What's new

Brilliant description of Scn Inc.

Veda

Sponsor
The following is 22 September 2019 post, on ESMB, by TheOriginalBigBlue. It's so packed with information and insight that I thought it deserved its own thread.

The Scientology Sharia law | Ex Scientologist Message Board thread provides some added context.

_________________Quote__________________

Most people when thinking of membership in a religion do not associate it with the deliberate creation of a body of documentation that protects the religion from litigation. I think the first thing they have people do now is after watching an introductory video about Scientology they sign something saying they understand and agree Scientology is a religion. Scientologists proceed to sign similar and progressively stricter agreements and waivers when they start another service or start services at another org. Each org is set up as a separate corporation. Scientologists sign NDAs and bonds both as public and staff. With each service completion Scientologists write up "wins" saying how great it was which can be used to counter a later change of position. So being a Scientologist is literally a contractual relationship.

Scientology is a full immersion milieu environment where things like language, associates and time become dedicated to Scientology to the exclusion of other things.

Scientologists are indoctrinated into KSW which is by definition fundamentalism. They believe that it is their only path to spiritual freedom and if they cross Scientology they will be condemned to not remembering past lives or not being able to control reincarnation for eternity. 

It is difficult to find Scientology policy. KSW is their most senior (public) policy but if you run a Google image search for it it is extremely difficult to find in it's entirety. By all rights they should be handing it out like The Way To Happiness booklets but they seem to be embarrassed to reveal policies that every public Scientologists should have access to.

Scientologists lie (tell an acceptable truth) and obfuscate to protect the organization and other Scientologists. It is policy that Scientologists cannot sue or report other Scientologists to non-Scientology authorities. They must go through internal procedures. This makes it difficult to find reliable witnesses.

There are a lot of coercive and manipulative techniques embedded in Scientology. If you cross them they declare you a Suppressive Person and everyone must disconnect from you. The internal judicial procedures are harsh, arbitrary and based on a lot of woo. Their Fair Game policy is essentially gang stalking. Scientologists give them a lot of personal and embarrassing or even incriminating information in auditing and security check sessions and staff life history questionnaires. This can be used against them.

There is a lot of internal compartmentalization of information, censorship, misinformation, redirection and shifting of blame. They use confidential special projects to conduct operations outside of normal organizational lines. Different strata and experience levels don’t know what the other is doing and don’t see or know about actionable crimes.

Scientology is an asset stripping operation which depletes resources needed to conduct a protracted lawsuit. People leaving staff may have neglected medical needs and their priority is to simply survive and get reestablished in the outside world.

Scientology cuts short or completely replaces outside education. Education is a factor in deciding to take action or upon a legal strategy.

Scientology has developed legal strategies to weaponize the legal system and operate without good faith.

Scientology safe points or co-opts local law enforcement and agencies by giving them donations, having them participate in events, placing their people on committees and other PR efforts.

Public awareness of Scientology as a cult and it’s abuses has increased significantly in the last 10 - 15 years. Hubbard said that the complexity of Scientology served as a kind of defense and he was right. For anyone who has tried to explain it to a non-Scientologist it is extremely difficult and gets into the weeds quickly and public awareness and support for issues is a factor in litigation.

Scientology uses religious cloaking. The IRS has given them tax exempt status and they can claim First Amendment protection. They form alliances with religious groups and co-opt other group’s agendas to lobby in support of legislation that protects them or opposes national and international restrictions.

In other words it is more like a mafia than a church except as far as government agencies are concerned it is a piker compared to other mafias and government agencies have a very poor track record of dealing with larger more violent mafias as it is. The thing that sets Scientology apart from other mafias is it developed an effective program to operate in the open regardless of the "rules and processes which govern how a democratic society deals with this type of activity."

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you Veda. I admire your historical perspective and often refer people to your posts to understand the occult connection.

Hubbard did create a somewhat workable technology but it isn't Dianetics and Scientology. I would love to be able to say that Hubbard could never take this as far as he did if he were to start now. It would be nice to think that his success was a matter of timing. Maybe the conditions were perfect to create a con based on Dianetics and Scientology in the 1950s. Unfortunately I don't think I can believe that. It seems to me that the human condition is to be surrounded by ideologies based on false premises or which use valid premises as bait to progressively instill a false premise. That isn't new. What is new is the technology to conduct this as a legitimate operation. That should be frightening - that a known con can be condoned and sanctioned by every level of government. Even cartels and mafia with legitimate fronts are constantly under investigation but it seems the authorities have accepted the status quo with Scientology. We expect groups and businesses to take advantage of politics. If a tax exempt organization is left or right then it is supported or attacked by the left or right. Again that isn't new. But Scientology isn't really left or right - it is completely self-serving very much like a mafia. It equally attempts to exploit the left or the right for it's own purposes and enrichment but it seems to be equally ignored by the left and the right. If a business attempted this they would be subject to the shifting winds of power and the law and bureaucracy could be used against them. Scientology has proven extremely resilient at avoiding the same pitfalls. And religions don't operate as businesses - at least not as crassly and greedily and completely self-serving as Scientology. Scientology sets the gold standard for religion as business and they even get to claim their administrative policies are sacred scriptures. Hubbard personally wrote the policies on creating their RPF (Rehabilitation Project Force) mind reorientation slave labor camps and the co-auditing processes they are supposed to do to each other so we can probably say that technically Scientology succeeded in making human trafficking and false imprisonment a government sanctioned sacred ceremony.

