What's new

Hubbard rock slams

I read somewhere that hubbard had his folders checked and lots of rock slams were found. He was furious and somehow was then told he didnt have them. Now half of me says great its to be expected of course he would...the other half says hang on...but theres no such thing as a rock slam...because the reads are arbitrary and could mean anything....how can I rationalise this as my head got all spinny :dizzy:

JustSheila

Crusader
I read somewhere that hubbard had his folders checked and lots of rock slams were found. He was furious and somehow was then told he didnt have them. Now half of me says great its to be expected of course he would...the other half says hang on...but theres no such thing as a rock slam...because the reads are arbitrary and could mean anything....how can I rationalise this as my head got all spinny :dizzy:
A couple of Hubbard's auditors said things like that, but you'll have to Google it to find the links. I believe Otto Roos and David Mayo were the auditors who mentioned that.

One of them also said that Hubbard was never "in" the incidents he ran, that he was always like an observer. That's fascinating to me, because that's one of the characteristics of a schizophrenic and Hubbard himself said someone running an incident "out of valence" would be an observer to it and not get case gain from it. (Phenomenon or someone else with more auditor training can give you more info)

It's unlikely that rock slams meant what Hubbard claimed, or that they always meant that, or that it even meant the supposed incident really happened or happened to the person or whatever. A rock slam could probably happen watching something on TV. Who knows. The meter is unreliable and so are the reads and their supposed meanings.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hold the cans palm down on the auditing table, then have your auditor take a nice 5 pound rock and slam it on your hand. Voila! Rock slam! on the meter for real.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I don't care whether he 'rock slammed' or not, it means exactly nothing (to me) because I no longer think of the tehk and his silly meter as anything but a sick joke.

If I were you I'd stop trying to rationalise any of it. We certainly don't need to try and investigate the contents of his head to know that he absolutely had 'evil purposes', he was riddled in them ... you only have to take a cursory glance at what he actually did to know that.

He treated people as if they were completely disposable, if anyone dared to say or do anything that he didn't like ... they were GONE ... do we need to know more?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
This is exacy how cognitive dissonance goes...
You brain is attempting to rationalise and make sens of things that don't..

Why not just take account, and since you already found and know the essential:
1) Ron was nut and a pathological liar
2) The e- meter is essentially a charge variation detector..

Do "rock slam really has any meaning" ???

We almost all knew how to produce f\n..even when we weren't feeling good at all...
Does it matters in your life, that LRH had such pseudo-reads.???

Do lies lied by liars have rational explanations???
Is this of importance to you????

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Hold the cans palm down on the auditing table, then have your auditor take a nice 5 pound rock and slam it on your hand. Voila! Rock slam! on the meter for real.

:lol: The beauty of that approach is that you only have to actually do it once.
After the first time, just recall an incident where a 5 pound rock was slammed down on your hand.
Instant R/S on demand! It could come in handy sometime.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson

Do not try and rationalize this. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

What truth? You might ask.

There is no "this"

You may ask: There is no "this"?

Only then will you see that it is not the "this" that requires rationalization, it is only yourself.

(to paraphrase Spoonboy)

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Otto Roos talks about it here, in "The O. J. Roos Story."
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/roos/roos-story.html#lrh-fes

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
Hubbard believed about rock slams and what they meant.
It doesn't really matter if they're real or if they mean anything.
To him it was offensive and he took it as a personal attack and thought ill of the auditor.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Hubbard himself said someone running an incident "out of valence" would be an observer to it and not get case gain from it.
:wow: Props to you for mentioning that.

You must be "deep tech." :biggrin: I can only remember that comment from the XDN lectures, maybe one or two other lectures somewhere.
One of them also said that Hubbard was never "in" the incidents he ran, that he was always like an observer.
I'm only speculating . . . but I'm pretty sure Mayo did the pre-session patter and started and ended the session. That much we can probably assume.

Then . . . LRH (1) wresting control of the session at some point and (2) doing some sort of penetrating analysis mode, a bit of (3) stream of consciousness mode, and then followed by (4) lecture mode before the final that's it, end of session.

Certainly no disrespect whatsoever meant toward Mayo, RIP. Mayo was auditing/researching "on the fly" on a troubled and very ill LRH much of the time, as opposed to auditing on a shining set-up case.

An example of this approach could be heard in the Battle of the Universes recorded session (1952). The one with MSH as the then-budding "whole-track research" auditor. He was always interrupting and schooling her during the session. I have a hunch he would always be that way, that is, only half "in session" and half wrestling control. Seems like the type.
I'm only guessing, speculating since the subject came up. Interesting to speculate. :shrug:

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Didn't you know that LRH as Arp Cola originated Rock&Roll back on the track with his group The Rock Slams.
:party:

JustSheila

Crusader
:wow: Props to you for mentioning that.

You must be "deep tech." :biggrin: I can only remember that comment from the XDN lectures, maybe one or two other lectures somewhere.
Thanks. :) I was an ASHO trained NED auditor, so it may have been on that course, but I also worked as the D of P Interviewer (Div 4 HGC AOLA) and D/Solo D of P (Div 4A Solo Auditing tech division) AOLA so had a lot of interesting crams. :giggle: Then there was RPF Rididi, so who knows. :shrug:

I'm only speculating . . . but I'm pretty sure Mayo did the pre-session patter and started and ended the session. That much we can probably assume.

Then . . . LRH (1) wresting control of the session at some point and (2) doing some sort of penetrating analysis mode, a bit of (3) stream of consciousness mode, and then followed by (4) lecture mode before the final that's it, end of session.

Certainly no disrespect whatsoever meant toward Mayo, RIP. Mayo was auditing/researching "on the fly" on a troubled and very ill LRH much of the time, as opposed to auditing on a shining set-up case.

An example of this approach could be heard in the Battle of the Universes recorded session (1952). The one with MSH as the then-budding "whole-track research" auditor. He was always interrupting and schooling her during the session. I have a hunch he would always be that way, that is, only half "in session" and half wrestling control. Seems like the type.
I'm only guessing, speculating since the subject came up. Interesting to speculate. :shrug:
That's interesting! If I remember correctly, David Mayo also did assists and repairs on L Ron and helped him develop some rundowns. Off the top of my head, L Ron was claiming and boasting he was "exterior to the incident" and would run the incidents observing himself, which was classic out-of-valence (and schizophrenia). It was only posted on the net in a couple of places. I'm not sure if it's still up. A lot of things David Mayo wrote or said were taken down while he was being harassed. There was a lot of pressure on David Mayo not to publish what he knew.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
He certainly believed he invented a wonderful tech to blow his entities since he ask Sarge to build him a huuuuuuuge E-meter to blow his nasty BT's.Yes $cientology works ..it drives people insane as seen with the flounder and the many insane OT's in videos!!

Last edited: