What's new

Declares, Libel, DA packs and Slander

An aspect of the disconnection process that isn't addressed enough is the slanderous /libelous behavior of the church. Because Hubbard has published his ideas that Scientology is above Wog law, he has opened the door for any number of abuses that would result in a lawsuit in a non-scientology business.

The big problem that Hubbard and all of the MAA's and EO's and especially OSA is that many of these people they are painting to be nasty SPs, is that they are in fact well thought of in the Scientology community. To suspend belief that the person is a good hearted person, they have resorted to slandering and libeling that person the members in good standing. They have to turn their public's belief around 180 degrees to convince them to disconnect from said "evil doer"

This takes place in several forms:

A) the publishing of the SP declare
This still occurs, but it is a private affair, the showing the SP declare to the public person (or staff member) in the privacy of the MAA /EO/OSAs office. This is an improvement - the declares used to be up on a bulletin board for anyone to see. One time I was walking to the elevator at the lower level of ASHO and there on the bulletin board was a declare on a married couple I was friends with - I called them up and they were not aware that they had been declared.

B) the DA pack
This is a pack (manila folder or booklet) saying all sorts of bad things about the SP in question - for instance - when I was in the throes of my own declare, OSA showed me the DA pack on Marty Rathburn, it had some reports, and evil ints ( intentions) from his auditing session. They have a DA pack on me that they show people. How do I know? People have told me they have seen it.

C) what you posted
I was recently outed on ESMB by an OSA sock, with the purpose of exposing my online name / avatar to the public person, so they could then cherry pick my hostile comments about Hubbard, Miscavage, and the church, to the person to convince him I harbored evil intentions towards the church. In this case they were successful - the person disconnected from me via a lame, lie filled email from his wife.

D) hate sites
They set up these sites that portray there, the SP in the worst possible fashion. Karen #1 recently did a video about her site and the manufactured lies they published. There is plenty written about those site so I won't take them up.

It is a wonder they have not been taken to court for this illegal behavior. For that is what it is - slander and libel.

Mimsey

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It is a wonder they have not been taken to court for this illegal behavior. For that is what it is - slander and libel.

Is it a wonder? Why haven't you done so? That's not meant to be an attack: it could be that your reasons are similar to others'.

I never bothered to go the few miles down the road to CLO WUS to read my declare back in 2004. I figured that it probably contained the usual lies but so what? I had certainly done enough to get declared per the published policies on SP actions, and I had no intention of getting into all the hassle for months/years of trying to "correct any false reports" via IJC or otherwise. Once through the somewhat-uncomfortable transition process of losing culty friends and my residence and getting new ones, peace of mind was the reward. Plus the freedom to conceive of and create PaulsRobot etc. Heh.

Paul

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology Inc always pushes the envelope.

I was in the last 3 years in litigation on a real estate Trust Deed issue. It had *Nothing* to do with Scientology.
But Office of Special Affairs of the Church of Scientology International, used their lawyers to visit with opposing counsel with a DA pack on me and tried hard to get the Prostitution Video into Court records !

So the Cult manufactured stuff, created slanderous misdeeds, twisted and bloviated on what I said in session and and sent Lawyers to my opponent's Counsel to "destroy me utterly".

There will be a lot more forthcoming on this. The CULT has been given a 501C 3 as a "benefit" to the community. But they are paying lawyers with tax free money to DESTROY a target.

The opposing counsel also told the Judge that Scientology Lawyers volunteered to take over and finance the case to fight me !

(Case is now over, full satisfaction of judgement has been signed, so I can talk more about it.)

One more thing, when they write to Media Lawyers, The Cult sends libellous slanderous lies and DA packs marked Private and Confidential under the guise of it coming from Cherch lawyers to Media Lawyers. This is a secret method of sending out the DA packs and lies covertly under *secrecy* of *Confidential Lawyer exchanges.*

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

I was in the last 3 years in litigation on a real estate Trust Deed issue. It had *Nothing* to do with Scientology.
But Office of Special Affairs of the Church of Scientology International, used their lawyers to visit with opposing counsel with a DA pack on me and tried hard to get the Prostitution Video into Court records !

So the Cult manufactured stuff, created slanderous misdeeds, twisted and bloviated on what I said in session and and sent Lawyers to my opponent's Counsel to "destroy me utterly".

There will be a lot more forthcoming on this. The CULT has been given a 501C 3 as a "benefit" to the community. But they are paying lawyers with tax free money to DESTROY a target.

The opposing counsel also told the Judge that Scientology Lawyers volunteered to take over and finance the case to fight me !

(Case is now over, full satisfaction of judgement has been signed, so I can talk more about it.)

