What's new

Where are you on the Bridge?

My training and processing level is

• Total voters

Div6

Crusader
The inference that the only reason someone would not reveal their identity here is because of "withhold" and fear is, to put it kindly, very Scientological, in that it makes wrong one's decisions about one's own life! Where the COS and tech went wrong began with the idea they knew best for all. And then enforced it with ethics. I believe the truest responsiblity is love and all processes, teachings, experience that do not lead to that direction may be discarded. In my experience most of the tech, while capable of creating effects, is in that line.

I'm going to tell a story here.

When I was "in", my dad was rabidly antagonistic to my involvement with Scn. Needless to say, this added many hours to my "tech estimate". However, I persevered, dutifully did a PTS rundown, and then the C/S programmed me for grade chart actions.
I dug in my heels, and pointed out that per "the tech" I should get a Suppressed Person Rundown, otherwise it wasn't a "full" handling. I prevailed in this, and received the rundown. We got the EP of the formerly antagonistic person "making his peace". My dad and I were on very good terms thereafter.

That, to me, was beyond value, and remains a reason why I hold the tech in some regard. BUT, I had to scream to get them to "do what it said to do."

And that is a whole nother story.

The Freezone still uses the concept of the Bridge but I am not sure about the overall view in regards to if they consider they are still in 'Scientology'.

To be certain all LRH tech was worthless means a lot of people are wrong or deluded. I'd be amazed if someone found no use for any of it anywhere because as LRH and as others have pointed out he drew his conclusions and methods from many great thinkers.

I saw a video recently that 8008 removed his gratitude note to all those persons he took knowledge from. I hope not but if anyone can confirm?

I know that gratitude note use to be infront of Science of Survival (if its the same one I'm thinking of). It was removed at one point then I heard it reappeared again someone else.
Also, I'm not saying Scientology auditing did not effect people. But in my view the wins were euphorias and not long lasting and the cognitions where shifts in attitudes which came when a person shuts off his analytical ability. Now obviously I have no empirical data on this, it is my conclusion from everything I've seen. But the only arguments that Scientology has positive effects are emotivistic.

The Anabaptist Jacques

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm going to tell a story here.

When I was "in", my dad was rabidly antagonistic to my involvement with Scn. Needless to say, this added many hours to my "tech estimate". However, I persevered, dutifully did a PTS rundown, and then the C/S programmed me for grade chart actions.
I dug in my heels, and pointed out that per "the tech" I should get a Suppressed Person Rundown, otherwise it wasn't a "full" handling. I prevailed in this, and received the rundown. We got the EP of the formerly antagonistic person "making his peace". My dad and I were on very good terms thereafter.

That, to me, was beyond value, and remains a reason why I hold the tech in some regard. BUT, I had to scream to get them to "do what it said to do."

And that is a whole nother story.

By no means am I saying COS tech can't be part of a person's path. It has been part of mine! My objection is the mindset that it is the only way, which breeds the sort of evaluation in the post I responded to. I also believe much of it is not true or true at a lower harmonic than is reasonable for spiritual growth. But that is opinion and worth what you pay for it.

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
The are no "Operating Thetans".
Thus, there are no "OT levels".
A bridge is a structure that begins at one location, crosses over an obstruction, and ends at another location.
The scientology "bridge" begins at a point, but does not end anywhere. Actually, it leads one into numerous created obstructions.
The scientology bridge is nonsense and a fraud.
Smitty

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
The inference that the only reason someone would not reveal their identity here is because of "withhold" and fear is, to put it kindly, very Scientological, in that it makes wrong one's decisions about one's own life! Where the COS and tech went wrong began with the idea they knew best for all. And then enforced it with ethics. I believe the truest responsiblity is love and all processes, teachings, experience that do not lead to that direction may be discarded. In my experience most of the tech, while capable of creating effects, is in that line.

There is no inference that a withhold is the only reason. There may be many reasons. "Its none of my business where a person is on the Bridge", is also a valid reason. I accept any, it is up to you if you want to answer the poll.

