What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free Being Me

Crusader

KOAN DU JOUR: At the end of a course period at the Church of Martyology, does the multi-hatted Marty tell himself to stand and applaud a wall photo of himself?
I'll go out on a limb with a guess ... yes. :giggle:

martyaschrist.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

So, after viewing Rathbun's newest video, I noticed that his YouTube site has EIGHTY (80) viewable videos in chronological order.

The earliest ones chronicle his break from the COS while still recognizing and avidly practicing auditing. During that time he also was the self-appointed "guardian" of the besmirched reputation of L. Ron Hubbard. In short, a hardcore KSW Scientologist.

As time progressed, Marty began to find "minor outpoints" with the tech. Yet, he nonetheless quite fancied himself as the man who would salvage Scientology tech and save it from David Miscavige and the COS.

Thus the INDIE SCIENTOLOGY movement flourished at his blog. Ex-COS members came there in good numbers and many began their membership in Indie Scn by posting their "DOUBT FORMULA" using all of Ron's ethics, policy and auditing tech to showcase quite the chest-thumping proclamations of their own "insouciance", "integrity" and "courage". And, Jeez! They always had the identical result on their Doubt Formula. They chose the ethical and upstat side (just like in the good old COS days!)

Time went on. Marty began to even find fault with other Indies and (GASP!) eventually the dam broke--small "critical" remarks about L. Ron Hubbard began to quietly filter into his blogs and videos. This shook up the Indie world something fierce!

Predictably, other fanatical KSW Indies began to apply Scientology ethics and justice to the King of the Indies, Rathbun himself! This did not end well, with rampant recriminations, heads on pikes and disconnections.

Rathbun's videos and posts turned darker, and the frontal attacks on Scn tech (and Hubbard!) began to flourish and prosper.

And ultimately Rathbun sued the COS and ranted about the sociopathic nature of Scn and its vaunted tech. Rathbun went full blown SP at that point (in the view of Scientologists AND Indie Scientologists)

Later still Rathbun began to attack people who AGREED with his criticisms of Scn.

Later yet, Rathbun attacked virtually EVERY OTHER blogger, filmmaker, author, documentarian, whistleblower, journalist, and ex-Scientologist who did EXACTLY WHAT HE DID--criticize Hubbard and the tech.

QUESTION: IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE EXPLANATION WHY RATHBUN, HIMSELF, SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED TO BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE HYPERCRITICAL ASC (ANTI-SCIENTOLOGY CULT) THAT HE IS NOW ATTACKING?

WTF? LOL

I tried, but I could not even imagine how his cognitive dissonance could possibly navigate that kind of KSW (Kamikaze Scientological Weirdness).

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen and some say ... "wot appened?" ... I honestly think Marty is just going through what we all went through (or still are going through) but, due to his past position in the cofs and his personality type (dominant) it's going to be a helluva lot harder for him to ever accept what he got involved in and to be able to let it all go with his dignity intact.

It looks to me as if he still wants to appear to be someone who "makes things happen" ... he certainly doesn't seem to want to be the guy with a dopey expression on his face saying "wot happened?" after it's all over ... and I can't blame him for that.

:biggrin:

I suspect he would have liked to have been the guy who "showed us all the way out of the cult" ... one of his imaginary "troika" ... (preferably the one running the show).

I wish him well in his personal life but it seems as if he's another one who is now going to try and trash those who have done something positive to communicate to the world about a crappy, vicious, greedy cult and I'll never support that even if I agree with some of his opinions which (knowing me) I probably will.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
He appeared on mainstream TV in Going Clear and in the Louis Theroux documentary and he moaned about both of them. Now he has to watch Mike Rinder and Leah Remini being hailed as heroes for their TV shows.

It must be killing him.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen and some say ... "wot appened?" ... I honestly think Marty is just going through what we all went through (or still are going through) but, due to his past position in the cofs and his personality type (dominant) it's going to be a helluva lot harder for him to ever accept what he got involved in and to be able to let it all go with his dignity intact.

It looks to me as if he still wants to appear to be someone who "makes things happen" ... he certainly doesn't seem to want to be the guy with a dopey expression on his face saying "wot happened?" after it's all over ... and I can't blame him for that.

I suspect he would have liked to have been the guy who "showed us all the way out of the cult" ... one of his imaginary "troika" ... (preferably the one running the show).

I wish him well in his personal life but it seems as if he's another one who is now going to try and trash those who have done something positive to communicate to the world about a crappy, vicious, greedy cult and I'll never support that even if I agree with some of his opinions which (knowing me) I probably will.

Honestly?

The guy is not stupid enough to try and sell the crap he is selling.

It doesn't even make sense at any level that he is "attacking" an "anti-Scn cult". LOL

He has probably published (written/filmed) as much or more devastating criticism of Hubbard/Scientology than anyone alive. Considering that, what possible meaning would
"anti-Scn-cult" then have, if he is an active member of that cult?

It's insanity.

Yeah, he might fancy himself as a "LEADER" but the only reason he always seems to be a few yards ahead of the pack is that the pack continues to LAP him. He's really a straggler who doesn't know it.

This doesn't negate the good and great things he has done.

But this crazed trolling and these nonsensical wars that he keeps fighting are ludicrous at this point.

I can't even tell who he is against exactly or why, at this point.

Lunacy.

Get well soon, Marty.

John McGhee

Patron
Marty Rathbun strikes again.

Looks like Marty now the high quality production of "golden era" studios at his disposal. Hair and makeup for that man[video]https://youtu.be/ZFJdOhV29WM[/video]

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Honestly?

The guy is not stupid enough to try and sell the crap he is selling.

It doesn't even make sense at any level that he is "attacking" an "anti-Scn cult". LOL

He has probably published (written/filmed) as much or more devastating criticism of Hubbard/Scientology than anyone alive. Considering that, what possible meaning would
"anti-Scn-cult" then have, if he is an active member of that cult?

It's insanity.

Yeah, he might fancy himself as a "LEADER" but the only reason he always seems to be a few yards ahead of the pack is that the pack continues to LAP him. He's really a straggler who doesn't know it.

This doesn't negate the good and great things he has done.

But this crazed trolling and these nonsensical wars that he keeps fighting are ludicrous at this point.

I can't even tell who he is against exactly or why, at this point.

Lunacy.

Get well soon, Marty.

Well he seems to be saving most of his outrage for three very specific people (it's not hard to work out who two of them are) ... the rest of us are apparently just dozy sheep ... and together we form the ASC.

:lol:

He's just baiting ... but we don't have to bite, I expect his main message in the upcoming videos will be aimed at his three "ASC leaders" who he feels have wronged him ... he's a 60 year old man though so I hope it doesn't all get too childish.

One thing I won't buy (unless he makes it clear that it's true) is that he's back under the control of the cofs.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
<snip>

One thing I won't buy (unless he makes it clear that it's true) is that he's back under the control of the cofs.

Has he said or done anything since Mosey's attorney's were fired to show that he's NOT under the control of the CoS? :unsure:

His words and actions ever since make me believe he is under their control.

I would love to be wrong about this though and will eat beans and rice for a week if I am. :coolwink:

I'm grateful for Marty's contributions to "The Truth Rundown" and many other things, but would love for him to show a sign that he hasn't switched teams.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty is weird.

First, he starts the video by talking to an unknown/unnamed person off camera who doesn't say a word. Based on the first minute of him talking, this person works for some media outlet and is interested in documenting Marty's drivel but only on Marty's strict terms.

That's weird.

Second, he invents a delusion called the anti-scientology cult (and even invents/uses the acronym ASC for it) that is lead by a 'troika' of people. All the rest of the ASC 'culties' follow sheep-like, these leaders and the ASC 'bible', Going Clear.

That's weird.

Third, he expounds on this delusion despite the fact that ex's and others have used critical analysis and rational thought to thoroughly examine every word written and uttered by Hubbard and have found scientology and dianetics to be riddled with lies, exaggerations and deception. The whole video is an extremely poor attempt to discredit everyone who has criticized the cult using tortured, illogical rhetoric.

That's weird.