There has been successful litigation brought against the organization but where a business might get a judgement in 100s of millions and key figures put in prison, for the exception of the post 1977 raid judgements, Scientology consistently manages to get by with smaller settlements that hide the facts of the case and minimize bad PR. This is a consequence of effectively constituting any involvement as a contractual agreement that limits member's rights and provides the organization with maximum protections and the creation of an administrative state and culture built around Catch-22s. Aside from their own self-destructive tendencies and a few foreign governments the only real effective strategy to cause the contraction of the organization in the US has been public awareness and grass roots efforts. Now that that has reached a new high maybe legal strategies will be more successful.

All of this makes Scientology a unique and fascinating "technology" or subject to study. The end product of Scientology is an understanding of how we can start out doing and wanting one thing and end up doing and wanting the complete opposite while believing we are still pursuing our original goals and then evolving away from that and synthesizing the whole experience into a new perspective. Scientology is mind bending. If you canned it and sold it as a course or study in mind bending people would probably sign up to study mind bending except knowing it is mind bending in advance would make the experience too objective and to work Scientology needs to remain subjective. In other words, the way out of the Scientology onion is the way through.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . . it is completely self-serving very much like a mafia.
. . . for it's own purposes and enrichment . . .
One thing I could never figure out and maybe you or someone can comment.

In the mafia, a lot of people are getting enriched -- "wetting their beaks" -- and there's
a big incentive for all to keep the illegalities going for the financial benefit of all. Big, big
financial benefits for many, so it's worth the risks.

I don't see who's getting similarly enriched in the Scientology con. Sure, David Miscavige,
through his control of the corporations and bank accounts, but who else?
  • Scientology lawyers -- yes, somewhat through large hourly fees over years
  • Monique Yingling -- yes, somewhat for a really, really long time; a careerist
  • Flag and big-time career FSMs -- yes, somewhat and some even for decades
  • Multi-million dollar payouts to Marty, Debbie and a few others along the way after the fact
So basically for the benefit of one, David Miscavige. He's getting the lion's share of the
monies from the fraud.

All other scams and deceits I can think of involve many people getting enriched in a big way.
Sharing the wealth. Hence, an ongoing momentum and a "critical mass" more easily reached.

:questions:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thing I could never figure out and maybe you or someone can comment.

In the mafia, a lot of people are getting enriched -- "wetting their beaks" -- and there's
a big incentive for all to keep the illegalities going for the financial benefit of all. Big, big
financial benefits for many, so it's worth the risks.

I don't see who's getting similarly enriched in the Scientology con. Sure, David Miscavige,
through his control of the corporations and bank accounts, but who else?
  • Scientology lawyers -- yes, somewhat through large hourly fees over years
  • Monique Yingling -- yes, somewhat for a really, really long time; a careerist
  • Flag and big-time career FSMs -- yes, somewhat and some even for decades
  • Multi-million dollar payouts to Marty, Debbie and a few others along the way after the fact
So basically for the benefit of one, David Miscavige. He's getting the lion's share of the
monies from the fraud.

All other scams and deceits I can think of involve many people getting enriched in a big way.
Sharing the wealth. Hence, an ongoing momentum and a "critical mass" more easily reached.

:questions:
I think you answered your own question. I think this was always about enriching "one person".

This is the impressive thing about Scientology - that it can operate with two completely seemingly contradictory Admin Scales or goals and purposes. It has stated goals and purposes for Hubbard, and now Miscavige, and one for everyone else. I think once that is understood Scientology makes a lot of sense.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
It has stated goals and purposes for Hubbard, and now Miscavige, and one for everyone else. I think once that is understood Scientology makes a lot of sense.
And that is one of the hardest concepts to "grok" and accept, especially after years and years
of precise and totally contradictory indoctrination through books and courses . . . and most
importantly, through clay demos (nod to HH). :coolwink:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
And that is one of the hardest concepts to "grok" and accept, especially after years and years
of precise and totally contradictory indoctrination through books and courses . . . and most
importantly, through clay demos (nod to HH). :coolwink:
I find it difficult to accept that Hubbard conceived of this all up front. Was he really that smart? So much of what he did was really stupid and ended so badly. I tend to look at it as the product of amoralism. This takes us back to the OTO and their guiding principle of "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". Hubbard could say and do anything with full conviction and then do completely the opposite with equal conviction. Indeed we see this permeating Scientology. How can anyone be at total cause over Matter Energy Space Time and their own Condition of Existence as long as there is someone else who is at total cause over Matter Energy Space Time and their own Condition of Existence? It's a very seductive proposition but it makes no sense.

Most of society and governments are not really structured to recognize and deal with amoralism. As Hubbard said "Evil is difficult to confront".