I also don't think I have tried to accomplish what you said, "it makes wrong one's decisions about one's own life!"

If I made you wrong I apologize.

For those not wanting to answer the poll, I was trying to change their decision and I still hope they will answer it. I also hope they will not be fair gamed if they do answer it.

And yes it may seem Scientological because I used the term 'withhold'. That is simply because it is a Scientology word.

I used it partly as a response to a situation I did not understand regarding 'why an avatar is hesitant to show past training levels?'

I also used the term because I am a Scientologist. This board is a Scientology discussion about Church and Tech and experiences with.

To deny me the use of a Scientology concept is something no-one can do.

That you consider it a bad technology or a bad usage is up to you. I mentioned it flipantly as a humorous referance to the technology most of us are familiar with.

I don't think I accused any Avatar here of Overts?

I also used it as a prompt to suggest to some that they should not withhold such a simple answer due to fear of the Church, if anyone wants to maintain that fear, well that is also up to them. I think fear has a purpose, so its not all bad anyways.

But if every Scientologist who is against the Church, whether they are in or out, stood up now then the game would end faster.

To a degree I practice what I preach and if you look back to my first post a few months ago I was hiding my details.

The dangers of OSA are proven real but what can OSA effectively do if 1000 avatars happen to mention their training level on a Internet discussion board?

To me it seems OSA is under attack and it is not the one who can effectively attack anymore. This is a good thing and I hope it progresses to the destruction of OSA.

So lets continue with the discussion and voting if you like.

Many threads go down the tubes into arguments and I have not taken what you said in offense and none was purposely given in my response, but I hope I have clarified. :)

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no inference that a withhold is the only reason. There may be many reasons. "Its none of my business where a person is on the Bridge", is also a valid reason. I accept any, it is up to you if you want to answer the poll.

I also don't think I have tried to accomplish what you said, "it makes wrong one's decisions about one's own life!"

If I made you wrong I apologize.

For those not wanting to answer the poll, I was trying to change their decision and I still hope they will answer it. I also hope they will not be fair gamed if they do answer it.

And yes it may seem Scientological because I used the term 'withhold'. That is simply because it is a Scientology word.

I used it partly as a response to a situation I did not understand regarding 'why an avatar is hesitant to show past training levels?'

I also used the term because I am a Scientologist. This board is a Scientology discussion about Church and Tech and experiences with.

To deny me the use of a Scientology concept is something no-one can do.

That you consider it a bad technology or a bad usage is up to you. I mentioned it flipantly as a humorous referance to the technology most of us are familiar with.

I don't think I accused any Avatar here of Overts?

I also used it as a prompt to suggest to some that they should not withhold such a simple answer due to fear of the Church, if anyone wants to maintain that fear, well that is also up to them. I think fear has a purpose, so its not all bad anyways.

But if every Scientologist who is against the Church, whether they are in or out, stood up now then the game would end faster.

To a degree I practice what I preach and if you look back to my first post a few months ago I was hiding my details.

The dangers of OSA are proven real but what can OSA effectively do if 1000 avatars happen to mention their training level on a Internet discussion board?

To me it seems OSA is under attack and it is not the one who can effectively attack anymore. This is a good thing and I hope it progresses to the destruction of OSA.

So lets continue with the discussion and voting if you like.

Many threads go down the tubes into arguments and I have not taken what you said in offense and none was purposely given in my response, but I hope I have clarified. :)

I wish you well and hope you find what you want in life. However your above post is astonishingly manipulative, false, and largely off the subject of my post. To the point where I question your good faith. Feel free to ask anything you want but don't expect to do it without challenge.

Smitty

Emma has defined the purpose of the board thusly:

"This message board is for ex Scientologists to freely discuss mutual experiences in Scientology. It covers such topics as L. Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige and current management, auditing and training, Ethics tech and its application, OSA, fair game, Clear & OT levels, Freewinds, and recovering from a cult experience."