It appears that he created this video (and apparently many others) to try to be relevant and important again, like he was when he held a high and powerful post in the cult. Yet he lives a lower middle-class lifestyle, just like millions of other people. He's doing himself no favors and just appears desperate and needy. IMHO, he should shutdown his internet presence, raise his kid and do something worthwhile with the remainder of his life.

TexasLurker

Patron
Calling GOING CLEAR the bible of the ASC is lame. Like most critics, I read GOING CLEAR once. I don't read it, or study it, or quote it regularly. I think it was a good book and a pleasure to read, but I think it would be an even better book for people who don't know a lot about Scientology to read. When I didn't know much about Scientology, Miller's book was the mind blower when I read it.

I guess Marty will get around to splaining how GOING CLEAR is a bible in later videos. If this is what Marty is being made to do by Scientology for something they gave him in return, well, that's about the only thing that makes sense.

What, now the video is gone? Marty made you delete it or was it someone in the troika?

Since Marty has written books himself, it must rankle to make such statements about authors words being untrustworthy because they are "just in it for the money."

Your point about how a bible is actually read is good, but since Marty only drops bombs and refuses to engage with any criticism, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer!

I can't imagine too many people finding his new video convincing - who is the real audience?

Last edited:

John McGhee

Patron
Not very familiar with Marty Rathbun other than his appearance in videos, but this looks like one of three things to me.

1. He's got his panties in a wad.
2. He's drinking the the Kool-Aid again.
3. A combination of 1 and 2.

Or did he get a pocket full of cash and agree to do some videos?
You've hit all three nails on their heads. Marty was always a wrong 'un; never trusted him; was never one of us, even when he was helping the Underground Bunker. A turncoat and nutjob who was always hedging his bets

John McGhee

Patron
Take a look at thee calibre of whacko who post on his blog; sane people weeded themselves out of there on his invention of the "ASC"

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't even press the arrow to play it . . . . :unsure:

:puke:

But at some point, though, I guess I will, just to go along and be a baa baa black sheep . . .

Oh wait, those are rebels . . . :biggrin:

Well, eventually I probably will listen to him, the :nazi: :whipped: :bully: :horse: :footbullet: blowhard peon -
-just not this morn . . .
:eyeroll:
:bait: :nooo:

Or any morn - before tea, anyway . . . :spitcoffee:
Definitely not after a meal. :puke2:
:unsure:

Yo - Marty - your envy is showing . . .:hurt::sulk: :bully:

:sadsigh:
:shrug:
:eyeroll:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Has he said or done anything since Mosey's attorney's were fired to show that he's NOT under the control of the CoS? :unsure:

His words and actions ever since make me believe he is under their control.

I would love to be wrong about this though and will eat beans and rice for a week if I am. :coolwink:

I'm grateful for Marty's contributions to "The Truth Rundown" and many other things, but would love for him to show a sign that he hasn't switched teams.

I think we may be waiting a long time for any kind of sign from him about anything ... it seems to be part of a game he plays to keep us all interested and he's a contrarian (not a gormless sheep like us, lol!) so knowing (as he would) that we would appreciate a sign will just make him more determined not to give us one ... until he's good and ready and it suits whatever his cunning plan is.

grey crane

sp in training
It sure looks like someone paid for professional production of the video. I also suspect the script was a group effort - not the sole work of the host. The script is contrived to say the least. The only group I can think of who would find the video rational is active Scientologists. The only group who benefits from the thesis is Scientology.

skep

Patron with Honors
. . .
Could Marty's odd new video possibly have been shot at Scientology Media Productions,
the cult's recently opened broadcasting studio in Hollywood?

View attachment 13513
I'm not saying how I got this production set-up shot. Let's just say it was leaked
to me by an anonymous source from the inside. :wink2:

I don't know what to make of it. :shrug:

Well, I did say I thought it had good production values.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Re: Marty Rathbun strikes again.

Looks like Marty now the high quality production of "golden era" studios at his disposal. Hair and makeup for that man[video]https://youtu.be/ZFJdOhV29WM[/video]

The library/bookcase background....

I'm trying to remember specifics, but I seem to remember Scientology videos where someone was delivering a "serious" monologue...there would always be a library/bookcase background. Like that would position the person as being some sort of a well read intellectual.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.