What's new

Words can control you, study tech is flawed and brainwashing

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Buffets quote says "words", not a single "word", that's the difference.

Emotional reaction comes from words, and not from a single word.
IMO, it can be either single words OR phrases. Both.

For example, if I were to use words like "Satan" or "Jesus" on a comment on facebook with my christian relatives they would react according to their modern christian world view. If I used the name "Yeshua" instead of "Jesus" then reaction would be less.
(Although I rarely mention politics or religion on facebook.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gib

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
IMO, it can be either single words OR phrases. Both.

For example, if I were to use words like "Satan" or "Jesus" on a comment on facebook with my christian relatives they would react according to their modern christian world view. If I used the name "Yeshua" instead of "Jesus" then reaction would be less.

What about syllables? Or grunts and growls for that matter?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gib

Gib

Crusader
What about syllables? Or grunts and growls for that matter?
I think that is a valid point, as well symbols or insignia. Hubbard was much into symbols and insignia, for added much significance thru words behind those. Hubbard even trademarked all his words and insignia. ie clear symbol, OT symbol, SO symbol, dianetics symbol of a pyramid, etc.

Gib

Crusader
Yes he got me thats for sure...as soon as i felt a yawn i looked for the word ...i became obsessed with word clearing to the point of dreading course...
tell me about it, lol.

Can you imagine sitting in a movie theater run by scientology, LOL

Why every scientologists would say here and there, stop, I have a MU. Let me look up that word. LOL

Maybe DM would provide key words to look up and clay demo before watching the movie. LOL

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I had a clam friend that I palled around with in the 70's who would actually go somewhat psychotic and become enraged if I'd use words that he wasn't entirely literate on.
So I had an idea where I would desensitize him on "having to know" every fucking word in the universe so I tried throwing big ridiculous words at him while bull-baiting him during TR's.
He would nod off and could not confront another person when big words were being bandied about and accused me of being out gradient in my bull-baiting so I never tried it again but still think there must be some way to get a person past feeling obligated to know every word or symbol when it's pointless and entrapping to hold oneself to such a ridiculous standard and goal.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Scio indoctrination was sutured in among all the new word clearing dictionary definitions that went into our minds to the point we were no longer able to separate fact from fiction because it was all jumbled up as one unified input in our consciousness.
Hubbard's evil genius told him to mix his wicked lies all up with truth as found in the common dictionary and they'll never sort it all out, thus expanding upon simple sales techniques.
Truth poisoned by lies will all tend to be digested as truth, the royal mindfuck was set in motion and people just couldn't sort it out and break its bonds upon them.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard has set it up, with his own words for things, so that Scientologists, and many ex-Scientologists, cannot think or speak about common ideas without using Hubbard's words. I believe it is essential, in breaking free of the brainwashing, to avoid all of Hubbard's words. I think it is healthy to find out how to describe an idea using English - always.

Hubbard has set it up, with his own words for things, so that Scientologists, and many ex-Scientologists, cannot think or speak about common ideas without using Hubbard's words. I believe it is essential, in breaking free of the brainwashing, to avoid all of Hubbard's words. I think it is healthy to find out how to describe an idea using English - always.
yes I agree. I guess I am lucky in that before I read the internet, I just decided that my kids were the most important thing and not scientology so I didn't go in for 3 years even though I was surrounded by scientologists. It was noted mind you. And in those 3 years I stopped using the words naturally, I just had the urge to stop and the urge to use other words. I can't describe the feeling it just made sense - the cult speak had lost its grip...I just wanted to be normal.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
yes I agree. I guess I am lucky in that before I read the internet, I just decided that my kids were the most important thing and not scientology so I didn't go in for 3 years even though I was surrounded by scientologists. It was noted mind you. And in those 3 years I stopped using the words naturally, I just ha,d the urge to stop and the urge to use other words. I can't describe the feeling it just made sense - the cult speak had lost its grip...I just wanted to be normal.
I knew a Rose who was a 10 and a reg before moving off to LA where I saw her last, I think she had three girls & got off lines too after a few years.

Last edited:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Yes. This is important. I agree 100%. During the first year I left, I forced myself to stop using all the jargon. It was a huge effort, and not easy. And I still thought in his stupid words for many years. I had to search for what I wanted to express in ENGLISH!

It is a known fact that you can control people by controlling the language. I think he knew that.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Yes. This is important. I agree 100%. During the first year I left, I forced myself to stop using all the jargon. It was a huge effort, and not easy. And I still thought in his stupid words for many years. I had to search for what I wanted to express in ENGLISH!

It is a known fact that you can control people by controlling the language. I think he knew that.
I was really out by the late 70's but wasn't open about it till the early 80's as I was leaving my option open for my return if things improved in the world of Scientology - they got much, much worse instead.
But I come here because of the imprint that was made onto my thought processes during the years where I exclusively hung out with Scientologists, for years I lived in a house full of them.
The lingo comes back from time to time when I post but in my actual life I never have clam worlds slip out of my mouth anymore.
I find myself still exorcising Scientology itself from my core persona rather than bt's and participating in this board has helped with that a whole lot.