What's new

Framing Certificates

I just bought (on eBay) four blank (no name on them) Scientology certificates (I don't know where the seller got them, and I am not going to ask any questions).
  1. Study Tech / Student Hat
  2. Pro Metering Course
  3. PTS/SP Course
  4. Method 1 Co-Audit
How large are these certs? Are they 8.5 by 11 inches, or perhaps the A4 paper size?

I would really like to know -- do the Orgs give these to people already framed, or do the "parishioners" have to supply their own frame?

If they come in a frame, what size is the frame? Does anyone have a picture they can post? Is there a mat (white space between the certificate and the frame, so the frame needs to be much larger)?

(I'm sure if I were attesting to New OT 5 or something, the Org would supply the frame. And if I donate enough, they'll give me a gaudy trophy. But for these lower courses, I'm not sure if I would get a frame [I am a never-in, so I really don't know].)

What kind of frame would be appropriate here? (I could also frame any silly fake certs I discussed making in this thread.)

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks !

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think there is a standard size for certificates. I got a lot of certificates at my local org and they are not all the same size and none of them are framed (including my OTV certificate).

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Probably about the size of toilet paper squares.

Just in case they're needed for a secondary purpose?

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I just bought (on eBay) four blank (no name on them) Scientology certificates (I don't know where the seller got them, and I am not going to ask any questions).
  1. Study Tech / Student Hat
  2. Pro Metering Course
  3. PTS/SP Course
  4. Method 1 Co-Audit
How large are these certs? Are they 8.5 by 11 inches, or perhaps the A4 paper size?

I would really like to know -- do the Orgs give these to people already framed, or do the "parishioners" have to supply their own frame?

If they come in a frame, what size is the frame? Does anyone have a picture they can post? Is there a mat (white space between the certificate and the frame, so the frame needs to be much larger)?

(I'm sure if I were attesting to New OT 5 or something, the Org would supply the frame. And if I donate enough, they'll give me a gaudy trophy. But for these lower courses, I'm not sure if I would get a frame [I am a never-in, so I really don't know].)

What kind of frame would be appropriate here? (I could also frame any silly fake certs I discussed making in this thread.)

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks !
Those aren't standard sizes for Scn certs. They're normally quite a bit larger, and many come framed - especially if the person is presented with their cert on stage (at a Scn graduation ceremony).

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I kept a few. Most are roughly A3 size. None were ever framed, but I never was presented with them in the Reg office or on a stage (after paying $100,000 or more for one!).

Whatever size they are it's easy enough to get them professionally matted and framed -- just pay the cost, nearer $25 than $25,000.

Paul

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
If it's only for the lulz or to keep them as collectibles, and not about achieving an authentic look, then laminating them might be an easy way too, to preserve them in all their gaudy beauty. ;)

Voodoo

They seem to frame them for events, by my certs were all unframed.
Yep, that's pretty much the usual order of bidness with the cult. They'll only spring for a nice frame with matting if there's a photo shoot or an audience involved.

I received my Clear cert onstage from Debbie Cook at a Flag graduation ceremony. They framed and matted my cert and gave me a bouquet of roses for the event.

I still have the photo. Don't know if they ever used it in any promo.

Dave95694

Silly Human
Yep, that's pretty much the usual order of bidness with the cult. They'll only spring for a nice frame with matting if there's a photo shoot or an audience involved.

I received my Clear cert onstage from Debbie Cook at a Flag graduation ceremony. They framed and matted my cert and gave me a bouquet of roses for the event.

I still have the photo. Don't know if they ever used it in any promo.
But I bet you signed something somewhere giving them permission to use it as promo!

Voodoo

But I bet you signed something somewhere giving them permission to use it as promo!
I don't think so, but maybe. This was 1993. I don't recall having to sign anything related to receiving my Clear cert.

Gib

Crusader
I never got into the certificate thing, I only wanted abilities to be gained, which were false.

They are 18 inches wide and 13 inches tall. Quite likely I can get them framed, but everyday life will interfere with that, so it will take a while. At some point I'll probably hire a picture frame shop to frame them.