One more thing, when they write to Media Lawyers, The Cult sends libellous slanderous lies and DA packs marked Private and Confidential under the guise of it coming from Cherch lawyers to Media Lawyers. This is a secret method of sending out the DA packs and lies covertly under *secrecy* of *Confidential Lawyer exchanges.*

For over 40 years Scientology's disgusting criminal behavior towards its critics has essentially remained unchanged. The hollow rhetoric of "we don't do that anymore" by the professional Scientology liars of OSA and the unbelievable dishonesty of their lawyers was demonstrated beyond all doubt in the case brought by Monique Rathbun, and the court record reflects it. I think Miscavige understood that the Judge's verdict, as public record, would have been absolutely devastating to future harassment/intimidation campaigns.
Karen, you know that Paulette Cooper experienced similar treatment from Scientology, as recounted in Tony Ortega's, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, and... and this is important... had the FBI not raided Scientology in 1977 and recovered the damning documents, the world would likely never have known the depth of depravity and the extent to which this organization would go in order to silence critics.

Anonycat

Crusader
Is it a wonder? Why haven't you done so? That's not meant to be an attack: it could be that your reasons are similar to others'.

I never bothered to go the few miles down the road to CLO WUS to read my declare back in 2004. I figured that it probably contained the usual lies but so what? I had certainly done enough to get declared per the published policies on SP actions, and I had no intention of getting into all the hassle for months/years of trying to "correct any false reports" via IJC or otherwise. Once through the somewhat-uncomfortable transition process of losing culty friends and my residence and getting new ones, peace of mind was the reward. Plus the freedom to conceive of and create PaulsRobot etc. Heh.

Paul

I don't think that was about SP declares.

From the DOJ:

Anyone who sends any online communication to deliberately frighten, embarrass, harass or otherwise target another is a cyber bully. The cyber bully can use instant messenger, e-mail, websites, diary sites, online profiles, interactive games, tablets, and cell phones to assault his or her victim. Most of the time, the cyber bully knows the victim, and most of the time cyber bully has been bullied too. Racism, intolerance, and fear can also play a role.

How It Works
  • Direct attacks are hurtful messages sent from the cyber bully directly to the target through email, social networking sites, instant messaging, or other forums. These messages might be anonymous or sent through fake accounts. They often target the victim relentlessly.
  • Indirect attacks or campaigns are widespread messages that hurt the victim’s reputation. Cyber bullies may start a website or a page on a social networking site dedicated to spreading hateful messages about the victim.
  • Invasions of privacy involve the cyber bully going through the victim’s computer or cell phone in order to find private emails, text messages, or photos and then sharing those personal details or pictures with others. Secretly leaving a webcam running and recording the target’s actions without their knowledge or installing spyware on the target’s computer are other forms of this cyberbullying

Hypatia

Pagan
An aspect of the disconnection process that isn't addressed enough is the slanderous /libelous behavior of the church. Because Hubbard has published his ideas that Scientology is above Wog law, he has opened the door for any number of abuses that would result in a lawsuit in a non-scientology business.

The big problem that Hubbard and all of the MAA's and EO's and especially OSA is that many of these people they are painting to be nasty SPs, is that they are in fact well thought of in the Scientology community. To suspend belief that the person is a good hearted person, they have resorted to slandering and libeling that person the members in good standing. They have to turn their public's belief around 180 degrees to convince them to disconnect from said "evil doer"

This still occurs, but it is a private affair, the showing the SP declare to the public person (or staff member) in the privacy of the MAA /EO/OSAs office. This is an improvement - the declares used to be up on a bulletin board for anyone to see. One time I was walking to the elevator at the lower level of ASHO and there on the bulletin board was a declare on a married couple I was friends with - I called them up and they were not aware that they had been declared.

B) the DA pack
This is a pack (manila folder or booklet) saying all sorts of bad things about the SP in question - for instance - when I was in the throes of my own declare, OSA showed me the DA pack on Marty Rathburn, it had some reports, and evil ints ( intentions) from his auditing session. They have a DA pack on me that they show people. How do I know? People have told me they have seen it.

C) what you posted
I was recently outed on ESMB by an OSA sock, with the purpose of exposing my online name / avatar to the public person, so they could then cherry pick my hostile comments about Hubbard, Miscavage, and the church, to the person to convince him I harbored evil intentions towards the church. In this case they were successful - the person disconnected from me via a lame, lie filled email from his wife.

D) hate sites
They set up these sites that portray there, the SP in the worst possible fashion. Karen #1 recently did a video about her site and the manufactured lies they published. There is plenty written about those site so I won't take them up.

Mimsey

And those SP declares are generally packed full of lies.

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
Getting declared is turning out to be a "Get out of jail free" card.