Did you miss the "ex"?
Smitty

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
There is also quite a thread aimed at defining what an ex Scientologists is.

If I get banned for saying I consider myself a Scientologist because I find some of the Tech useful then we will soon know.

Is that important to you that I not consider myself a Scientologist?

The site is not called anti-scientologists, perhaps I am a rebellious Scientologist or Declared Scientologist.

I think this is more important...

"This message board is for ex Scientologists to freely discuss mutual experiences in Scientology. It covers such topics as L. Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige and current management, auditing and training, Ethics tech and its application, OSA, fair game, Clear & OT levels, Freewinds, and recovering from a cult experience."

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
"Where are you on the Bridge?" is a subject for current Scientologists.

"Where were you on the Bridge?" is something an ex may ask.

Of course, we have a mix of both here and that's fine. But don't be surprised if you get a reaction from the exes who have left it far behind.

Data collected about those who still consider themselves a scientologist, whilst on an ex board, IS information that could be used in fair game.

Just so you know.

free1996

Patron with Honors
Can you expand on that? Trying to figure what out?

Yes this is a small monkey actually there are lots of them in Bohol.

The most cute thing i have ever seen Ill put some more shots on my blog sometime soon.

I'm thinking about having one as a pet instead of a dog or cat.

Grundy said "I did a poll like this and got my head chopped off" lol

Well I hope you grew it back :thumbsup:

Was there something wrong with asking this type of question before?

They are beautiful monkeys..tell us more about them on this post or a new one. I had looked at your picture and then did a double take. Good personality!!!

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
"The tarsier is often claimed to be the world's smallest monkey -- however, this claim is somewhat dubious, since, although they are primates, technically, the tarsier is not a monkey. According to biology, it belongs to its own suborder under the primates.

Although the species is believed to be about 45 million years old, and is perhaps one of the oldest land species to continuously live in the Philippines, it was only introduced to western biologists in the 18th century.

The Tarsier normally lives in and around the base of tree trunks and at the roots of plants such as bamboo. At daytime, they hide in hollows close to the ground. They hunt at night, exclusively for animal prey. Their diet consists mostly of insects such as cockroaches and crickets, but if they have a chance to catch a small lizard, bird or bat, they won't hesitate to do so.

To communicate with each other, the tarsier produces a number of different calls; sometimes a long piercing single note, and sometimes a soft sweet, bird-like thrill. When several individuals are talking with each other they can produce a noise that somewhat resembles the chirping of locusts."

http://www.bohol.ph/article44.html

They are really cool to see and play with. They grab like a Koala but are so small, cute and seemingly defenseless

Big eyes that show interest like a monkey.

I think they live 20 - 30 years.

Nice forests they live in..

Smitty

reply to Flag-2005

Is this the subject you mean? Where are you on the Bridge?
No, we were discussing the meaning of "ex-scientologist". The thread is titled, "Where are you on the bridge?", which is in fact a survey you have posted here to acquire information on those who answer it.
Or have I dissociatived myself again?
You have dissociated or lied.
Head over to the 'What is an ex scientologist?' thread and enjoy your subject of discussion.
Irrelevant. You head over to your nearest dictionary and read what "ex-" means. Are you not applying 'study tech'?
Smitty

Tim Skog

I was on the Bridge. I attested to Natural Clear and had recently started my clearing course. But now it's all irrelevant. I left the cult in 1986 and have been NCG since and love it.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tim

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
Mainly Admin training here. Seems to be the norm in the SO. Got to get hatted B4 the Tech training. Just fine by me.

I completed HQS, Student Hat, FPRD, CCRD, KTL, OEC Vol 0,1,2. I was a fully hatted CMO missionaire. Why would I need to do my grades after my ccrd?
I completed all of the EPF courses, Driving school,All of the CMO EOF Courses and had my messenger CSW approved.

My two cents

Ex SO :happydance: