What's new

Independent Scientology Milestone Two More Than Six Months Late With Charity Filing

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent Scientology Milestone Two More Than Six Months Late With Charity Filing.

http://www.acnc.gov.au/RN52B75Q?ID=361F5ACD-9402-4422-B5E2-73CD5ACF8CCB&noleft=1

attachment.php

EDITED TO ADD:

PRIOR RELATED THREAD: Independent Scientology Milestone Two Being Deregistered by ASIC

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...stered-by-ASIC

Also, I wonder how much longer the following will remain true (assuming it still is):

http://milestonetwo.org/donations/

attachment.php

Attachments

• MilestoneTwoLate.jpg
    MilestoneTwoLate.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 243
  • MilestoneTwoCharity.PNG
    MilestoneTwoCharity.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
Re: Independent Scientology Milestone Two More Than Six Months Late With Charity Fili

Did I read on another thread that Milestone Two had dropped their status as company Ltd ?

If so, there may have been an unforseen consequence of dropping elligibility for charitable status ...

Interesting times.

:drama:

Edit: Thanks for that additional info :)

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: Independent Scientology Milestone Two More Than Six Months Late With Charity Fili

Thanks for the link
I have donated!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Thanks for the link
I have donated!

Cool!

What do I get if I donate to Milestone Two?

The COS is currently offering me a deal that includes supernatural powers, immortality, elite status, eternity and large trophies.

I want to "shop and compare" in order to get the best deal.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Hi Comm I/C, did you not realize when you posted the above thread post 2 weeks ago that it meant MS2 voluntarily sent in the application to voluntarily de-register the company? That this was not a disciplinary action?

I appears you misunderstood here:
Independent Scientology Milestone Two Being Deregistered by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).

The doc you posted shows
6/08/2015 029279904 Application For Voluntary Deregistration of a Company (6010)

Last 3 Documents Lodged
DateDocument No.Document typePagesUncertifiedCertified

6/08/2015029279904Application For Voluntary Deregistration of a Company (6010)Not Available
16/12/2014028934771Constitution of Company (218)7
$19.00Select uncertified document
$38.00Select certified document
16/12/2014028934770Notification of Resolution Altering The Constitution (205J)3

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...logy-Milestone-Two-Being-Deregistered-by-ASIC

Nonprofit company paperwork is often time consuming to run and keep up with the paperwork required. It can also be costly to have required forms professionally prepared annually. Sometimes this makes it not worth having such an entity. Obviously the board or whoever in charge didn't keep up with all this in a timely fashion and they decided as a board to call it a day by sending in the required form to de-register. Maybe it wasn't making money but I don't think that was their goal and purpose. It's a membership or association type group. Unfortunately, the issue is common... The IRS removes tax exempt status' every day to hundreds of groups like this because they failed to file the annual 990 postcard or 990 form 3 years n a row.

I don't like this group one bit but it was a responsible move on their part to apply voluntarily.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Cool!

What do I get if I donate to Milestone Two?

The COS is currently offering me a deal that includes supernatural powers, immortality, elite status, eternity and large trophies.

I want to "shop and compare" in order to get the best deal.

It's not about what your 3rd dynamic can give to you Hoax,
It's about, what you can give to your 3rd dynamic.

You give and you win! :confused2:

Jump

Operating teatime

Hi Comm I/C, did you not realize when you posted the above thread post 2 weeks ago that it meant MS2 voluntarily sent in the application to voluntarily de-register the company? That this was not a disciplinary action?

The doc you posted shows
6/08/2015 029279904 Application For Voluntary Deregistration of a Company (6010)

Last 3 Documents Lodged

6/08/2015029279904Application For Voluntary Deregistration of a Company (6010)Not Available

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...logy-Milestone-Two-Being-Deregistered-by-ASIC

Nonprofit company paperwork is often time consuming to run and keep up with the paperwork required. It can also be costly to have required forms professionally prepared annually. Sometimes this makes it not worth having such an entity. Obviously the board or whoever in charge didn't keep up with all this in a timely fashion and they decided as a board to call it a day by sending in the required form to de-register. Maybe it wasn't making money but I don't think that was their goal and purpose. It's a membership or association type group. Unfortunately, the issue is common... The IRS removes tax exempt status' every day to hundreds of groups like this because they failed to file the annual 990 postcard or 990 form 3 years n a row.

I don't like this group one bit but it was a responsible move on their part to apply voluntarily.

In fairness, 'is being deregistered by (ASIC)' doesnt specify the reason why, but thanks for the clarification AnonMary.

And do you know whether this affects the charitable status of Milestone Two at all? I think that is the heart of the issue.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

The doc you posted shows

Last 3 Documents Lodged

I don't think that Communicator I/C's posts contradict each other at all. Looks like Milestone 2 fell behind in their accounts, then filed for the company to be wound up. However until the company is dissolved, they are still legally liable to file accounts, which is interesting as Tom Martiniano, one of the directors is a die hard KSW, and knows his, 'admin tech,' right?:eyeroll:

CommunicatorIC

Yes, I did realize that MS2 sent in the application to voluntarily de-register the company. I never said that it was a disciplinary action. I not only quoted in that OP the same thing you quote, in that OP I made a point of putting the language in red bold. The headline of that thread, "Independent Scientology Milestone Two Being Deregistered by ASIC," was, and is, accurate.

AnonyMary

I think it's important to explain the different registries involved here and the steps each takes in this matter . It's good to have all the facts on this group and it's legal filings but this an in progress matter which will be finalized and noted on the records in due time.

asic-logo.gif

MILESTONE TWO LTD ACN 163 661 238

Collapse Company Summary
Company Summary
A basic overview of free information that can be downloaded or viewed in PDF form.

Name: MILESTONE TWO LTD
ACN: 163 661 238
ABN: 35 163 661 238 (External Link)
Registration date: 9/05/2013
Next review date: 9/05/2016

Type: Australian Public Company, Limited By Guarantee
Locality of registered office: GRIFFITH ACT 2603
Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...=1310211897379164&_adf.ctrl-state=9t319p0hk_4

Strike-off action in progress

Refers to an ASIC registered organisation that is in the process of being deregistered.
https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/HLP/references/glossary-of-terms/index.htm

Milestone Two is registered with both.

Name: MILESTONE TWO LTD
ACN: 163 661 238
ABN: 35 163 661 238

Charity ABN 35163661238 ( same as ABN without breaks, as initial registration came through

an ACN is noted online as a Charity ABN on the ACNC Register

So, what we do have is information that things are in progress and that MS2 voluntarily filed to deregistered with the ASIC - the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, who oversee business and other related registrations. And that the strike off is in progress. The Charities registry does not seem to be notified yet by either agency but they remain non-profit until deregistered completely. Once they stricken from the business records as deregistered, the charity will be delisted or noted as no longer a charity.

There are 3 registration numbers representing 3 different business related agencies in Australia

ACNC
The Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission The ACNC Register contains information about the more than 54 000 charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). Other not-for-profits will not appear on the Register.

ASIC
The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) is an independent Australian government body that acts as Australia's corporate regulator. ASIC's role is to enforce and regulate company and financial services laws to protect Australian consumers, investors and creditors

ABR
Australian Business Register (ABR) External site within the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). I

Acronyms explained
Difference Between ABN and ACN
It is not that all businesses with an Australian Company Number require an Australian Business Number. ABN is required for companies with an annual turnover of 75,000 dollars, non profit organizations with an annual turnover of 150,000 dollars, and if the company wants to get income tax exempt benefits.

Summary:

1. ACN stands for Australian Company Number, and ABN stands for Australian Business Number.

2. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission issues an ACN to the companies registered in Australia. The Australian Taxation Office is the authority that allots the ABN for companies in Australia.