Once the cos realizes they have been shooting off their noses despite their face, they will realize their stupid mistake. Less people = less of everything for them.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOLOLOL - Reminds me of the Wizzard of Oz

"Libel and Slander and Declares! Oh My!" (Wizzard of OZ...

Well - welcome to the Wizzard of Regg (Flag)

Dorothy: [has just arrived at FLAG, looking around and horrified at the sad and lonely OOT"S filing out of their rooms, wafer thin and pale...she says to her Twin -" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more".

and yes, Dorothy - you are not in Kansas anymore - you are at FLAG!

She walks past the Regg's office and over hears a comm Psycho with the MAA - :omg:

MAA Wratchit: [stopping bicycle and getting off] Gale?

Registrar Henry Gale: Well, ARC to you, Sir Wratchit.

MAA Wratchet: [comes into the Gales' office] I want to see you and your Tu-Dee right away about Dorothy!

Regisrar Henry Gale: Dorothy? Well, what has Dorothy done? What has Dorothy withheld?

MAA Wratchit: What she's done? I'm going to the RPF;s RPF - she crashed ourstats

Registrar Henry Gale: Oh! You mean crashed your stats?

MAA Wratchit: No, our stats!

Registrar Henry Gale: Oh, she crashed my stats, eh?

[Uncle Henry tries to look up that in the Red Vol, but he hits her on the bumm]

MAA Wratchit: [exasperated] squeels - I am writing a KR on you Gale - you are never getting up the Bridge if I can help it.

DOROTHY BLOWS FLAG

She is venturing out to a Clearwater mall to find a phone and a computer to look up some stuff on the net...:coolwink: She finds a coffee shop and signs up to look some stuff about Scientology on the computer. She was so curious about "Going Clear" and Hurricane Leah Remini's new book - she wanted to know more....

Dorothy: Libel and Slander and Declares! Oh, my!

Dorothy: [after a pause] We must be over the rainbow!

[a bubble appears in the sky and gets closer and closer. It finally lands, then turns into the reincarnated soul of Mary Sue Hubbard wearing a spectacular white dress and crown, holding a wand]

Dorothy: [to Toto] Now I... I know we're not in Kansas!

to be continued....

-

Getting declared is turning out to be a "Get out of jail free" card.

Once the cos realizes they have been shooting off their noses despite their face, they will realize their stupid mistake. Less people = less of everything for them.
They will never realize that - to do so would make their belief in Hubbard wrong. They may think that privately, they may roll their eyes at some situation that has come on their plate, but they will apply his wrong headed policies until they leave the organization, and finally decompress. They may remain a Scientologist, become an indi or jettison the whole mess. Or, like some I know of, die on post and be carried out on a stretcher.

Who knows.

Sadly, they are in the thrall of his mind control madness, steeped in the Kool-Aid, and may God have mercy on their souls.

Mimsey

Last edited:

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
This fair game under whatever guise is a good thing and why protestors are winning

They're proving to the world that the stories about them are true; they have become nasty filthy inhumane cultists

keep exposing it

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
They will never realize that - to do so would make their belief in Hubbard wrong. They may think that privately, they may roll their eyes at some situation that has come on their plate,
Mimsey

One declared SP told me that she got so many calls during the Basics campaign. This really was an eye opener for her. Why was policy not being followed and A-E steps demanded? Why was she being regged for Basics as a substitute for plain old A-E steps?

It sounds pretty desperate to call the lists of declared SPs to get $$$. And this was when the Basics came out which was several years ago.

Anonycat

Crusader
One declared SP told me that she got so many calls during the Basics campaign. This really was an eye opener for her. Why was policy not being followed and A-E steps demanded? Why was she being regged for Basics as a substitute for plain old A-E steps?

It sounds pretty desperate to call the lists of declared SPs to get $$$. And this was when the Basics came out which was several years ago.

I got a ton of calls too. Elsewhere, I posted all the phone numbers they called on, as well as the exotic names of the girls who called. Finally, I couldn't resist - I said: well, this came out decades ago! Why are they new? She said, okay, I'll just tell you. It was insane transcriptionists. I said: What?! For all these years it's been wrong? And Hubbard allowed it? He never read the book, or the advance copy that authors are given before it goes into publication?! :crickets:

They never called back.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I thought lawyers were required by law to not aid and abet illegal activities........unless of course eccesiastically they are claiming their business is a religious one and therefore qualified to be exempt from the law.. Of course it is a secret illegal action and I am sure that a lawyer has never been found guilty of illegal activities which a carried out under the colour and cover of the laws....sarcasm off..:eyeroll:
Obviously IANAL, but I thought one aspect of laws was to restrict harm, not enable and protect it.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
For over 40 years Scientology's disgusting criminal behavior towards its critics has essentially remained unchanged. The hollow rhetoric of "we don't do that anymore" by the professional Scientology liars of OSA and the unbelievable dishonesty of their lawyers was demonstrated beyond all doubt in the case brought by Monique Rathbun, and the court record reflects it. I think Miscavige understood that the Judge's verdict, as public record, would have been absolutely devastating to future harassment/intimidation campaigns.
Karen, you know that Paulette Cooper experienced similar treatment from Scientology, as recounted in Tony Ortega's, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, and... and this is important... had the FBI not raided Scientology in 1977 and recovered the damning documents, the world would likely never have known the depth of depravity and the extent to which this organization would go in order to silence critics.

