What's new

The ESMB Unpopular Opinions Thread

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I've found it refreshing lately to be able to read through entire threads like this with their varied viewpoints without encountering the ubiquitous Helluvahoax posts that used to interrupt most threads with the apparent purpose of getting likes and lols for the poster.
I don't like to talk about someone behind their back, and others here probably know him far better than I do, but HH always gave me the impression that he was a dude with business and other interests aplenty and was a very busy man. But at the same time he managed to find the time to write probably thousands of words here on ESMB every single day. Quite remarkable.

I wouldn't say his posts were ubiquitous though, he never posted on my Crow thread for instance - perhaps he just didn't like crows. :biggrin:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I suppose some people enjoy attention more than others but if the intention is not to be hurtful and is just to make people laugh (while making a point) I don't see how that can possibly be called trolling.

Must dash now, not to play bowls though ... I have an urgent appointment with a surgeon to try and remove the splinters from my arse from sitting on this fence so determinedly.

:eek:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
By that argument, do you also consider everyone else who seemed cheerful when shit exploded around them back in those days in 2007-2009 to be attention junkies?

Am I an attention junkie? I mean I love the attention you're giving me right now! Is that bad? Should I stop?
I dunno. I got out of scn in 1981, but I only got here in 2012. I wasn't around in 2007-2009. Can't comment for lack of data.

I don't know if you're an attention junkie. If you dig the attention that's cool, we all like some of that. But you don't seem to be compulsively annoying people in order to get it.
Is there an attention junkie support group somewhere where I can sit down and get over meself?
Scientology can help you with that. :D

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
-
I don't like to talk about someone behind their back, but HH always gave me the impression that he was a dude with business and other interests aplenty and was a very busy man. But at the same time he managed to find the time to write probably thousands of words here on ESMB every single day. Quite remarkable.
Yes, I sometimes thought that. Maybe it was his way of unwinding from the serious parts of his life.

Unlike some of us, who can just pretty much goof off all day (mainly thinking of Stratty and myself here).

Paul

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
-

Yes, I sometimes thought that. Maybe it was his way of unwinding from the serious parts of his life.

Unlike some of us, who can just pretty much goof off all day (mainly thinking of Stratty and myself here).

Paul
Weren't you going bowling?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I don't like to talk about someone behind their back, and others here probably know him far better than I do, but HH always gave me the impression that he was a dude with business and other interests aplenty and was a very busy man. But at the same time he managed to find the time to write probably thousands of words here on ESMB every single day. Quite remarkable.

I wouldn't say his posts were ubiquitous though, he never posted on my Crow thread for instance - perhaps he just didn't like crows. :biggrin:
From my understanding HH is a very successful, highly intelligent person with a million things on the go at once. Busy people usually fit more in a day than a week of the lazy. I know this from experience (of being lazy).

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
-

Paul
Yeah, but my point was where the fuck did he find the time for the 'serious parts of his life', he always seemed to be churning out possibly tens of long and elaborate posts here every day. I'm not criticising the guy, I'm just intrigued that he found time for it all.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Yeah, but my point was where the fuck did he find the time for the 'serious parts of his life', he always seemed to be churning out possibly tens of long and elaborate posts here every day. I'm not criticising the guy, I'm just intrigued that he found time for it all.
I dunno. It can take me at least an hour to type a long, thought out, properly quoted, properly formatted post. Then I need a rest.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
The added bonus of working from home:

a) You don't have to wear trousers.
b) You can do things and take breaks in your own time.