3. The Australian Company Number consists of nine digits. On the other hand, the Australian Business Number comprises of eleven digits.

4. The Australian Business Number can be used in place of the Australian Company Number if it also includes the nine digits of the ACN.

5. This Australian Company Number gives the companies a unique identification number. The ABN can be used to find out more about the company and verify the details.

6. It is not that all businesses with an Australian Company Number require an Australian Business Number.

So what we are seeing between the MS2's pages with each agency is a coordinated and in progress deregistering of MS2 from both agencies.

Yes, they failed to file an annual filing, but they initiated shutting the whole thing down before it gets revoked.But, keep in mind that Narconon in Australia had 4 of 5 different registered companies REVOKED recently for not filing. The only one still active is hiding under the name Get Off Drugs Naturally, their dying Narconon operation in Warburton East

Narconon Anzo Inc

Narconon Victoria Drug Education Services

Narconon Sydney Inc

Narconon Perth Inc

More information can be found here
logo-gov.png

Current details for ABN 35 163 661 238
http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?SearchText=35+163+661+238

Historical details for ABN 35 163 661 238
http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?SearchText=35+163+661+238

CommunicatorIC

I think it's important to explain the different registries involved here and the steps each takes in this matter . It's good to have all the facts on this group and it's legal filings but this an in progress matter which will be finalized and noted on the records in due time.

asic-logo.gif

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...=1310211897379164&_adf.ctrl-state=9t319p0hk_4

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/HLP/references/glossary-of-terms/index.htm

Milestone Two is registered with both.

Charity ABN 35163661238 ( same as ABN without breaks, as initial registration came through

an ACN is noted online as a Charity ABN on the ACNC Register

So, what we do have is information that things are in progress and that MS2 voluntarily filed to deregistered with the ASIC - the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, who oversee business and other related registrations. And that the strike off is in progress. The Charities registry does not seem to be notified yet by either agency but they remain non-profit until deregistered completely. Once they stricken from the business records as deregistered, the charity will be delisted or noted as no longer a charity.

There are 3 registration numbers representing 3 different business related agencies in Australia

ACNC
The Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission The ACNC Register contains information about the more than 54 000 charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). Other not-for-profits will not appear on the Register.

ASIC

ABR

Acronyms explained
Difference Between ABN and ACN

So what we are seeing between the MS2's pages with each agency is a coordinated and in progress deregistering of MS2 from both agencies.

Yes, they failed to file an annual filing, but they initiated shutting the whole thing down before it gets revoked.But, keep in mind that Narconon in Australia had 4 of 5 different registered companies REVOKED recently for not filing. The only one still active is hiding under the name Get Off Drugs Naturally, their dying Narconon operation in Warburton East

Narconon Anzo Inc

Narconon Sydney Inc

Narconon Perth Inc

More information can be found here
logo-gov.png

Current details for ABN 35 163 661 238
http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?SearchText=35+163+661+238

Historical details for ABN 35 163 661 238
http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?SearchText=35+163+661+238
Thank you. Cross-posted to the WWP thread:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/in...n-six-months-late-with-charity-filing.130091/

CommunicatorIC

Narconon Anzo Inc

Narconon Sydney Inc

Narconon Perth Inc
So in other words, Milestone Two is in violation of the law, but they aren't as bad as Narconon.

Score one for the Indies.

AnonyMary

So in other words, Milestone Two is in violation of the law, but they aren't as bad as Narconon.

Score one for the Indies.

Yes, but the governments give time to correct it and Milestone Two filed within that period, at least for the charity documents noted as behind. There may be a few others things because of all the required paperwork to different agencies ( which most people will fail to do or remember unless conscience to keep up with these things or have an accountant do it for you. But overall, it looks like MST took the wise course and said 'enough of all this paperwork!' and applied to get out. They may have to file some more, maybe pay a late fee for past stuff but it will all be over and they will have done it cleanly. IMHO.

Narconon obviously disregards the law intentionally. Hence, 4 revocations within 2 years!