was under the impression that referring to someone as "coo-coo for cocoa pops" was not the appropriate way to refer to someone who might be mentally ill, and would qualify as "making fun" of that person.

YMMV

Jump

Operating teatime

Good luck.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

I was responding to the following: Perhaps I am overly sensitive and politically correct, but I was under the impression that referring to someone as "coo-coo for cocoa pops" was not the appropriate way to refer to someone who might be mentally ill, and would qualify as "making fun" of that person.

YMMV

Somebody call the whaaaaaaabulance!

Where do I send your terribly sensitive internet humanitarian of the year of award to? How do you manage to function on the internet with such thin skin and no sense of humor or sarcasm?

You post A LOT of stuff and seems the sole criteria for much of it is merely the word "scientologist." You did notice she posted this campaign back in 2013, right???

When you post a fundraising thread on a board of this size you are supporting and promoting it merely by posting. You can claim ignorance of this and you are merely trying to post news, but the fact is you are promoting a fundraising campaign to a large audience on a message board and if you are going to do that you should take the time to actually do some research to see if deserves such attention or promotion, otherwise your are just spamming our board with crap. People do post fundraising threads on ESMB, and many are worthy of attention and support. But if people post ridiculous, scammy or offensively entitled fundraising requests it starts making people annoyed and far more prone to ignore the worthy ones that come up. Posting a thread about a vague GoFundMe campaign with no fact-checking, info, but two vanity head shots, from 2013 is spam - and it merely hurts current ones that have merit.

I'll also note she posted this PUBLICLY on the internet, asking for money - and that's really all it is because she provides no information and zero detail about anything so she's basically saying "Give me, I was a scientologist once and want to go to film school in NYC, hand it over." If someone wants to write a book, they may want to state why they have an interesting story to tell (I was once a scientologist really doesn't qualify, but would be fine for a blog post or posts here I'm sure.) Once people decide to post on the internet with their handout, they should be ready for any criticism that may follow if the reasoning behind it is flimsy, fool hardy, entitled or lacks any type of background information.

I find it offensive she uses the word "STARVING" in her post. She is obviously not starving, and it's offensive to use such dramatic language to grub money when there really are people in this world that are literally starving.

I think the biggest annoyance is your belief that people on this board want to read everything on the internet that uses the word scientology. We do have google you know. When people criticize something you post you start the butthurt brigade call immediately and it's ridiculous. You can't have it both ways, you can't post 15x threads a day and demand everyone clap - some threads are useful, some are not. If you haven't noticed you can expect people to call out or question the bad or bullshit when it's posted here.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors

Somebody call the whaaaaaaabulance!

Where do I send your terribly sensitive internet humanitarian of the year of award to? How do you manage to function on the internet with such thin skin and no sense of humor or sarcasm?

You post A LOT of stuff and seems the sole criteria for much of it is merely the word "scientologist." You did notice she posted this campaign back in 2013, right???

When you post a fundraising thread on a board of this size you are supporting and promoting it merely by posting. You can claim ignorance of this and you are merely trying to post news, but the fact is you are promoting a fundraising campaign to a large audience on a message board and if you are going to do that you should take the time to actually do some research to see if deserves such attention or promotion, otherwise your are just spamming our board with crap. People do post fundraising threads on ESMB, and many are worthy of attention and support. But if people post ridiculous, scammy or offensively entitled fundraising requests it starts making people annoyed and far more prone to ignore the worthy ones that come up. Posting a thread about a vague GoFundMe campaign with no fact-checking, info, but two vanity head shots, from 2013 is spam - and it merely hurts current ones that have merit.

I'll also note she posted this PUBLICLY on the internet, asking for money - and that's really all it is because she provides no information and zero detail about anything so she's basically saying "Give me, I was a scientologist once and want to go to film school in NYC, hand it over." If someone wants to write a book, they may want to state why they have an interesting story to tell (I was once a scientologist really doesn't qualify, but would be fine for a blog post or posts here I'm sure.) Once people decide to post on the internet with their handout, they should be ready for any criticism that may follow if the reasoning behind it is flimsy, fool hardy, entitled or lacks any type of background information.

I find it offensive she uses the word "STARVING" in her post. She is obviously not starving, and it's offensive to use such dramatic language to grub money when there really are people in this world that are literally starving.

I think the biggest annoyance is your belief that people on this board want to read everything on the internet that uses the word scientology. We do have google you know. When people criticize something you post you start the butthurt brigade call immediately and it's ridiculous. You can't have it both ways, you can't post 15x threads a day and demand everyone clap - some threads are useful, some are not. If you haven't noticed you can expect people to call out or question the bad or bullshit when it's posted here.

On another topic, I do believe the COS has already started a GoFundMe account, it's called the IAS. LOL

Those guys surely Hard Sell, she lacks the training and is only using a weak emotional appeal. LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

People using these appeals do no even know they are using these appeals, it's Axiomatic.

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime

On another topic, I do believe the COS has already started a GoFundMe account, it's called the IAS. LOL

Those guys surely Hard Sell, she lacks the training and is only using a weak emotional appeal. LOL

People using these appeals do no even know they are using these appeals, it's Axiomatic.

Except the IAS .. they use every dirty trick in the book to wring the last drops out of each member

... for the greatest good of course ( for the greatest number of Miscavige's dynamics )

on this planet

Go Slush Me.

Leland

Crusader

:biggrin:

Its "Coo coo for coco puffs".....by the way. :)

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

I quite liked the sheer chutzpah of it, asking for money for her university education, and then film school which was speculative.

Much more honest than a lot of the, 'Go Fund Me,' appeals which are really trips of a life time, but masquerade as charity, such as requests to fund someone going to climb Mount everest, sail in The Maldives, all to raise money for some worthwhile purpose.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

I know her she worked at CC as the reg in training. She would look at you like a piece of food. I'm sorry she is struggling but I agree that "give me money because I'm starving plus I need to write a book and go to film school" isn't too compelling. She was constantly asking for my money when I was in and now she still wants it lol.

Kauboi Junkie

Patron with Honors

I quite liked the sheer chutzpah of it, asking for money for her university education, and then film school which was speculative.

Much more honest than a lot of the, 'Go Fund Me,' appeals which are really trips of a life time, but masquerade as charity, such as requests to fund someone going to climb Mount everest, sail in The Maldives, all to raise money for some worthwhile purpose.

I think I'll start a response or anti website called 'Go Fuck Yourself'.

I really resent 'Go Fund Me'. I'm not discounting the worthy reasons or causes a few have used it for over the years. But mostly I find it to be distasteful. An outgrowth of the selfish "gimmee gimmee" mentality of our society. There was a time when folks were ashamed to ask for money from others. Now it's damn near commonplace.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

I think I'll start a response or anti website called 'Go Fuck Yourself'.

I really resent 'Go Fund Me'. I'm not discounting the worthy reasons or causes a few have used it for over the years. But mostly I find it to be distasteful. An outgrowth of the selfish "gimmee gimmee" mentality of our society. There was a time when folks were ashamed to ask for money from others. Now it's damn near commonplace.

Yupperz KJ, tend to agree with you. I just had a dealing with a person trying to raise 50k to go on a 'round-the-world sailing trip on a tall ship, oh be still my beating heart:melodramatic:, and I commented on her plea that in this day and age there are many more important issues, like child poverty, homelessness, all the world's social woes etc., and I wished her the best of luck. Needless to say my response was not well received~ "You are a rude person, but I see your point...blah-blah-blah.. but this is such a giving community.. blah-blah." I was not rude, just kind of miffed at this person's sense of entitlement, yes we really are a 'giving community' and try to help out those less fortunate as best folks can, but sailing trips, wanting a horse and riding lessons, or a trip to Vegas..... gah!
Over at WWP we haz the 'Go Fund Me begging Mega-thread', and frankly most of it is way beyond pathetic, gits mah goat so to speak, some is just plain saddening.

Sheesh.:yes:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Was fun reading but no bucks from me.

Somehow she just didn't look starving to me.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I'm shaking my head in dismay....Am I missing something or does there appear to be a certain lack of humility in asking for such stuff? Is this like a sense of entitlement at work?

Most ex's, at one time or another, have felt that their Scientology story might make a good book.... like, who would believe the crap we've been through? Then we find we are not alone... that there are many exes out there, and many stories out which share common elements we can all relate to and appreciate because we've been there, or we know another who has. Or we've read of such.... In my book, sharing to any degree and at any comfortable pace, what has been learned through the trials and tribulations before, during and after Scientology, have demonstratively been an important part of individual and group catharsis. Every story posted by an ex on internet is really like a book in itself, written from the heart, without expectation of not only making money off of it but of doing it on our own time and our own dime.

I find it odd to see such a go-fund me. If she was on the brink of homelessness, if she had no food or shelter, that would be different. I would immediately help her locate local services where she could obtain assistance , as nearly every community has resources avail for those really in need. If she needed guidance on obtaining federal and state student financial aid for school, hey, I'm right there to help her coordinate these things. But this is not the case.

I think this ex needs to come to ESMB and read the stories of others to see that she is not alone and her story may not be as unique as she may think it is... and it would be good then if she came here to share before even expecting anyone else to desire to fund her 'ideal scene'.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm shaking my head in dismay....Am I missing something or does there appear to be a certain lack of humility in asking for such stuff? Is this like a sense of entitlement at work?

Most ex's, at one time or another, have felt that their Scientology story might make a good book.... like, who would believe the crap we've been through? Then we find we are not alone... that there are many exes out there, and many stories out which share common elements we can all relate to and appreciate because we've been there, or we know another who has. Or we've read of such.... In my book, sharing to any degree and at any comfortable pace, what has been learned through the trials and tribulations before, during and after Scientology, have demonstratively been an important part of individual and group catharsis. Every story posted by an ex on internet is really like a book in itself, written from the heart, without expectation of not only making money off of it but of doing it on our own time and our own dime.

I find it odd to see such a go-fund me. If she was on the brink of homelessness, if she had no food or shelter, that would be different. I would immediately help her locate local services where she could obtain assistance , as nearly every community has resources avail for those really in need. If she needed guidance on obtaining federal and state student financial aid for school, hey, I'm right there to help her coordinate these things. But this is not the case.

I think this ex needs to come to ESMB and read the stories of others to see that she is not alone and her story may not be as unique as she may think it is... and it would be good then if she came here to share before even expecting anyone else to desire to fund her 'ideal scene'.

Yeah entitlement seems to be the scourge of society ATM. if you think your life matters, prove it matters and you do that by helping somebody else. Laura obviously doesn't understand how things work. She used to make me crazy. Her eyes would get wide when she would see me as I guess I was on the list of food particles to help her 'meat' her quota. It's sad to see people who have no clue of how to be valuable.