But who ever asks " Do you do that any LESS ?"

Slippery bastards.

But sloppy bastards, too.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

I got THREE COMPLETE SETS of BASICS donated to me.

Some well meaning but highly gullible fool was regged to send me a set of Basics to save me. THREE TIMES OVER THAT WAS DONE !

That is one hell of a lot of big boxes of books setting on my front porch.

No body wanted 'em unopened in the box !

Library said " NO SCIENTOLOGY BOOKS ACCEPTED ! "

Goodwill said " NO SCIENTOLOGY BOOKS ACCEPTED ! "

Rescue Mission said " NO SCIENTOLOGY BOOKS ACCEPTED ! "

So, right into the garbage can - What ? some Ten Grand paid for those books ? Ouch.

8-8008ASHO

Patron

B) the DA pack

C) what you posted

D) hate sites

Mimsey

I agree with you ! I just connected back to 2 friends. I was for almost 20 years in the SO. Lots of people really like me. Those 2 guys I connected back to, were so happy... they never got why I was declared. They did not say anything but did not agree with what they were told. They are too much stuck inside and would lose all their friends... Well I am in communication with them now. They are not saying anything about it "of course". They even are giving me inside data. Well I don't care about the Co$, I care about those people I used to be connected to and who are nice people.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Only once did I yield to the pressure of disconnecting - and that from someone whom I knew to be an honest to God, good person.

Some years later, I asked forgiveness from that person I so wronged & we remain good friends.

From the moment of that one disconnection I got in my heart from that instant forward no one but me would ever control who I communicated to or not.

That disconnection led me straight assed out of the cult - slowly, but, irreversibly forever out of giving control of my life to a guru.

I got THREE COMPLETE SETS of BASICS donated to me.

Some well meaning but highly gullible fool was regged to send me a set of Basics to save me. THREE TIMES OVER THAT WAS DONE !

That is one hell of a lot of big boxes of books setting on my front porch.

So, right into the garbage can - What ? some Ten Grand paid for those books ? Ouch.
That's not the worst of it. A friend of my son's worked for a scientologist business man - he had 2 -3 pallets of them in his warehouse. Another person I heard about - rents a storage unit for hers. So, let me enlighten you about which is better - to buy basic books or to give money to the IAS and become a patron. One you only have a small plaque to toss. The other you have cases of books & cd's to toss. Assuming a patron plaque weighs apx 3 lbs - that works out to $13,333 / lb so, since you are only paying $2-3 K for the basics and they weigh what? 75 lbs? That's about $40 / lb?

Gosh - that's a hard one to figure out.

But that's not the most exorbitant stuff you can buy - I think perfume is - I remember reading back in the 60's that a 55 gallon drum of the chemicals was about $150 and the average 1/2 oz bottle of perfume was about $50 and the bottles cost a few cents each - so that 55 gal drum was sold for $704,000 - seems like Scientology ain't in the big league.

Mimsey

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
That's not the worst of it. A friend of my son's worked for a scientologist business man - he had 2 -3 pallets of them in his warehouse. Another person I heard about - rents a storage unit for hers. So, let me enlighten you about which is better - to buy basic books or to give money to the IAS and become a patron. One you only have a small plaque to toss. The other you have cases of books & cd's to toss. Assuming a patron plaque weighs apx 3 lbs - that works out to $13,333 / lb so, since you are only paying $2-3 K for the basics and they weigh what? 75 lbs? That's about $40 / lb?

Gosh - that's a hard one to figure out.

But that's not the most exorbitant stuff you can buy - I think perfume is - I remember reading back in the 60's that a 55 gallon drum of the chemicals was about $150 and the average 1/2 oz bottle of perfume was about $50 and the bottles cost a few cents each - so that 55 gal drum was sold for $704,000 - seems like Scientology ain't in the big league.

Mimsey

I think you might have missed the word " donated " in italics.

I've yet to pay a penny for the " basics " or any other " revised " version of anything scio.
I may have suckered for round one of buying to begin with , but, repaying for their OP wasn't part of my end of the stick.